Poll - What's changed? - you decide

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What is the reason for the recent good run of results and performances?

A stable, first choice back four
53%
The departure of Arshavin
5%
Mertesackers absence
7%
Ramseys absence
4%
Arsene Wengers coaching and motivation
3%
Thierry Henrys' loan spell leaving a lasting impression on the team
7%
RVP bedded in as captain now inspiring the team
13%
Fear of not finishing top four
8%

Total votes: 75

DB10GOONER

Re: Poll - What's changed? - you decide

Post by DB10GOONER »

A combination of things coincidently happening around the same time? :?

Rosicky moving into the middle, Ramsey off injured, AA23 taking his huge lazy ass outa there, the booing of Feo Feo possibly waking up the players, return of Sagna, RVP staying fit and on form, emergence of the Ox, the back 4 being stabilised for a reasonable spell, the pure blind luck that supershit Song hasn't actually cost us a game yet and also the media speculation about MeltedFace getting the Engerland job (and his tax dodger "trial"/miscarriage of justice) sending the Scum into a hilarious nosedive.

As my learned friend Augie says, very little or nothing to do with Wenger. And now he seems to have decided to move Rosicky back out wide to accomodate the out of form Ramsey, I have a feeling the good times might be ending soon... :(

Before the Ramsey lovers start whining like bitches, I do think he is a good player and has the potential to become top class, but he has been frustratingly out of form for months now. And for the Song lovers? Seriously please just f*ck off. Thank you. :D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I agree with the majority that the back 4 is the basis of our resurgence. I also think Rosicky has injected some speed and movement into our play, which had been sadly lacking. I also think, and I'm sure it will provoke some reaction, that, as important as Sagna has been, Gibbs deserves a mention. He has come in for plenty of stick but he appears to have bulked up a bit and has put in some solid performances in attack and defence. A good back 4 needs all 4 to contribute.

I disagree with those posters who say that not much has changed and that all our previous frailties are still there under the surface.
We've not had a reliable back 4, now we do. Rosicky's form has been a real boost, the Ox is contributing, players are coming back from injury etc etc ................ however, we do still have sheep's-head Song, so I accept there's a way to go.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:Song lovers Seriously please just f*ck off. Thank you. :D :wink:
Knacker :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Song lovers Seriously please just f*ck off. Thank you. :D :wink:
Knacker :lol:
Thank you. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I voted for the stable back four, but that goes hand-in-hand with the useless German lump not being in the team

Last night was a classic example of where TV5 and Koscielny had to use all their pace and strength to dig out the 1-0 win against a team that were becoming increasingly physical and direct in their approach. Of course, we will never know what would have happened had Mertesacker been there, but I'm pretty sure that he would not have withstood that approach from Everton.

Having Bacary Sagna back of course has been a massive factor. I don't think I'd swap him for any right back in the country. Those months of watching Djourou have nightmares in that position are thankfully becoming a distant memory

dave e

Post by dave e »

Voted for stable back 4 but think only playing one game a week has made a big difference

dave e

Post by dave e »

Voted for stable back 4 but think only playing one game a week has made a big difference

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

DB10GOONER wrote:A combination of things coincidently happening around the same time? :?

Rosicky moving into the middle, Ramsey off injured, AA23 taking his huge lazy ass outa there, the booing of Feo Feo possibly waking up the players, return of Sagna, RVP staying fit and on form, emergence of the Ox, the back 4 being stabilised for a reasonable spell, the pure blind luck that supershit Song hasn't actually cost us a game yet and also the media speculation about MeltedFace getting the Engerland job (and his tax dodger "trial"/miscarriage of justice) sending the Scum into a hilarious nosedive.

As my learned friend Augie says, very little or nothing to do with Wenger. And now he seems to have decided to move Rosicky back out wide to accomodate the out of form Ramsey, I have a feeling the good times might be ending soon... :(

Before the Ramsey lovers start whining like bitches, I do think he is a good player and has the potential to become top class, but he has been frustratingly out of form for months now. And for the Song lovers? Seriously please just f*ck off. Thank you. :D :wink:
I didn't even take that into consideration until now :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

arsenalmorris wrote:why can i not vote for all the above
You can pick any two of em. :barscarf:

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

Got to be the back four for me. I pray they can all stay fit for the rest of season. The sight of Johan Djourou fills me with fear.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Its the back four, finally the penny might drop that players like Djourou and Squallaci will only bring defeats

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:A combination of things coincidently happening around the same time? :?

This^^^^^ :high5:

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

Got to be the defence for me. Having kos and verminator at the back is so much better than any other pairing we have. Quite simply, the BFG, djourou and squillaci aren't good enough

augie

Post by augie »

I know that I am one of the minority (in fact I might actually be on my own here) but I still believe that mertesacker will prove to be a good signing 8)

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I am not going to select anything for this as I have been quite happy with things all season.

I suppose you could argue Wengers decision to play Santos in Greece was the reason for our "difficult mid season spell" and so the return of the fullbacks is the main reason we are now winning more matches. without this we would have been on a winning run from mid October and have already secured 3rd place

the title was always beyond us after our bad start of course