THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by markyp »

so where is Wengers new bar of success resting at??is it being a Europa league team? is it finishing in the top half of the table,WTF!!!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Wally has been sacked (no, not our one!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39949621

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
So basically he hasn't put any money in, he has taken a small amount out and he has backed an incompetent manager many years past his sell by date, yet some people think he isn't a problem?.

We are doomed..

:banghead:
He should have sacked him, and should have sacked him years ago in my opinion, but that wasn't the point I was making and you know that - you said that allegri would come here if we had an owner with ambition and you stated that don't have such an owner, and I ask you again, apart from not sacking the c.unt, what action or inaction has suggested a lack of ambition ?
Has he given the manager ample transfer funds ? Yes he has
Has he given his manager free reign as to buying and selling players ? Yes he has
Has he given the manager the power to appoint his own coaches around him ? Yes he has
Basically he has allowed wenker free reign to build a team and squad fit to make this club successful again, and of course the senile outdated c.unt has been unable to do so - all that kroenke can be correctly blamed for is an unwillingness to wield the axe
augie I admire your persistance. :lol:
Surprised you haven't been accused of being a Kroenke lover. :roll:

It's been explained a thousand times why Wengers at fault. Yes of course he should be sacked by the board. (Wengers a de-facto board member btw) :lol:
He also should be hounded out by fans. There's still thousands who back him though.....

silus

Post by silus »

markyp wrote:so where is Wengers new bar of success resting at??is it being a Europa league team? is it finishing in the top half of the table,WTF!!!
He's already said it this season.. "people should remember we're not fighting relegation".

There you go, 2 more years of succesfully not fighting relegation....cant wait :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
armchair wrote:
Nos89 wrote: |The third reason is that the supporters that want him out the most can't afford to go to matches as they've been priced out, therefore attending a protest on a match day is not feasible.
Not true. All of the protests organised by the "No New Contract" group were outside the ground as far as I'm aware.
Many people went to protests and didn't go to games.

Just another made up nonsense excuse to do nothing.
You can't just dismiss that as not true.
For many people the cost of getting to the ground is as much as the ticket price. Some people can't afford to just go to the ground purely to protest. If you can only afford to attend 3 or 4 games a year you're hardly going to spend some of that money just to go to a protest. Doing so would mean you probably have to miss a game another time. Money is a finite resource. Some can afford it and no doubt do so but you can't assume that everyone can.
I would rather miss the game to protest than the other way around. But I understand not everybody feels that way....I'm at a stage now where I just think...whatever it takes...And the only time I would be interested in actually going back into the ground would be to protest.

Not everybody feels like that and that's fine, I've realized that. What I don't like hearing is a whole lot of BS excuses and using those who want to protest as a reason for not wanting to protest yourselves as they "put you off". We are all sort of on the same side, I just think there are varying levels, if we got top 4 and won the FA cup for example, a lot of people on here would be willing to give him another 2 years. if you don't want to protest then don't, there are other ways we can get our message across without having to recruit bodies. It's counter productive arguing about it....if everybody on here was involved in deciding the way forward we wouldn't have done ANYTHING yet as there are so many differing opinions.

Onward & upward...WENGER OUT!!
Back in the day me and mate of mine protested against Graham's sacking at the Notts Forest game, so not making excuses. In fact if I lived closer I'd have attended one of the protests. One of the many reasons behind the disillusionment of Arsenal supporters is that we are the most expensive club to watch and we are not getting value for money from the team.

markyp

Post by markyp »

silus wrote:
markyp wrote:so where is Wengers new bar of success resting at??is it being a Europa league team? is it finishing in the top half of the table,WTF!!!
He's already said it this season.. "people should remember we're not fighting relegation".

There you go, 2 more years of succesfully not fighting relegation....cant wait :barscarf:
that's fkin epic!!! the bayerns and Reals of this world must be shitting themselves ,next stop the championship then league one!!!

markyp

Post by markyp »

I have to admit that im with augie on this, Kreonke has done nothing wrong at all,he hasn't bled us dry,hes given us plenty of money to compete and win a title or three,its wengers imcompetance that is our failing not Kreonkes lack of interest .in a way Kreonke could actually be a perfect owner,someone that never meddles in team affairs or even club affairs,with a world class manager it would be a dream partnership,the exact opposite of Abramovich which if im not mistaken one of the arguments here over the years is what a krunt he is and how we wouldn't ever want an owner like him?? well we have the polar opposite but that isn't right either,yes an owner with on pitch ambition would be great but to suggest Kreonke is the problem is crazy,he has backed us to the hilt and continues to let the profits be spent on players which wenger then goes and fucks up on shite,it has to be wenger out he is the 99.9% the problem here

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:Just read an article in the Standard, apparently since the beginning of the 2013-14 season, our designated club captain has started just 13 Premier League games. :shock: :shock:
Aaaah! Yes, but it was "Speshul Circumstances". :? :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Like it/him or not he speaks much Truth.
phpBB [video]

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:Like it/him or not he speaks much Truth.
phpBB [video]
He talks about doing banners on pre-season tour but has done precious little for the cause in the last month.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
phpBB [video]
He talks about doing banners on pre-season tour but has done precious little for the cause in the last month.
But like your good self & Armchair he did do Banners at a time when it was Dangerous . (Because of the sheepleAKB Cuntts.)

But I take your point.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39947732

Apparently Wenger has made a n offer for him!

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

There's an article on the Sunonline site highlighting AW's hypocrisy regarding CL qualification; how he used to say it was crucial for attracting players, but now he says it's not important.

I much prefer it when jornos are sensible enough to address the reasons why supporters are unhappy rather than just that we're unhappy.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

silus wrote:

This is where anyone with a mere hint of respect to fans should not belittle them with sarcastic one liners, you do not win friends and influence people...
Supporters thought he was funny, who is laughing now?.... :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
phpBB [video]

Did he not say exactly that....

He would not be bringing out the banners...and would just see how the team get on till end of season?

seems to be he has been champion of Wenger out?