THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

We’ve wanted the media to turn on Wenger for years and when it’s finally happening you’re not happy and it’s not good enough.

We are our own worst enemies

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 am
Absolutely agree JimmyAFC - Oliver Holt is a deluded fuckwit. This quote from his column today -

"I wish I had been right about Wenger. If you love football, you love what Wenger stands for and what he has achieved. If you love football, you hate seeing his team reduced to this. I wish I had been correct when I said he would still turn things around."

It has taken these wankers 8 years to catch up with the fact that AW cannot organise a team and refuses to take the art of defending remotely seriously. Look at the date this thread was justifiably started! Do they honestly think that because they write about this shit for a living that they know more about Arsenal or football than the paying fan. The prices we pay to watch the utter bollox that AW is capable of dishing up is so frequently ignored along with the fact that a lot of us, including the club itself, were here for years before the fucking idiots who are ruining our club now. I don't think that we have a god given right to win the league or finish top four but I do expect a well organised team giving 100% to the cause at a realistic ticket price. It's fair to say we have not been getting any of those three for a while.
There are two types of 'journalist' covering the club at the moment. Pricks like this, who ***** over every non-achievement by Wenger, and have helped to prop him up. The other is the Journalists who slag him off, either in print or on social media, but lick his ass at every presser, and act like he is some sort of demi-god. The only real journalists are these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDT_4yZj7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QacTJiakZE

augie

Post by augie »

Souness has absolutely destroyed wenger in the first few minutes of the build up to the match - he told him that wenker walked into a dream job after the set up that GG left him, but he reckons that whoever moves in next will have a mess to sort out 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 am
Absolutely agree JimmyAFC - Oliver Holt is a deluded fuckwit. This quote from his column today -

"I wish I had been right about Wenger. If you love football, you love what Wenger stands for and what he has achieved. If you love football, you hate seeing his team reduced to this. I wish I had been correct when I said he would still turn things around."

It has taken these wankers 8 years to catch up with the fact that AW cannot organise a team and refuses to take the art of defending remotely seriously. Look at the date this thread was justifiably started! Do they honestly think that because they write about this shit for a living that they know more about Arsenal or football than the paying fan. The prices we pay to watch the utter bollox that AW is capable of dishing up is so frequently ignored along with the fact that a lot of us, including the club itself, were here for years before the fucking idiots who are ruining our club now. I don't think that we have a god given right to win the league or finish top four but I do expect a well organised team giving 100% to the cause at a realistic ticket price. It's fair to say we have not been getting any of those three for a while.
Absolutely, my kilt wearing buddy, we were told we were ungrateful, spoilt, “muggy” idiots, but now because it is unavoidably true for even the most ardent wengerite to see it’s ok to say that change is now necessary.

Ex players may know the game, journalists may put discussions more elequently but when it comes down to it, it’s the fans that watch their team and are the first to recognise when things are not right and have every right to voice their concerns.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Souness has absolutely destroyed wenger in the first few minutes of the build up to the match - he told him that wenker walked into a dream job after the set up that GG left him, but he reckons that whoever moves in next will have a mess to sort out 8)
See how awkward and uncomfortable Henry was about the whole subject

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 pm
augie wrote:

I wouldnt be happy if rodgers was picked to replace wenker, but I would rather him than henry - I would actually go as far to say that I wouldnt have henry anywhere near the club as things stand, and I am utterly opposed to an ex-player being installed as assistant manager cos it would be an axe hanging over whoever the new manager is

IrishJB

Re: Sign and tell all your Gunner mates

Post by IrishJB »

NickF wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 pm
IrishJB wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 am
I’m hoping someone in our Government will take an official interest - question what the hell is going on, that a Company registered in this Country can be questioned.
Are you for real? Do you not think the government have better things to do than discuss what is going on a football club?
Here we go again - this fella finds it easier to argue with another Gooner! What have you done to try and change what’s happening at Arsenal - just name something ??????????

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

Posting this again right now to try and get others to do something ! But for Gods sake STOP arguing with fellow supporters!!!!!!!! Either help the cause or stay out of this debate!!!

