Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Re: 3700 season ticket waiting list

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Nikki86 wrote:Ok I've gone for Block 9 row 2 & 4 (same seats), ridiculously close to the pitch but at least i'll be in the lower tier! :barscarf:
good choice! you can always go in block 6 if you want to stand together. always room there if you want to get involved

_James_

Post by _James_ »

I got an email from Arsenal today offering a season ticket, just checked and I was 5,877 on the list. I really hope I keep my away points?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

chyren1 wrote:They called again..
Me and my gf have been red members for four years,
And they called for 2 season tickets..
And I m broke right now :evil:

What happen if I pass?
I go back in the back of the queue??

Do it on finance.

tel

Post by tel »

I've had an email today also and I'm around 4,500 on the list. I won't be taking them up on their offer as I'd rather keep my silver plus I have better things to do with £1400. :roll:

aalderton

Post by aalderton »

_James_ wrote:I got an email from Arsenal today offering a season ticket, just checked and I was 5,877 on the list. I really hope I keep my away points?
Holy crap nearly 6000 didn't renew season tickets. You can transfer your away points onto your season ticket if your worried about losing them

Herd

Post by Herd »

tel wrote:I've had an email today also and I'm around 4,500 on the list. I won't be taking them up on their offer as I'd rather keep my silver plus I have better things to do with £1400. :roll:
Never mind the club appreciate your 3 years of support !

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

aalderton wrote:
_James_ wrote:I got an email from Arsenal today offering a season ticket, just checked and I was 5,877 on the list. I really hope I keep my away points?
Holy crap nearly 6000 didn't renew season tickets. You can transfer your away points onto your season ticket if your worried about losing them
dont think you can mate. You have to start again im afraid

J-Calli

Post by J-Calli »

F*ck me 6,000 gooners have given up season tickets! Thats a lot

J-Calli

Post by J-Calli »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
aalderton wrote:
dont think you can mate. You have to start again im afraid
Mike is correct. I got offered a season ticket 2 days ago and asked that very same question. They told me they take you OFF the list, not even put you to the BACK of the list. Nice to know they are understanding and accomodating about the every day persons finances, after years of support :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

Six thousand people (so far) have refused season tickets either by not renewing or by not taking up the offer of one by the non renewals - we all knew that the recession allied to the total dissatisfaction of the way our club is being run would have an effect of season ticket sales but I am still surprised by this number :o With these figures along with last summers non renewals it should start raising flags with those running the club do you think ? Personally I am sceptical that it will raise any eyebrows or cause kroenke, ivan or wenger any sleepless nights but some fans do believe that boycotting season tickets is the only way to turn up the heat on wenger and the board so we will see

Was discussing all things footie with my 9 year old son last weekend and he started dissing la liga by stating that only two teams can win it and at least in england the two manc teams or chavski can win it - I tried to explain to him that we have won leagues before and we will win them again and that football sometimes goes in cycles like that but it saddened me that he couldnt accept or comprehend the fact that the club he loves will win a league in the future :cry:

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

most of the lower tier is now sold out for ST

Upper is fully available as 1000's of members wanting to go in lower tier. Hence why so many moved up the list

all you will get offered now is upper tier , or singles in lower if your lucky

thats why i say , dont accept a season ticket upper tier or you will be stuck with it. next season will be harder to get moved

Nikki86

Post by Nikki86 »

Good job I listened to you! :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Last year I was offered a pair about this time. I pleaded poverty and said if I'd known I was going to get the offer I would have saved a bit. The guy deferred my offer to this year. I got offered again in May. Turned it down for obvious reasons. Moral of the story if you want to defer a year, spin a hard luck story.

Still lost my £30 though. :banghead: :banghead:

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
Nikki86 wrote:Ok I've gone for Block 9 row 2 & 4 (same seats), ridiculously close to the pitch but at least i'll be in the lower tier! :barscarf:
good choice! you can always go in block 6 if you want to stand together. always room there if you want to get involved
Well done Nikki, much better choice being on lower tier. Mikey I'm in Blk 6 row 3 next year, managed to sort out a loan for the year (prob. longer), just wanted to know if the stewards still get funny about first few rows standing, been front of blk 6 a hanfull of times before and they didn't let us have a knees up like you boys at the back!! Is this still the case? :rubchin:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

North-Bank-1987 wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
Well done Nikki, much better choice being on lower tier. Mikey I'm in Blk 6 row 3 next year, managed to sort out a loan for the year (prob. longer), just wanted to know if the stewards still get funny about first few rows standing, been front of blk 6 a hanfull of times before and they didn't let us have a knees up like you boys at the back!! Is this still the case? :rubchin:
I didn't see the stewards once tell anybody even the lower rows to sit in block 6. Mike and I are in row 20 and everybody in front and back stands.