Fabrice Muamba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Newb_Russ

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Newb_Russ »

Just got home from a St Patricks night with some family in London, keep on trying to get updates. We were sat in the ground, me on a guest ticket in with the spurs fans. Not to sure what was shown on the TV last night but it was a harrowing experience, i was sat in the east stand just about level where the event took place. As a 'nuetral' does you get a different perspective on the game and are not always following the ball. At this point i thought Bolton were beginning to get a foot hold in the midfield and i was watching Modric as there seemed to be little effort coming from him in particular, then Fabrice just dropped in my peripheral vision. Everything moved quick for a while, lots of medical staff all the equipment, you could quite clearly see the attempt to turn him to recovery position and what appeared to be fitting, then the change of decision when they realised that more was required and it all slowed down. There were many attempts of CPR, or whatever the new one advertised by V Jones is called, with the defib being used many times. You could see the shock going through him and you could see the anguish each time in the players as they would try to look away. The fans in the area close to me which, unfortunately you could say, was the best viewing area were also visibly distressed. The fans in the stadium as a whole, as many of you have said, were great. A respectful eerie hush to start with as soon as they knew it was serious, then a little pocket of noise from the few Bolton fans there were, that was quickly picked up by the home support. All willing, hoping he could hear i suppose, him to come through.

After he was stretchered off, you could see Howard Webb gather the players and take them down the tunnel. Minutes later the announcement came over the tannoy that the match as a whole was abandonned, again the crowd were completely understanding. There was a round of chanting Fabrice Muamba and a round of applause all around the ground followed by a respectful quiet as everyone filed out. I was impressed.

The mood didnt really lighten until we heard later that he was stabile, which wasnt it seems exactly as i understood it to be.
My thoughts are still with him.

augie

Post by augie »

They have called off the bolton v villa game for tuesday night which seems a bit ominus to me :(
I was never quite convinced by the "stable" comment - normally in that situation there is a statement along the lines of the patient being stable but remains in a critical condition and how important the next 24 hours would be but all that statement said was that he was stable and it seemed vague and suspicious to me. Hope I am as wrong as wrong can be but it just seemed like they were saying it for saying its sake

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

Newb_Russ wrote:Just got home from a St Patricks night with some family in London, keep on trying to get updates. We were sat in the ground, me on a guest ticket in with the spurs fans. Not to sure what was shown on the TV last night but it was a harrowing experience, i was sat in the east stand just about level where the event took place. As a 'nuetral' does you get a different perspective on the game and are not always following the ball. At this point i thought Bolton were beginning to get a foot hold in the midfield and i was watching Modric as there seemed to be little effort coming from him in particular, then Fabrice just dropped in my peripheral vision. Everything moved quick for a while, lots of medical staff all the equipment, you could quite clearly see the attempt to turn him to recovery position and what appeared to be fitting, then the change of decision when they realised that more was required and it all slowed down. There were many attempts of CPR, or whatever the new one advertised by V Jones is called, with the defib being used many times. You could see the shock going through him and you could see the anguish each time in the players as they would try to look away. The fans in the area close to me which, unfortunately you could say, was the best viewing area were also visibly distressed. The fans in the stadium as a whole, as many of you have said, were great. A respectful eerie hush to start with as soon as they knew it was serious, then a little pocket of noise from the few Bolton fans there were, that was quickly picked up by the home support. All willing, hoping he could hear i suppose, him to come through.

After he was stretchered off, you could see Howard Webb gather the players and take them down the tunnel. Minutes later the announcement came over the tannoy that the match as a whole was abandonned, again the crowd were completely understanding. There was a round of chanting Fabrice Muamba and a round of applause all around the ground followed by a respectful quiet as everyone filed out. I was impressed.

The mood didnt really lighten until we heard later that he was stabile, which wasnt it seems exactly as i understood it to be.
Why would you ever go to that shithole?

Newb_Russ

Post by Newb_Russ »

Resident Plastic wrote:
Newb_Russ wrote:Just got home from a St Patricks night with some family in London, keep on trying to get updates. We were sat in the ground, me on a guest ticket in with the spurs fans.

With friends, do you have any? I could say that i went to watch Ryo Miyaichi play, see how he was getting on, but what would it have to do with the point of thread?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Genuinely shocked and saddened by this news, I was almost in tears over this. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time, and to all the staff and players at BWFC.

Also have to mention the way the fans dealt with the situation. It would have been simple to chuck dog's abuse at him due to the Arsenal connection but I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mumbles.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I dont understand all these kudos going to the spurs fans if i'm honest. If you see someone slump to the ground in a heap with nobody anywhere near him and then swarmed instantly by medical staff it hardly takes sherlock holmes to work out that its pretty serious. It shouldn't take much self-control to refrain ones self from throwing dogs abuse.

Im probably being really harsh here but i just dont get it. Them observing the Rocastle minutes silence was a nice touch, this was just the least i would expect from a human being :|

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

augie wrote:They have called off the bolton v villa game for tuesday night which seems a bit ominus to me :(
I was never quite convinced by the "stable" comment - normally in that situation there is a statement along the lines of the patient being stable but remains in a critical condition and how important the next 24 hours would be but all that statement said was that he was stable and it seemed vague and suspicious to me. Hope I am as wrong as wrong can be but it just seemed like they were saying it for saying its sake
It also doesn't look good that his heart was supposed to have stopped for as long as it did. Reading the case of Clive Clarke (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423393) it seems that any longer then 3 minutes and a full recovery is rather unlikely. :|

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Thoughts and prayers are with Muamba. I just can't see an outcome where he will play football again. Such a sad situation.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Best wishes to the guy...really hope he pulls through.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

LDB wrote:
augie wrote:They have called off the bolton v villa game for tuesday night which seems a bit ominus to me :(
It also doesn't look good that his heart was supposed to have stopped for as long as it did. Reading the case of Clive Clarke (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423393) it seems that any longer then 3 minutes and a full recovery is rather unlikely. :|
I wouldn't read too far into that. Obviously it's touch and go, but let's keep hoping he'll come through.

The guy is in intensive care which is standard procedure for a heart attack patient, he's under anasthetic so his body isn't working too hard, now it's up to the doctors to work out what's actually wrong and hopefully fix it.

The full recovery thing is down to organ damage due to lack of oxygen, particularly to the brain. However, he got immediate medical attention and was given oxygen on the pitch and would have continued to be given oxygen on his way to and in the hospital.

He's at the London Chest Hospital which is the best in the country for heart attack patients - he couldn't be under better care.

Basically, he's got the best possible chances you could have in this situation. Let's just wait and see.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

All the best to Muamba my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family

UTU The Arsenal

Post by UTU The Arsenal »

Best Wishes to Muamba and his family, I Hope he pulls through. Sp*rs fans do deserve credit for their reaction.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Newb_Russ wrote:
Resident Plastic wrote:
Newb_Russ wrote:Just got home from a St Patricks night with some family in London, keep on trying to get updates. We were sat in the ground, me on a guest ticket in with the spurs fans.

With friends, do you have any?

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Really hope Fabrice pull's through and recovers well.

Very sad situation indeed.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Hope the kid makes it through.

He will never play again but that is really irrelavant at the moment.

:cry: