THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
scotgooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by scotgooner »

I'm officially finished with this club until this fucking arsehole has gone.

Laughed harder and harder after every goal the other night.

He's made me not give a fuck and I despise him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Dont see any clubs queuing up for Wengers managerial skills....think that says it all

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

scotgooner wrote:I'm officially finished with this club until this fucking arsehole has gone.

That's exactly how I am right now and if the club think that the *word censored* should stay on then I really don't want to be associated with something that fucking blind or out of touch.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -this.html

Keown AGAIN!!

Nobody has the right to tap Wenger on the shoulder and tell him it's time to leave.

Can you believe this CRAP!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

scotgooner wrote:I'm officially finished with this club until this fucking arsehole has gone.

You know... I couldn't even laugh or get angry. I just sat there and kinda felt... nothing. Just empty. :|

Wenger has all but killed my love for the club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -this.html

Keown AGAIN!!

Nobody has the right to tap Wenger on the shoulder and tell him it's time to leave.

It's all part of the Wenker PR machine - They'll get all the gravy train riders and sycophants on board now.

FuckEm I say

Keep the Pressure ON.

#WENGER OUT!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Keown AGAIN!!

A colleague in work (we'll call him John Dozycunt) is a bit of a Manure fan (he's been to Old Toilet once :roll: ) asked me why us Gooners had turned on Wenger, hadn't he got us into the CL for 20 years running? Then he popped the classic "surely he has earned the right to decide when to leave?". :roll: :x When I explained that not only had the man had not won the title in 13 years but that his salary over that time had increased from £7million a year to £9million a year he just looked at me in surprise. He had no idea how much we pay Wenger for repeated failure. :roll:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Keown AGAIN!!

Painful reading.

The line after the bit you highlighted is a bit more worrying though.
Martin Keown wrote:I'm pretty certain he does know it. But he wants to go out as a winner, as a champion. Football is his best friend. Maybe winning the FA Cup and finishing in the top four might achieve that.
Didn't work in 2014 or 2015, and no sign of an FA Cup triumph this year.

2 more years is coming, isn't it?

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Sky News Alert: "Arsene Wenger News Conference coming up live".

Dare to dream.......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Babu wrote:

Keown AGAIN!!

Painful reading.

Martin Keown wrote:I'm pretty certain he does know it. But he wants to go out as a winner, as a champion. Football is his best friend. Maybe winning the FA Cup and finishing in the top four might achieve that.

Absolutely.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Babu wrote:

Keown AGAIN!!

Painful reading.

Sitting here laughing at that because that is exactly what it is...if I didn't laugh I would start crying.

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote:
Sitting here laughing at that because that is exactly what it is...if I didn't laugh I would start crying.
Same here. TBH I think I'm losing it...

It's pissing down with rain here, and I've just invited the missus into town for some shopping!

Anything to get my mind off that *word censored*!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Its simple, Wenger and his supporters are in denial. They hold onto this irrational belief that Wenger will get a perfect send off (winning the league or CL). As if its written in the stars. They are not prepared to admit to themselves, that the fairy tale ending is not happening. They want to believe Wenger will get it right and go out in a manner they see as fitting. But this isn't a Disney film. This is the real world.

I just dont understand what they foresee over the next two years should Wenger stay. It would be even worse given we wont have Sanchez and Ozil. Why go through this again? Lets see Arsene stays and we draw Bayern Munich/Barcelona in the first leg again. Does anyone really believe its possible to avoid a 4-1 (minimum) defeat away from home? And thats even in the case we make the CL. Can we also go the season without defensive horror shows and the annual capitulation that hacks away our season inside a month? I just cannot fathom the rational for Wenger staying.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

“I won’t be at Arsenal next season,” said Arsene Wenger in his press conference. “I need to rest. I would like to thank the club for the confidence they have shown in me. It’s been 21 unforgettable years. It’s a very difficult decision for me, one I’ve thought about a lot, but I think I need to be true to myself and fair to my way of thinking.
Come on, Arsene, do an Enrique and just say these words! :barscarf:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Wilson wrote: But this isn't a Disney film. This is the real world.
But look at Leicester City, Miracles do happen!

I can see it, you can see it, but...

Looking at it another way...if the Leicester City Miracle didn't happen, we would have won the League last year!

I certainly don't know what "the real world" is anymore.
FFS, Trump is President!

AND I've got to go shopping now!
Mrs. Babu is getting ready as I type.