Championship Promotion

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Championship Promotion

Post by SWLGooner »

Looks like Reading and one of So'ton or West Ham for the promotion places. Very happy with those two as they are both grounds I have not visited before (couldn't get a ticket for Reading in 08 and Soton were before my time going aways), and I live 10 minutes from Waterloo, so nice and easy 8)

West Ham would be quite nice but oh how I would love Brighton to come up via the playoffs :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Re: Championship Promotion

Post by mcdowell42 »

Good win for reading tonight

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

oh how I would love Brighton to come up
bet you and jayson can't wait for that- what an away weekend that will be. some very sore anuses indeed :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

There is f**k all things I hate in footie more than needless passing for passings sake - Southampton passed sidewards, backwards and then sidewards again and I wouldn't mind but 2 of the 3 proper footballers they had were playing up front so fannying around with the ball makes no sense :roll: They had a Hammond guy in midfield who kept coming back to take the ball from his defense which will be all well and good if he was a playmaker but he kept giving it straight back to them - just get the f**k out off the way you c**t :evil: :evil:

Overall I wouldn't hold out much hope for either team staying up in the prem league - both sides have a lack of pace and reading are pretty much a route 1 type of team

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
bet you and jayson can't wait for that- what an away weekend that will be. some very sore anuses indeed :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously hope they come up. We've been planning our outfits, where to stay and what clubs to frequent if they cum up :barscarf:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

HashKads wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

Seriously hope they come up. We've been planning our outfits, where to stay and what clubs to frequent if they cum up :barscarf:
Shall we just do the weekend anyway babe? I am in need of some loving now I am totally convinced RVP is off :cry:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

HashKads wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

I hope that isn't your greatest expectation :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Looks like Reading and one of So'ton or West Ham for the promotion places. Very happy with those two as they are both grounds I have not visited before (couldn't get a ticket for Reading in 08 and Soton were before my time going aways), and I live 10 minutes from Waterloo, so nice and easy 8)

West Ham would be quite nice but oh how I would love Brighton to come up via the playoffs :barscarf:
I'd like to see soton, reading and brighton get up as well, I hope west ham DON'T get promoted...not only does it mean (yet) another London /local(ish) derby, but it means fat *word censored* allardyce will have failed. and THAT for me IS a Nice result!. :high5: :D :barscarf:

Barry Bastard

Post by Barry Bastard »

Southampton, Reading and Brighton for me. And I hope we never see West Ham playing in the Premiership in their new non-football stadium. Don't forget your binoculars.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I'm one of the Old Gits on here who remember watching Brian McDermott when he played for us and watching his interviews he comes across as a decent chap. Can't argue with what is it 14 wins out of the last 16 games so they deserve to go up.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Reading, West Ham and blackpool personally.

Spent some time living in Portsmouth and went to Uni there so I have an entirely plastic fondness for pompey so southampton can fuck right off.

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Afobe is on loan at Reading, good enough reason for me.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Rosicky's Right Boot wrote:Afobe is on loan at Reading, good enough reason for me.
Hardly pulling up any trees there though. If memory serves me right Afobe hardly scored when on loan at Huddersfield as well - which is worrying if the plan is to have him as one of our back up strikers next season. :rubchin: :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Will be glad to see Southampton and Reading in the Prem - nothing bad to say about either of them, and good to see a club like Southampton recover from dropping down through the divisions

I don't mind the Hammers - they are a proper old school football club with a decent fan base and I will forever be grateful to them for beating the Scum on the last day of the 2005/06 season and making the last day at Highbury one to treasure. Its just a shame they've got that miserable Northern scumbag as manager now, although it seems like most Hammers fans are in agreement there :D

I can't stand Birmingham City - forget them beating us in the League Cup final, as Luton and Swindon have done that and I don't hate them - its more about their moronic 'Little Club Charter' fans. Singing "there's only one Martin Taylor" the season after breaking Eduardo's leg summed them up. Cardiff are a bunch of 'chip on shoulder' morons that I don't particularly want to see either

Blackpool, Brighton and the Boro are all welcome. Have some great memories of the Riverside, namely Kanuuuuuuuuuuuu's mid-air trick shot in the 6-1 win up there

aalderton

Post by aalderton »

I want southern clubs to come up to the prem so we don't have to travel too far around England