2 blxxdy Nil as I write, to Brighton !!

:cussing:

=====================

“I know loads of us have been feeling this way for some time, but generally speaking us Gooners do little when change needs to happen.

There’s been a few (appeals) started which haven’t really taken off, I’m hoping this one will!

Sign the Petition:

https://www.change.org/p/arsenal-suppor ... responsive

This is THE ONE guys and gals !

Sign up for a change to happen at our beloved Club. Pls Sign and RT on your Twitter, Facebook everywhere you can ....

B wishes and fingers crossed .....

JB“
Last edited by IrishJB on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickF

Post by NickF »

IrishJB wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 pm
NickF wrote:
IrishJB wrote:
I’m hoping someone in our Government will take an official interest - question what the hell is going on, that a Company registered in this Country can be questioned.
Are you for real? Do you not think the government have better things to do than discuss what is going on a football club?
Here we go again - this fella finds it easier to argue with another Gooner! What have you done to try and change what’s happening at Arsenal - just name something ??????????
I have been in the stadium with banners for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons and was at the front of the marches last year.
Look in any newspaper report (or google it) since Bayern last year, I'm the guy with the "All Good Things Must Come to An End" banner.

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

NickF wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:10 pm
IrishJB wrote:
NickF wrote:
IrishJB wrote:
I have been in the stadium with banners for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons and was at the front of the marches last year.
Look in any newspaper report (or google it) since Bayern last year, I'm the guy with the "All Good Things Must Come to An End" banner.
Great ! well blxxdy unite - stop arguing. Sure my action may not be yours and your type of action may not be mine - but it seems we both want change and are doing something . I swear there’s no other football club that has so much inner fighting it’s blxxdy crazy!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:

Verrily Tis TRUE.

Aaaah! there's another wenger excuse right there - wull errr we shud ave ad a penaltee :blah: :blah: :blah:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IrishJB wrote:
NickF wrote:
IrishJB wrote:
I know emotions are running high but Nick is the last person that could be accused of sitting idle in the campaign to get Wenker out.
He has been there, seen it, done it and got the t shirt (banner)

Sean

Post by Sean »

The Old Fraud is a total cúnt of a man, if he can even be called a man anymore. If he had any bollocks, he should have walked in 2008.

Just another 453 days left of his contract - unless he gets another one. I pray some semblance of sanity prevails and that break clause is activated by the club this summer. TOF is seemingly going into late-stage Brian Clough territory. We've had a few trophies, now it's time for the league position to utterly collapse. This miserable bastard ball-and-chain will stay here another 25 years until he is dead otherwise. I wish I could be there when he is dragged kicking and screaming from Colney.

Ancellotti seems to be a good choice to steady the ship for a few years until we can find a longer-term successor, but I'd take anyone over that French fraud.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 pm
augie wrote:

I wouldnt be happy if rodgers was picked to replace wenker, but I would rather him than henry - I would actually go as far to say that I wouldnt have henry anywhere near the club as things stand, and I am utterly opposed to an ex-player being installed as assistant manager cos it would be an axe hanging over whoever the new manager is
Sounness is the one pundit on BBC/Sky who will ruthlessly call it as it is whilst not just going on about 'the club this' or 'Arsenal that' whilst staying silent about the manager. He also appreciates what a massive club Arsenal are and doesn't buy into any of this bollocks that that's down to Wenger - today he referred to what a dream job he walked into and pointed out that three titles in 21 years is not really good enough for the likes of Arsenal. He's the only one on TV who I can stand listening to.

Henry was an unbelievable player and a great servant for us but I never want to see him in the club again. Just another player/person with nostalgia about the glory days - the way to make the club successful isn't trying to go back 15-20 years in time, it's to evolve in line with modern football. Plus he is yet another wannabe manager who isn't interested in earning his salt and putting in the graft on a training ground every day learning his trade - he is one of a long line of ex-players who is more interested in being on TV and dabbles with Belgium as a hobby.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

I dont want us to lose against Milan. But its the only way this dinosaur will walk, or hopefully be booted. I hate the fact, He has destroyed this club.