THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Press conference live

"Is there a sickness bug in the camp?"

Yes, it's called Wengeritus.

"The fans' protest didn't reallly happen in the week, did it....only one or two hundred turned up"....

"I live in my daily work with my complete commitment."

"Will the opinion of the fans have any influence on you when you announce your decision about your future".

"Yes".

"Have you made that decision already?"

"No, I am just focusing on the next game">

Well there you have it.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Wenger on the protest
'It is difficult for me to judge. I worked very hard for 20 years to make the fans happy.'
He admits you have to accept different opinions.
Wenger admits that the protests will have an impact on the decision he makes over his future. 'It will not be the most important factor'.
Not the most important, but since they are a factor, bring them OOOON!
He said Arsenal failed in the first game but produced their expected performance in the home leg.
Because losing 5-1 is so much better than 1-5... how is this "expected performance" and so, what are his expectations?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

p206ab wrote:
“I won’t be at Arsenal next season,” said Arsene Wenger in his press conference. “I need to rest. I would like to thank the club for the confidence they have shown in me. It’s been 21 unforgettable years. It’s a very difficult decision for me, one I’ve thought about a lot, but I think I need to be true to myself and fair to my way of thinking.
Come on, Arsene, do an Enrique and just say these words! :barscarf:
I should ban you for life for getting my fucking hopes up there, mate!! :lol: :wink:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I should ban you for life for getting my fucking hopes up there, mate!! :lol: :wink:
Sorry, realised that as soon as I posted it :)
He starts enthusing about Kylian Mbappe in French, comparing him to Thierry Henry..
Mbappe will be the new Alexis! :barscarf: :banghead: :banghead: French, Monaco, new Henry.. checks all boxes. But that will "kill" the postman :shock:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

"Last night, it showed the importance of two main factors - the referee and big players."

He's blaming the referees for losing 10-2 on aggregate.

He is fucking off his chops.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rodders999 wrote:If love to know what percentage of the club's heaviest defeats have occurred under shit for brains?

So many 4s, 5s, 6s and even a fucking 8 down through the years. An absolute disgrace.
Just saw the answer to my own question on SSN - 10 times in the last 9 years, we've lost by 4 goals or more. Is there ANY big club in Europe with stats as shit as those?

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

"I have made the best decision for this club and I will continue to do that."

Does this mean the fraud is staying??? I hope it fucking doesn't!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JimmyAFC wrote:"I have made the best decision for this club and I will continue to do that."

Does this mean the fraud is staying??? I hope it fucking doesn't!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh he is staying, mate. The future truly is fucking grim. :(

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

DB10GOONER wrote:
JimmyAFC wrote:"I have made the best decision for this club and I will continue to do that."

Oh he is staying, mate. The future truly is fucking grim. :(
I won't be watching for two years if the *word censored* stays. I will not watch football. I can not handle another two fucking years of the bloke!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Seriously. How fucking unbelievable is it he decides his own future? Beyond comprehension

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

EVERYTHING is ALWAYS ALL about him. And like a true sociopath he disguises it to appear it's all self sacrificing. He's not doing any of this for himself, it's all for the club, the club comes first. So he has decided the best thing for the club is Himself...what the fans think is irrelevant, they are not qualified to make such an important decision, the club MUST come first...and the club needs him. He is the best thing for the club.

Lying,arrogant Prick!!

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

JimmyAFC wrote:"Last night, it showed the importance of two main factors - the referee and big players."

He's blaming the referees for losing 10-2 on aggregate.

He is fucking off his chops.
I believe this question reffered to Barca game and two penalties later on in the game.. but he did blame the red card for turning our 2nd leg around as well yes :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The man is a total fucking vagina. Just fuck off.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I got all excited when he said he would consider the option of the fans when making his decision but then, just as expected, he had to add that it was not the most important thing, that's right Arsene, they are only the silly mugs who pay your obscene wage, you just never know when to stfu do you?.

:banghead:

It has got to the point now where like other I just feel nothing, in a way it will be quite amusing to see him screw up the next 2 years and then even his most loyal disciples might just turn on him. I wouldn't wish for this of course but I just cannot be arsed to get angry anymore, what is the point?, it doesn't change anything, ultimately I am not putting any of my money in Wenger or Kroenke's pocket, my concience is clear!.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

sk-gtfo wrote:I got all excited when he said he would consider the option of the fans when making his decision but then, just as expected, he had to add that it was not the most important thing, that's right Arsene, they are only the silly mugs who pay your obscene wage, you just never know when to stfu do you?.

It has got to the point now where like other I just feel nothing, in a way it will be quite amusing to see him screw up the next 2 years and then even his most loyal disciples might just turn on him. I wouldn't wish for this of course but I just cannot be arsed to get angry anymore, what is the point?, it doesn't change anything, ultimately I am not putting any of my money in Wenger or Kroenke's pocket, my concience is clear!.
Good post mate.

Did you hear his other gem of a quote he came up with in his presser?

"I love this club, I'm loyal to this club and I think I make the right decisions for this club."

If I hear him sprout that loyalty bullshit once more I think I might throw up. It's easy to be loyal you arrogant egotistical c*** of a man when you're on 8 million pounds a year WITH NO PRESSURE FROM YOUR MANAGER!!!!

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

sk-gtfo wrote:I got all excited when he said he would consider the option of the fans when making his decision but then, just as expected, he had to add that it was not the most important thing, that's right Arsene, they are only the silly mugs who pay your obscene wage, you just never know when to stfu do you?.

Well fuck me, his majesty, our lord and saviour Wenger will step off his throne for a second and 'consider' our opinions.

I've never heard a more patronising, self-satisfied :censored:

Please just fuck off (Wenger, not you mate ;)) and take your Yank and Gobshite-Gazidis with you