THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:Cech 10m, Debuchy 8m, Kosicleny 10m, Mustafi 35m, Monreal 8m, Sanchez 35m, Ramsey 5m, Walcott 12m, Ozil 42m, Xhaka 35m, Welveck 16m, Chambers 16m, Perez 16m, Chamberlain 10m, Cazorla 17m, Giroud 12m, Elneny 5m, Gabriel 15m, Mertesacker 8m.

Any player who cost the club over 5m and is still on the books = 325m.

Begovic 8m, Courtious 6m, Ivanovic 8m, Cahill 8m, Luiz 30m, Zouma 15m, Azperliceuta 7m, Kante 30m, Fabregas 35m, Costa 30m, Hazard 32m, Willian 30m, Matic 25m, Pedro 20m, Batshuayi 33m, Moses 8m, Cuadrado 26m.

Any player on the books who cost Chelsea over 5m = 352m.

I had to double check to make sure my Microsoft excel wasnt broken. So thats the difference in costs between out two squads - 27m pounds. Tell me if I am missing any Chelsea player, tell me if I am underselling the cost of their sqaud.

And yet, 'unlike Chelsea, Wenger is working on a budget'. Honest go do, why does no *word censored* in the media point this out? It really is a shocking failure in journalism to keep reporting on Wenger's 'budget'.

We cant fuk this french fool of soon enough. He really needs to be fuked off. I always thought our expenditure to Chelsea, United and City was much closer than people believe, however I never expected it to be so close.

If Wenger didnt have the 'works on a budget' narrative, he would be talked about in the same breadth as Steve McClaren.
Where did you get those figures? From the hyper-reliable tabloid press? :lol:
Those are the general figures. They are not exact to a point. However the deals are always leaked to the press - the fees of transfers is one of the things the press normally get right.
Firstly, Arsenal NEVER release those details to the press, so it is still just press speculation and the tabloid media are notorious for making shit up.

Secondly, you presented these figures as facts. Now you say they are "general figures"? You clearly stated there is a difference of £27m between the two squads, you base your entire argument around that. But the figures don't add up.

Even a brief bit of internet research will tell you Fabregas cost anywhere from £27m to £30m Pounds Sterling (approx €32m to €35m) and Matic anywhere from £20m to £22m Pounds Sterling (approx €23m to €25m) depending on which rag you read. So if you allow even a 2m or 3m possible swing in these estimated totals per player, the totals can change massively.

Also, as I've highlighted above, you are quoting some of those players "estimated" costs in Euros but your final differential figure is £27million in POUNDS Sterling! So not only are your figures a wild guess, your use of both Euros and Pounds Sterling throws them off further! This swing in figures could change your total by anything from 10 to 50 million or more in either direction! Or in either currency! :lol:

And then we come to wages, which are often the real issue of the "cost" of a player against the "price" of a player. We overpay our shit players but so does the chav. And your convenient use of the "Any player who cost the club over 5m and is still on the books" criteria does not take into account the fact that the chav sent out 38 players on loan at the beginning of this season, which means they are covering anywhere up to 100% of those 38 players salaries, depending on the terms of the loan deals. Talk about subjective speculation!

You sure you don't work for the Daily Mirror? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:After that Oscars mix-up, I'm praying that we'll all find out later today that it was meant to be Wenger who was sacked not Ranieri.
:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:Cech 10m, Debuchy 8m, Kosicleny 10m, Mustafi 35m, Monreal 8m, Sanchez 35m, Ramsey 5m, Walcott 12m, Ozil 42m, Xhaka 35m, Welveck 16m, Chambers 16m, Perez 16m, Chamberlain 10m, Cazorla 17m, Giroud 12m, Elneny 5m, Gabriel 15m, Mertesacker 8m.

Begovic 8m, Courtious 6m, Ivanovic 8m, Cahill 8m, Luiz 30m, Zouma 15m, Azperliceuta 7m, Kante 30m, Fabregas 35m, Costa 30m, Hazard 32m, Willian 30m, Matic 25m, Pedro 20m, Batshuayi 33m, Moses 8m, Cuadrado 26m.

I had to double check to make sure my Microsoft excel wasnt broken. So thats the difference in costs between out two squads - 27m pounds. Tell me if I am missing any Chelsea player, tell me if I am underselling the cost of their sqaud.

And yet, 'unlike Chelsea, Wenger is working on a budget'. Honest go do, why does no *word censored* in the media point this out? It really is a shocking failure in journalism to keep reporting on Wenger's 'budget'.

We cant fuk this french fool of soon enough. He really needs to be fuked off. I always thought our expenditure to Chelsea, United and City was much closer than people believe, however I never expected it to be so close.

If Wenger didnt have the 'works on a budget' narrative, he would be talked about in the same breadth as Steve McClaren.
Those are the general figures. They are not exact to a point. However the deals are always leaked to the press - the fees of transfers is one of the things the press normally get right.
Firstly, Arsenal NEVER release those details to the press, so it is still just press speculation and the tabloid media are notorious for making shit up.

Secondly, you presented these figures as facts. Now you say they are "general figures"? You clearly stated there is a difference of £27m between the two squads, you base your entire argument around that. But the figures don't add up.

Even a brief bit of internet research will tell you Fabregas cost anywhere from £27m to £30m Pounds Sterling (approx €32m to €35m) and Matic anywhere from £20m to £22m Pounds Sterling (approx €23m to €25m) depending on which rag you read. So if you allow even a 2m or 3m possible swing in these estimated totals per player, the totals can change massively.

Also, as I've highlighted above, you are quoting some of those players "estimated" costs in Euros but your final differential figure is £27million in POUNDS Sterling! So not only are your figures a wild guess, your use of both Euros and Pounds Sterling throws them off further! This swing in figures could change your total by anything from 10 to 50 million or more in either direction! Or in either currency! :lol:

And then we come to wages, which are often the real issue of the "cost" of a player against the "price" of a player. We overpay our shit players but so does the chav. And your convenient use of the "Any player who cost the club over 5m and is still on the books" criteria does not take into account the fact that the chav sent out 38 players on loan at the beginning of this season, which means they are covering anywhere up to 100% of those 38 players salaries, depending on the terms of the loan deals. Talk about subjective speculation!

Dunno about the mirror, but Wenger and Gazidis would be very proud of such utter bullshyte

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I should also clarify that I have long held the beliefs that we underperform for what we spend (particularly on wages) and I've never accepted the AKB/Wenger excuse that we had no money to bring in better players. For me, the money to some usable extent was always there, Wenger just spent it poorly on high wages for rubbish and unproven players.

But that is very different from just quoting wildly inaccurate figures from the lying media scum and presenting them as facts.

Rush

Post by Rush »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:After that Oscars mix-up, I'm praying that we'll all find out later today that it was meant to be Wenger who was sacked not Ranieri.
Epic :D :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I should also clarify that I have long held the beliefs that we underperform for what we spend (particularly on wages) and I've never accepted the AKB/Wenger excuse that we had no money to bring in better players. For me, the money to some usable extent was always there, Wenger just spent it poorly on high wages for rubbish and unproven players.

But that is very different from just quoting wildly inaccurate figures from the lying media scum and presenting them as facts.
So There! :mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

So There! :mrgreen:
:lol:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Let's not make a song and dance about all this! :wink:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Regarding the transfer fees that may or may not be accurate, I would love to see a comprehensive list of who was paid what per week over the last decade or so. As others have said, this is where money truly has been wasted. Wasn't it Bendtner who wanted his shirt number changed to 52 as it would have stated what he earnt per week (52k).

This is the problem with Wenger having free reign. A board with a real conviction to win would have questioned and more than likely vetoed half of those contracts.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Kvltman wrote:Regarding the transfer fees that may or may not be accurate, I would love to see a comprehensive list of who was paid what per week over the last decade or so. As others have said, this is where money truly has been wasted. Wasn't it Bendtner who wanted his shirt number changed to 52 as it would have stated what he earnt per week (52k).

This is the problem with Wenger having free reign. A board with a real conviction to win would have questioned and more than likely vetoed half of those contracts.
Wenger, the economic "genius", wasted so much money on long-term contracts to his vanity project players, which meant our top players weren't getting as much as they could at other clubs, whilst middling/average players were vastly overpaid.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Offside wrote:
Kvltman wrote:Regarding the transfer fees that may or may not be accurate, I would love to see a comprehensive list of who was paid what per week over the last decade or so. As others have said, this is where money truly has been wasted. Wasn't it Bendtner who wanted his shirt number changed to 52 as it would have stated what he earnt per week (52k).

Wenger, the economic "genius", wasted so much money on long-term contracts to his vanity project players, which meant our top players weren't getting as much as they could at other clubs, whilst middling/average players were vastly overpaid.
How dare you question our great leader's 'socialist' wage policy, off to the gulag with you.

Funny how these policies never seem to apply to the people(s) at the top, £9m a year doesn't sound very socialist to me..

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Just seen one of his chief love children "Mr flicky" come out in support of him on ssn :roll:
All of the team are behind him apparently..and want him to stay on..I fucking bet they do eh :roll: more years in easy street for them *word censored*
Oh and the bayern tie isn't over :oops: stranger things have happened he said :oops:
Fucking embarrassing just like le bumhole :oops:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

All that matters, is the notion Wenger is working 'on a budget' is ridiculously untrue.

This is a manager who spend 16m on players like Chambers, Perez, Gabriel and uses them passively. Giroud is on 100k a week and is on the bench most of the time. What kind of hard done by manager has a striker on 100k a week on the bench every week?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

falkirk goon wrote:Just seen one of his chief love children "Mr flicky" come out in support of him on ssn :roll:
All of the team are behind him apparently..and want him to stay on..I fucking bet they do eh :roll: more years in easy street for them *word censored*
Oh and the bayern tie isn't over :oops: stranger things have happened he said :oops:
Fucking embarrassing just like le bumhole :oops:

thats a surprise Mr Showboater on fucking easy street wants him to stay......fucking paradise, no stress no shouting, no one accountable. do what you like on the pitch.....

just try and get 4th place and all the sheep are happy..... :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Just seen this...

Wenger rejects £30m China offer to become world's best paid boss

Yeah of course he would he's not an idiot, he would be sacked in 6 months :D