Out of Contract Players 2012

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Out of Contract Players 2012

Post by StuartL »

Barriecuda wrote:Raul has said he wants less competitive football than the Bundesliga, so he will not be coming to England. Look for him to end up in Dubai or China, or possibly the MLS.

I like Hoilett because I *believe* he'd be the first ever Canadian at Arsenal. Will have to look into this.

Riccardo Montolivo would be a great acquisition on a free.

van Bommel would be an interesting defensive stopper off the bench, but he's probably too old for the Prem. Zambrotta is another pretty experienced defender who appears to be available.

And while I haven't seen him play in quite some time, oldtimer Marcos Senna used to be a pretty steady midfielder. Don't know if the years are catching up fast with him though.

Senna would have been perfect 2 / 3 years ago to add a bit of bite to midfield, haven't seen him play recently but would fear that his best days are behind him now.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I wouldn't have Flamini anywhere near the club, a 6 month wonder who got way too big for his boots.

I reckon Wenger will go for Rodellaga or Hoilet, they are both up his street.......free.
Rodellaga will be a good replacement for RVP.........20m in, nothing out!! Perfect for Wenger.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Montolivo to AC Milan.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Craig Gordon as a backup keeper?

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

cusamano wrote:Raul
Actually I'd have him too .. a class act still ..

slag

Post by slag »

g88ner wrote:Inter Milan's Chivu was always a very good player - 31yrs old and can play left back

No idea what condition he's in like, so maybe he's out of contract for a reason. :?
his head is knackered...fractured his skull or something

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

slag wrote:
g88ner wrote:Inter Milan's Chivu was always a very good player - 31yrs old and can play left back

No idea what condition he's in like, so maybe he's out of contract for a reason. :?
Thats why crash helmets should be compulsory, I wear one, so do my kids, they look a bit divvy to start with but once you paint them with your own designs they look quite cool. My kids have told me the other kids at school were so impressed that they wanted to spend the whole break time testing them out and throwing things at them. Amazing how something like that can make your kids so popular :barscarf: Helmets Rock!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Delorean Dor's wrote:
slag wrote:

Thats why crash helmets should be compulsory, I wear one, so do my kids, they look a bit divvy to start with but once you paint them with your own designs they look quite cool. My kids have told me the other kids at school were so impressed that they wanted to spend the whole break time testing them out and throwing things at them. Amazing how something like that can make your kids so popular :barscarf: Helmets Rock!
You wear a crash helmet playing football? :?

slag

Post by slag »

i test all crash helmets by diving down my stairs head first Tom Daley style...

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Del Piero, Nesta,

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Totally agree Foster would make a great number 2 (tell him he can be cup keeper).

Noticed that Kjaer and Diego were both out on loan from Wolfsburg, would love to test them with a bid (including one or more of our dregs).

Lets face it even free Wenger won't sign any of them.

However after trawling through the lists (and noting Denilson is the highest valued brazilian on there!) and considering how we need our defence to stick together more, I think we should go for the brazilian centre back who goes by the name Gum....

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Delorean Dor's wrote:
slag wrote:

You wear a crash helmet playing football? :?
Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Chopper wrote:Totally agree Foster would make a great number 2 (tell him he can be cup keeper).

Noticed that Kjaer and Diego were both out on loan from Wolfsburg, would love to test them with a bid (including one or more of our dregs).

Lets face it even free Wenger won't sign any of them.

However after trawling through the lists (and noting Denilson is the highest valued brazilian on there!) and considering how we need our defence to stick together more, I think we should go for the brazilian centre back who goes by the name Gum....
He gets chewed by every half decent centre foward.

Btw, crash helmets for footie? C'mon...

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Delorean Dor's wrote:
slag wrote:

:lol: :lol: