THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:The guy talks about sacrifice in his latest Pravda piece. I bet all of us would be ready to "sacrifice" ourselves to be paid 9m a year. What a prick!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ke-priest-
It's becoming increasingly difficult not to loathe the man.

Beginning ?? For years I have gone so far past this point that I cant even see where that point was :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

I see that this week the head of our Youth Academy (jonker) has left to take over as manager of wolfsberg in Germany, and he also took Freddie Ljungberg with him as his assistant manager - with our youth academy now heading into another period of uncertainty which will see new coaches being brought in, it seems the perfect time to bring in a new manager of the first team as part of an overall shake up of a failing set up
I suppose there was no possibility that instead of giving wolfsberg jonker, we could instead have given them a wenker ? :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:I see that this week the head of our Youth Academy (jonker) has left to take over as manager of wolfsberg in Germany, and he also took Freddie Ljungberg with him as his assistant manager - with our youth academy now heading into another period of uncertainty which will see new coaches being brought in, it seems the perfect time to bring in a new manager of the first team as part of an overall shake up of a failing set up
I suppose there was no possibility that instead of giving wolfsberg jonker, we could instead have given them a wenker ? :rubchin:
The club has announced with so many people moving on, including Sanchez and perhaps Mezut Ozil, it would be sheer folly to let Wenger go as well, therefore we have persuaded him to sign the new deal. We, the board at Arsenal PLC, and we know best, feel Arsene is the best man to keep us treading water on the football field. But on the financial side.........

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

It's all going Pete Tong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -deal.html

"He gave the impression yesterday he does not know whether he is coming or going"

I think we can give him some help with this dilemma on Tuesday evening.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Yeah, I'd go along with the CL Final as the date.

Not purely because of the result, but some bewildering decisions that made you realise he's a fucking idiot. Leaving on Hleb and taking off Pires? Go fuck yourself.
I know...I recall someone saying how Pires had a go at him over that the following day....and hence Pires was offered only a 1 year deal - Even though the clueless crunt went on to offer the likes of lightbulb head and few other retards 2 & 3 year deals long after they were 30!

Clueless is an understatement. :evil:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:I see that this week the head of our Youth Academy (jonker) has left to take over as manager of wolfsberg in Germany, and he also took Freddie Ljungberg with him as his assistant manager - with our youth academy now heading into another period of uncertainty which will see new coaches being brought in, it seems the perfect time to bring in a new manager of the first team as part of an overall shake up of a failing set up
Our youth system has been pants for years well before Jonkers turned up, another Wenger myth that he develops young players, apart from Cole who has actually come through our youth system?, I can't think of anyone really. Bellerin, Fabregas, RvP etc. were bought in so most of their early development was at other clubs, I actually think they would have excelled regardless of Wenger as they were all star players at youth level anyway.

We are a well run club according to some, but in what way exactly?, well run because our expensive tickets means we just about turn a profit every season and get top 4 that seems to be the only way to judge us in these terms. Zzzzz. Wenger needs to go now because most fans are already at a level of boredom with him, if he sticks around his legacy is going to be well and truly ruined.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Our youth system has been pants for years well before Jonkers turned up, another Wenger myth that he develops young players, apart from Cole who has actually come through our youth system?, I can't think of anyone really. Bellerin, Fabregas, RvP etc. were bought in so most of their early development was at other clubs, I actually think they would have excelled regardless of Wenger as they were all star players at youth level anyway.

We are a well run club according to some, but in what way exactly?, well run because our expensive tickets means we just about turn a profit every season and get top 4 that seems to be the only way to judge us in these terms. Zzzzz. Wenger needs to go now because most fans are already at a level of boredom with him, if he sticks around his legacy is going to be well and truly ruined.
Oh I think that ship has well & truly sailed.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I fear he wont go till this thread gets to page 2017, then gets locked :evil:

Midz

Post by Midz »

He's still there!

shame.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Theoperator wrote:I fear he wont go till this thread gets to page 2017, then gets locked :evil:
When he finally goes I wonder what will happen to this thread :D :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gudo wrote:
Theoperator wrote:I fear he wont go till this thread gets to page 2017, then gets locked :evil:
The internet will be obsolete by then !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Gudo wrote:
The internet will be obsolete by then !
:lol: :lol:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Just had a call from a friend, who has connections with the football agent Jorge Mendez.
He has word Wenger has already agreed a deal to go to Barcelona this summer.
He has been ahead of the curve on a couple of other things. Just thought I would share this, even though I find it difficult, no impossible to believe.
The current betting odds don't suggest anything either, but at around 6's or 7's it suggests there has been some early money for Wenger.
Fingers crossed.
Remember who told you first if it is true.
Last edited by foxinthebox2001 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gudo wrote:
Somebody should print off every single page and give it to him as a going away "gift"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Just had a call from a friend, who has connections with the football agent Jorge Mendez.
He has word Wenger has already agreed a deal to go to Barcelona this summer.
He has been ahead of the curve on a couple of other things. Just thought I would share this, even though I find it difficult, no impossible to believe.
The current betting odds don't suggest anything either, but at around 6's or 7's it suggests there has been some early money for Wenger.
Fingers crossed.
Remember who told you first if it is true.
:coffeespit:

Stop. Just... stop. :roll: :wink: