THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I hope Usmanov does buy the club, but a total of 2 billion seems VERY, VERY low.

The shitty LA Clippers NBA team was sold for 2 billion and they are not nearly the global brand that Arsenal is, nor do they have their own stadium.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Imagine he came in, bought Stan out and threw wads of cash at Wenger to spend on transfers....?
From everything hes said in the past hes a Wenger fan.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Any statto know the current valuation of the club? Easy to work out in and around what 67% of it might be worth then.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

armchair wrote:Imagine he came in, bought Stan out and threw wads of cash at Wenger to spend on transfers....?
Shit for brains said he'd hand the cash back if that ever happened so no fear of that :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

When Kroenke became majority shareholder in 2011 he made no attempt to get rid of Wenger who, at that time hadn't won a trophy for 6yrs since the FA Cup in 2005.
Now 6yrs later apparantely Usmanov may become majority shareholder and do exactly the same thing. Nothing. I'd say we probably have a better chance of getting rid of Wenger under the current regime especially as there is something going on behind the scenes with Gazidis.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Thank Ja Ja Binks!!!....I'm so glad our voice is being heard and that arsenal club management is not totally full of perfumed pussies!!!. Come on Usmanov! buy Arsenal by any means necessary!!! get the weaklings Stan and his Son out of arsenal. then do the logical thing.
1) Wenger statue reguarless of FA result
2) Thank him for the time. offical going away ceromony
3) get ayoung or experienced interim or othewise wise tactically brilliant manager for the club, sporting director etc....
COYG!!!!! THANK GOD!!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

armchair wrote:Imagine he came in, bought Stan out and threw wads of cash at Wenger to spend on transfers....?
Wenger wouldn't stick around if Usmanov came in.

Usmanov is the complete opposite of Kroenke - a short-sighted loudmouth who willl have his greasy hands over everything. He would impinge on Wenger's freedom to run the entire club as per the Gospel of Arsene, and despite what he has said about Wenger in the past would turn on him without a second thought if he thought that was what the fans wanted.

armchair

Post by armchair »

northbank123 wrote:

Usmanov is the complete opposite of Kroenke - a short-sighted loudmouth who willl have his greasy hands over everything. He would impinge on Wenger's freedom to run the entire club as per the Gospel of Arsene, and despite what he has said about Wenger in the past would turn on him without a second thought if he thought that was what the fans wanted.
I dont know about that. We can only go by everything hes said in the recent past that hes a Wenger fan.
Id be very worried Wenger would see this as a new begining. A fresh start.

And Usmanov may try to get a lot of fans onside by lobbing big money at Wenger. Remember this is Arsene Wenger were talking about here. Never forget what an insidious, lying, self-serving, hateful bastard this man is. Hed do anything, especially under new owners to stay milking the club.

Remember:- he absolutely took advantage of the last time the club was bought. He grabbed the opportunity to put himself in the position where he was untouchable. Where he was needed to "steady the ship through difficult waters" The slimy fucker will see this as an opportunity. Mark my words.

What do you base the opinion that hed sack Wenger or "Wenger wouldnt stick around"?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

armchair wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

I dont know about that. We can only go by everything hes said in the recent past that hes a Wenger fan.
Id be very worried Wenger would see this as a new begining. A fresh start.

And Usmanov may try to get a lot of fans onside by lobbing big money at Wenger. Remember this is Arsene Wenger were talking about here. Never forget what an insidious, lying, self-serving, hateful bastard this man is. Hed do anything, especially under new owners to stay milking the club.

Remember:- he absolutely took advantage of the last time the club was bought. He grabbed the opportunity to put himself in the position where he was untouchable. Where he was needed to "steady the ship through difficult waters" The slimy fucker will see this as an opportunity. Mark my words.

What do you base the opinion that hed sack Wenger or "Wenger wouldnt stick around"?
Because Usmanov would poke his nose in and run his mouth off at every opportunity which Wenger would absolutely hate, and whilst he might well give Wenger a wad of cash to spend he wouldn't be too happy if the return on that was chucking 100m away on th likes of Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez, finishing 12+ points off the title and suggesting that this represents some form of success.

Usmanov would be exactly the sort of owner who chucks money about, demands short-term success and who Wenger absolutely loathes. If Kroenke agreed to sell up tomorrow, Wenger would realise his cushy ride was over and look elsewhere i would bet. If he didn't, Usmanov would give him a big bag of cash and plenty of support but turn on him if that didn't transform into results pretty damn quickly.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Really cant say what Usmanov would do after buying Kroenke out. Its purely speculation.

Im going by what has happened involving Wenger and Arsenal takeovers in the past. And Wenger totally took advantage of a difficult period for his own ends. Id be very worried that we are now closer than we've ever been to getting him out and this bid may scupper it.

I just hope Im wrong......

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

rodders999 wrote:Any statto know the current valuation of the club? Easy to work out in and around what 67% of it might be worth then.
roughly £1.1 billion

silus

Post by silus »

So next season could be...
New owner+New manager (please god)
New owner+Same manager (i'd take that, he wouldnt last last long under Usmanov)
Same owner+ New manager (I'd be happy, but sceptical)
Same owner+Same manager (life couldn't be that cruel....could it?....it fucking will be won't it!!!)

One things for sure....its a fucking shambles and the club have shown even less respect for the fans than usual, by not letting us know what's happening......and that's hard to do in itself.

Someone make some fucking decisions and LET US KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Bob Bayliss wrote:Hot off the press - are we about to see our very own russian revolution a century after the last one?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... d-billion/

And if he does buy Kronke out, will he put an ice pick through Wenger, despite his previous cautious noises of support for him? I would have thought he will do, new broom and all that. He is not going to be committed enough to want to bid a billion without bringing in someone who can transform the club under him.

At the very least, we'll be able to look the chavs in the eye at Wembley and say that we're owned by someone who is considerably richer than yow!
I think he would keep him in position for the time being but up the demand for success

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:

yes agreed, but Kronke has no interest in Arsenal, he said not in it to win trophies....Usmanov is the opposite within a few years we would have a CL trophy in the boardroom at Arsenal.., this guy wants success

Clash

Post by Clash »

Hmmm ... I have to say I share Armchair's view.

While I am not anti-Usmanov and would much rather he was our owner than Silent Stan ... I fear he would want to work with Wenger for a year or two at least.

As someone who cannot handle another season of Wenger (even with a new owner and being made to spend), the timing of this is not great.

I see no reason to believe Usmanov would force Wenger to leave. We have no knowledge of how Usmanov runs a club. Quotes he has made in the press over the years mean nothing one way or the other.

And never under-estimate Wenger's manipulation skills or power to charm people.

I have reservations about this and I think a few people are getting carried away. Would love to be proved wrong though.