THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by bergkamp10 »

TeeCee wrote:You'll now see lots of comments from the board/Wonga about Sanchez/Ozil. They will manipulate the media to make Sanchez and Ozil look like they are holding Arsenal to ransom over new contracts (which they are to a point) but I believe Arsenal want them to go, let me explain. There is a good chance we will not make CL qualification this year. That's a minimum £40m loss guaranteed, more if we made it to the 'last 16 get knockedout round' as usual. Wonga already came out a few years back and told him Kranky wants a profit delivered each season, can't remember the exact figure. The only way for Arsenal to make up for the loss of 40m+ is to sell but they can't afford to just announce they are selling one of or both of our best players, it will affect ST/Box sales, so they will make it look like Sanchez and Ozil really want to go but the reality is, they are going to be sold anyway imo. Sanchez should bring in around 65m and Ozil maybe around 40m, so that will cover all losses, a bit of profit on top plus give Wonga 20-30m to buy another load of shit like Xhaka to 'appease' the fans. Seriously, I think they will let both go because Arsenal are a selling club and profit is what matters most but they will never ever admit it (and can't because that would be the end)!!! :banghead:
TeeCee great post!1 You are 100% correct. My father and I were saying exactly the same thing, the club will hoodlink the fans/media.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

TeeCee wrote:You'll now see lots of comments from the board/Wonga about Sanchez/Ozil. They will manipulate the media to make Sanchez and Ozil look like they are holding Arsenal to ransom over new contracts (which they are to a point) but I believe Arsenal want them to go, let me explain. There is a good chance we will not make CL qualification this year. That's a minimum £40m loss guaranteed, more if we made it to the 'last 16 get knockedout round' as usual. Wonga already came out a few years back and told him Kranky wants a profit delivered each season, can't remember the exact figure. The only way for Arsenal to make up for the loss of 40m+ is to sell but they can't afford to just announce they are selling one of or both of our best players, it will affect ST/Box sales, so they will make it look like Sanchez and Ozil really want to go but the reality is, they are going to be sold anyway imo. Sanchez should bring in around 65m and Ozil maybe around 40m, so that will cover all losses, a bit of profit on top plus give Wonga 20-30m to buy another load of shit like Xhaka to 'appease' the fans. Seriously, I think they will let both go because Arsenal are a selling club and profit is what matters most but they will never ever admit it (and can't because that would be the end)!!! :banghead:
It's really difficult to say what the real problem is. It could also be a smokescreen because neither want to renew with Arsenal. We can definitely afford to sign both for wages that they want and it would probably be cheaper than actually going and buying another player with wages, transfer fees and agent fees. Even younger upstart players cost around this much with the premium put on players for English clubs. After all of this you could be looking at a price tag north of £60-70 million. A 3 year contract to an existing player would be an awful lot less. To put in in perspective - a 500k per week salary is 26 million a season (I doubt that either are asking for this). Multiple that for a few years and it might approach what a replacement would cost.

The sad bit for me is that it really spells that both will likely be sold in the summer and probably that Wenger is signing on. I gave up going to the Emirates a couple of seasons ago and this year I have watched as little Arsenal as I can remember. If Wenger does sign on again and we lose our class players (which looks to be a distinct possibility), I will probably give up altogether. The whole point of sport is competing to be the best and we haven't done this for a very long time.

That is the thing that is the most perplexing. Surely they must see that losing star players and keeping a past-it manager is hurting your brand and your investment.

Clash

Post by Clash »

begeegs wrote:
The sad bit for me is that it really spells that both will likely be sold in the summer and probably that Wenger is signing on. I gave up going to the Emirates a couple of seasons ago and this year I have watched as little Arsenal as I can remember. If Wenger does sign on again and we lose our class players (which looks to be a distinct possibility), I will probably give up altogether. The whole point of sport is competing to be the best and we haven't done this for a very long time.

That is the thing that is the most perplexing. Surely they must see that losing star players and keeping a past-it manager is hurting your brand and your investment.
If both are sold I can definitely see Wenger using their departure as a reason to stay. As outrageous as that sounds ( and even though the reason they'd be leaving is because of Wenger and his mis-mamagement ) it will be spun that losing two key players and the manager at the same time would be too much of a risk :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! Wenger is a sneaky cun.t - He's got us by the bollocks whichever way things happen - Even so it doesn't mean we can't fight back and make him squirm at every opportunity - The cun.t deserves it for his utter betrayal of all that he once stood for and claimed to love.

fuc.k him.

#ONE JACQUI OATLEY! :barscarf: THERE'S ONLY ONE JACQUI OATLEY! ONE JACQUI OATLEY! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

#WENGER OUT

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

ARSENAL could miss out on Masimiliano Allegri their number one target to replace Arsene Wenger after Barcelona entered the race for the Juventus boss.

Wenger will not leave easily or willingly.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That Americancunt who used to be the head of the Gun Lobby or whatever in America - I remember seeing news footage of him saying 'From my cold dead hand' implying that, that was the only way he would give up his weapon/s - And it's the same with wenger he is clinging on with everything he's got to that £9.3million + Bonusues Contract (Not £8.9 mill) and I can imagine him mumbling in his sleep with regards that contrct/money - 'From my Cold Dead Hand'. The C.U.N.T.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:ARSENAL could miss out on Masimiliano Allegri their number one target to replace Arsene Wenger after Barcelona entered the race for the Juventus boss.

What we also have to realise is that Wenger has his hands on all the strings of all things that are Arsenal, so HE will choose who comes in after him - And being the dumbfuck arrogant despoticunt that he is - will definitely go against anyone that the fans or media would want or champion to succeed the cun.t.

we are fuck ed ed ed :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:ARSENAL could miss out on Masimiliano Allegri their number one target to replace Arsene Wenger after Barcelona entered the race for the Juventus boss.

What we also have to realise is that Wenger has his hands on all the strings of all things that are Arsenal, so HE will choose who comes in after him - And being the dumbfuck arrogant despoticunt that he is - will definitely go against anyone that the fans or media would want or champion to succeed the cun.t.

we are fuck ed ed ed :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
think you are right....he must go sometime he is now 67 how long can this nightmare last?
Still think he has Ferguson record in his crazy mind

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What gets me, is when the club complain about how the extra money from increased tv revenue is causing players wages to rise. It just shows the mindset of the club. The new premier league deal ensured all clubs a windfall, and our executives are complaining that they need to spend the money on wages in order to keep pace with wage growth, which has been caused by other clubs increasing wages. Man United break new ground with Pogba in an effort to win, and it sets the tone for a new era in players wages. In response, our board complain that they will have to spend the money - no doubt pissed it will skip their hands.

Who the fuk do they think they are? Why are they always complaining about price, and cost, when they get more match day revenue than any other club. They charge the highest ticket prices in world football, yet complain about the exorbitant costs in player salaries. The club have no problem shafting their revenue base, but complain when they need to fund the very thing that brings match day fans to the emirates to begin with (the team).

They charge the highest ticket prices, but put as little as possible into the team. This is price gauging - when business try to claw at the profit margins. They want to extract as much as possible from the consumer, but invest as little as possible into the product the consumer is paying for.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Wilson wrote:What gets me, is when the club complain about how the extra money from increased tv revenue is causing players wages to rise. It just shows the mindset of the club. The new premier league deal ensured all clubs a windfall, and our executives are complaining that they need to spend the money on wages in order to keep pace with wage growth, which has been caused by other clubs increasing wages. Man United break new ground with Pogba in an effort to win, and it sets the tone for a new era in players wages. In response, our board complain that they will have to spend the money - no doubt pissed it will skip their hands.

Who the fuk do they think they are? Why are they always complaining about price, and cost, when they get more match day revenue than any other club. They charge the highest ticket prices in world football, yet complain about the exorbitant costs in player salaries. The club have no problem shafting their revenue base, but complain when they need to fund the very thing that brings match day fans to the emirates to begin with (the team).

They charge the highest ticket prices, but put as little as possible into the team. This is price gauging - when business try to claw at the profit margins. They want to extract as much as possible from the consumer, but invest as little as possible into the product the consumer is paying for.
Good post Wilson 8) and when you think of the money le bumhole squanders on shite players and new deals for crocks it makes the blood boil.The money is and always has been there. I hate what my club has become.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I have a feeling Wenger is scared to leave as I imagine he is wary of someone coming in and doing a whole lot better than him possibly wining the league straight off and making him look a right dick,imagine the embarrassment it would cause him if that did happen,TOF really would have nowhere to hide

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:I have a feeling Wenger is scared to leave as I imagine he is wary of someone coming in and doing a whole lot better than him possibly wining the league straight off and making him look a right dick,imagine the embarrassment it would cause him if that did happen,TOF really would have nowhere to hide
By the time that happens, at the end of the season, he will have bigger problems, as he'll be in the process of getting fired from his new club.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wilson wrote:What gets me, is when the club complain about how the extra money from increased tv revenue is causing players wages to rise. It just shows the mindset of the club. The new premier league deal ensured all clubs a windfall, and our executives are complaining that they need to spend the money on wages in order to keep pace with wage growth, which has been caused by other clubs increasing wages. Man United break new ground with Pogba in an effort to win, and it sets the tone for a new era in players wages. In response, our board complain that they will have to spend the money - no doubt pissed it will skip their hands.

Indeed but then you need to ask this - why would you bother attending matches, buy merchandise etc. when the club (board) have this attitude?, this is the 'self-sustaining' policy Gazidis preached about, unfortunately we are swimming against a tide of oil money and Man Utd mega bucks from their hordes of Asian fans, along with far more ambitious owners than our own.

Can we compete under these constraints?, who knows, Simeone seems to be able to at Atletico and the wealth gap between them and Barca/RM is arguably bigger than ours to City, Chelsea, United. But then again would such an unambitious board appoint a Simeone calibre replacement?, it would take mega money, even more than what Wenger is being paid so I have my doubts.

What I do know is that I have not spent a penny on Arsenal FC since November 2015 and this will continue unless we show some intention to compete, Ivan and Stan can stick their top 4 trophy up their backsides, sadly a lot of people seem to think they have some sort of loyalty, loyalty to what exactly?, Stan? Wenger? the board?, not much is left of 'Arsenal' when you think about it. :(

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

So if Man Utd win the league cup today, they will have won two trophies since Ferguson left. Same number as Wenger has won in 13 years.

So surely all that 'be careful what you wish for, look what happened to Man Utd' argument really is dead in the water now.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xisstential wrote:
markyp wrote:I have a feeling Wenger is scared to leave as I imagine he is wary of someone coming in and doing a whole lot better than him possibly wining the league straight off and making him look a right dick,imagine the embarrassment it would cause him if that did happen,TOF really would have nowhere to hide
By the time that happens, at the end of the season, he will have bigger problems, as he'll be in the process of getting fired from his new club.
All the new boss would have to do is take the cups seriously :oops: I see that manure and jose are getting yet more silverware in the cup le bulbeye has never taken seriously :evil: gets on my tits how he turns his nose up at a cup he has never won,and that we haven't won for 24yrs *word censored* that he is