THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dodgyknee71

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Page 4024 ...

Has he gone yet :|

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

rodders999 wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote: Couldn't help but flick through your Photobucket pics mate ( :oops: )... not sure Nat will be too happy with your obvious preference of blondes :D 8)
Didn't realise you could do that :shock:

Phew..... just checked my settings and the dick pic album is private :wink:

Blondes are indeed my preference but Nat's bangers transcend colour :lol:

A lot of those pics are of Millie Clode who was my original SSN presenter crush, I thought she'd never be topped but then along came our Nat and caused irreparable damage to my pecker 8)
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

blair207

Post by blair207 »

markyp wrote:had a 'what the fuck' moment yesterday,saw a clip from I think 5 live might have been talk sport anyways Wenger was the topic and the presenter said something like is there really anybody who could actually do a better job than wenger!!!!???? I mean you telling me theres no manager out there that wouldnt have gotten beaten 10-2 by Bayern? really?REALLY???? its beyond sad that people still think like this,they need help
Someone said the same thing to me tonight. The problem is it's partly true as the team is so chock full of bottlers. However I pointed out that Wenger has had what is an almost geological time span in football terms to create a squad so flimsy and weak that it capitulates the moment there is any pressure. However football journos and presenters should know better. Wenger has had such an easy ride from the media it's unreal.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

blair207 wrote:
markyp wrote:had a 'what the fuck' moment yesterday,saw a clip from I think 5 live might have been talk sport anyways Wenger was the topic and the presenter said something like is there really anybody who could actually do a better job than wenger!!!!???? I mean you telling me theres no manager out there that wouldnt have gotten beaten 10-2 by Bayern? really?REALLY???? its beyond sad that people still think like this,they need help
Someone said the same thing to me tonight. The problem is it's partly true as the team is so chock full of bottlers. However I pointed out that Wenger has had what is an almost geological time span in football terms to create a squad so flimsy and weak that it capitulates the moment there is any pressure. However football journos and presenters should know better. Wenger has had such an easy ride from the media it's unreal.
I hope you pointed out that the squad is full of bottlers because Wenger bought each and every one of them :lol:

I had a similar row with my mother in law's neighbour yesterday. He did the whole "Who could replace him? Who else could've kept us in the CL for so long?" routine.

He's a nice bloke but I gave him both barrels and told him I'd helped organise the protests. He liked that :lol:

My mother in law looked less than impressed which added to the occasion.

Blade

Post by Blade »

4th place
Q/F League cup
S/F FA cup
R16 ECL

For 3 million Pulis,Howe,Rodgers can achieve this KPI.

save 5.5 mil should let Silent Stan know this.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

I keep saying Wenger is not right in the head....more evidence...

Cryptically, Wenger revealed he has formulated a way to decide when he should quit, but would not reveal exact details.

“I made an equation about a manager’s job because I am a mathematical fan that I will give you one day,” he said.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:I keep saying Wenger is not right in the head....more evidence...

Cryptically, Wenger revealed he has formulated a way to decide when he should quit, but would not reveal exact details.

“I made an equation about a manager’s job because I am a mathematical fan that I will give you one day,” he said.

Daily Express now have the formula.....Reading phonetically off the chalkboard: "The sum of no route to PL title plus dealt a Euro drubbing plus squad divided by rows plus board caving to the power of fans EQUALS sign that times are all over for Wenger."

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:I keep saying Wenger is not right in the head....more evidence...

I think I solved this...

X+Y=same amount of years that Fergie did :barscarf: :barscarf:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

The Mail coming up with the classic story of PSG could attempt to lure Wenger.

Remember the times when Real supposedly wanted him to replace JM? Now we've come to "could attempt" at PSG, which was a certain option every time he had to extend the contract...

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Clash wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:If love to know what percentage of the club's heaviest defeats have occurred under shit for brains?

So many 4s, 5s, 6s and even a fucking 8 down through the years. An absolute disgrace.
Just saw the answer to my own question on SSN - 10 times in the last 9 years, we've lost by 4 goals or more. Is there ANY big club in Europe with stats as shit as those?

I think you will find that that these are all one-offs.

All accidents and all due to special circumstances.

:banghead:
Add in 2up at Wigan late doors n got pumped 3-2
4-0 up at toon then 4-4
3-0 up v anderlecht 3-3
4-2 up v scum in added time then 4-4
2up v scum pumped 3-2
6-3 at citeh

Shameful stuff for a supposed big club :(
Even games were we got out of jail like the 5-4 win against the scum arent acceptable, its Sunday league :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Clash wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:If love to know what percentage of the club's heaviest defeats have occurred under shit for brains?

So many 4s, 5s, 6s and even a fucking 8 down through the years. An absolute disgrace.
Just saw the answer to my own question on SSN - 10 times in the last 9 years, we've lost by 4 goals or more. Is there ANY big club in Europe with stats as shit as those?

I think you will find that that these are all one-offs.

All accidents and all due to special circumstances.

:banghead:
Add in 2up at Wigan late doors n got pumped 3-2
4-0 up at toon then 4-4
3-0 up v anderlecht 3-3
4-2 up v scum in added time then 4-4
2up v scum pumped 3-2
6-3 at citeh

Shameful stuff for a supposed big club :(
Even games were we got out of jail like the 5-4 win against the scum arent acceptable, its Sunday league :banghead:

That pic, along with the one below, the 10 to 2 clock one and one other with a MASSIVE Wenger out along the top should go on a billboard

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Good guests on the Arsecast today - James Olley and a guy who I don't know who he is - Clive Palmer. Palmer goes on to talk about how if you are a young player or even one who is established, would you come to Arsenal? Would you come to a club which is in disarray, been shelled by Bayern (again), and doesn't challenge for big trophies? Also, why does Wenger give contract extensions out to players who don't deserve it while ignoring players that should be retained (Oxlade)? It's worth a listen.

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
I still do not get why even some of Wenger's fiercest critics still feel they need to say ''thanks for the memories''

Look at that fucking list !

Those games are just as much a part of the memories Wenger has given us :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger says he makes up a lot of mathematical formulas to prove certain objectives....another is the 70th min substitution....think he worked out mathematically this is the optimum time to substitute players.....

What a crazy fuck he really is......

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:Wenger says he makes up a lot of mathematical formulas to prove certain objectives....another is the 70th min substitution....think he worked out mathematically this is the optimum time to substitute players.....

What a crazy fuck he really is......
And if one of his crackpot theories doesn't work he sticks with it anyway. He thought of it...it HAS to work,it must be right...... despite all evidence to the contary...... because he thought of it.