THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
silus

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by silus »

rjw1985 wrote:The result of one game changes nothing, this is why lots of people call Arsenal fans fickle.

Here we go.... :box:
They call us fickle because they know fuck all about our club.
The fanbase is divided. When we win, akbs are all over social media...and when we lose its wobs.
So people think we are changing our minds...simple really.
I don't know any one who wants wenger gone,change their mind after one good result. But, understandably, the more shit we suffer the more people think that a change of manager is what is needed.
And until he leaves, we will be divided. For that reason alone he should announce its his last season asap.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:The result of one game changes nothing, this is why lots of people call Arsenal fans fickle.

You made a decent effort yesterday, mate, But statements like that only devalue your argument.
Who's fickle, I defended rjw1985 yesterday, today I want you to ban the *word censored* :twisted: ahh, that might be me who's fickle :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
are you a real person?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

You made a decent effort yesterday, mate, But statements like that only devalue your argument.
Who's fickle, I defended rjw1985 yesterday, today I want you to ban the *word censored* :twisted: ahh, that might be me who's fickle :lol:
:lol:

Is "fickle" a new subspecies of Ewok then? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

NO NEW CONTRACT FOR ARSENE WENGER

The next home game is Bayern Munich Tues 7th March @7.45PM,

We call on all Arsenal supporters to protest against any new contract for Arsene Wenger.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE MATCH TICKETS PLEASE JOIN THE PROTEST BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2279398 ... page_panel

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I think Wenger's dithering about whether or not he signs a new contract has led to players losing faith in him, I think it should have been decided and made public before this season started, we know which way it should have gone as well but either way all this doubt is not helping.

Looking at our remaining games, United's form and the fact that I think Chelsea, City and possibly Spurs will finish ahead of us I do think this is the season we drop out of the top 4, though does it really matter?, 7 years in a row out in the last 16 is embarrassing, we might as well have got in the EL and at least had a chance of winning something, all it is doing is keeping Wenger in a job and that slimeball Kroenke happy.

I'd like to see David Dein come out and say sorry for getting Kroenke involved and urging Arsenal fans to boycott games etc. I just don't think a lot of gooners have the balls to stand up to him, they will pay up and continue to moan a bit and sit there clapping politely while being ripped off, more fool them I say.

Arsenal is not a serious player at the top level until Kroenke and Wenger are gone, I can see us dropping down the money league as well because of our lack of ambition will lead to clubs like Chelsea, Spurs and Atletico Mardid probably overtaking us in the long run. Boring boring Arsenal has never been more apt.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Maybe it's my ewok name :rubchin:

From now on your ewok name is fuckle :barscarf: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:I think Wenger's dithering about whether or not he signs a new contract has led to players losing faith in him, I think it should have been decided and made public before this season started, we know which way it should have gone as well but either way all this doubt is not helping.

Looking at our remaining games, United's form and the fact that I think Chelsea, City and possibly Spurs will finish ahead of us I do think this is the season we drop out of the top 4, though does it really matter?, 7 years in a row out in the last 16 is embarrassing, we might as well have got in the EL and at least had a chance of winning something, all it is doing is keeping Wenger in a job and that slimeball Kroenke happy.

I'd like to see David Dein come out and say sorry for getting Kroenke involved and urging Arsenal fans to boycott games etc. I just don't think a lot of gooners have the balls to stand up to him, they will pay up and continue to moan a bit and sit there clapping politely while being ripped off, more fool them I say.

Arsenal is not a serious player at the top level until Kroenke and Wenger are gone, I can see us dropping down the money league as well because of our lack of ambition will lead to clubs like Chelsea, Spurs and Atletico Mardid probably overtaking us in the long run. Boring boring Arsenal has never been more apt.
We are not boring mate...EVERY single game is a white knuckle ride through the elite and the dregs of world football. All ended badly, but all in different comical displays.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I despise Wenger, but talk of him leaving, is just reactionary, and little else. This is a guy who survived going 9 years without a trophy, and not coming near winning the title in the same period. His European record is a joke, and in the decade since reaching the CL final, we have been knocked out at the last 16 stage, 7 out of 10 years. None of this has made a difference to Wenger's position at the club. We all know that unless Wenger walks away, there is zero chance of him leaving. Does anyone think, Wenger actually thinks he is doing a bad job? He mentions his VT'S as though they are CL winners medals, and has zero self awareness when it comes to the horrendous job, he is doing.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

rodders999 wrote:

Morning Ty :barscarf:
"We lost 5-1, so your telling me, we got an away goal", Ty logic :)

augie

Post by augie »

Fcuk off :twisted:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Maybe it's my ewok name :rubchin:

From now on your ewok name is fuckle :barscarf: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I like! Interestingly, my Native American name (or "Indian" for all you 1970's racists :wink: ) is "Him Drags Penis Through Grass".

REB's is "Him Drags Penis Through Goats".

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Main article on the BBC website this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38991573

Decision on Wenger's future to be made at the end of the season - a new contract remains on the table.

Isn't this what the crafty, parasitic bastard always does? Put out a message via a friendly media that everything needs to wait until the end of the season, once any chance of protest has gone away. He knows full well that once the last match is played, we all schlep off home and there is no possibility of any dissent against him.

I'm starting to despise Arsenal. :banghead:
Add to that waiting for the season ticket renewal deadline too pass. They would want that sorted first. :censored: :censored:

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

augie wrote:

Eloquent as ever I see!

Was that aimed at me, Wenger or both?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rjw1985 wrote:
augie wrote:

Eloquent as ever I see!

Was that aimed at me, Wenger or both?
:rubchin:

:lol: :wink: