THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RobG

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by RobG »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am
Wenger will not quit so he will have to be sacked which is what Gazidis is trying to organise but he has failed miserably for the last few years,I'm not overly confident that it will happen .
A Power struggle over the would be Kings plays right into Wengers hands as Boss man Kroenke will see him as the safe option !
Could be a master stroke from the most Machiavellian Wenger !
Arsenal do not care about their supporters anymore. Wenger does not care about the supporters at all and will hang on to his job next season for sure.
Season ticket sales are good so the Kroenke won't panic. If the tickets are still selling then Wenger will stay. It's all about money and although our wage bill is 230 Million a year we don't spend big on transfers. After selling we spent 7 Million last year.

Are Season Ticket Sales Good ? Because attendances certainly aren't as I can see with my own eyes.

Are the crucial Club Level Tickets where 48% of the revenue is selling well ? Because they struggled to sell those even in the beginning. I can't imagine that they are being snapped up at £3000 a pop now. Arsenal are supposed to be looking for new kit sponsors as well as other secondary sponsors. Are they going to be keen to come on board when the stadium is a third or a half empty ? If not - then there's a big revenue hit for you.

I agree that the Kronke's are mainly concerned with money. But Wenger's days of total rule are gone. The arrival of Mislintat and Sanhelli has seen to that. He's on borrowed time from what I can see.

And I think it will run out altogether come May.

augie

Post by augie »

RobG wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:45 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am
Wenger will not quit so he will have to be sacked which is what Gazidis is trying to organise but he has failed miserably for the last few years,I'm not overly confident that it will happen .
A Power struggle over the would be Kings plays right into Wengers hands as Boss man Kroenke will see him as the safe option !
Could be a master stroke from the most Machiavellian Wenger !
Arsenal do not care about their supporters anymore. Wenger does not care about the supporters at all and will hang on to his job next season for sure.
Season ticket sales are good so the Kroenke won't panic. If the tickets are still selling then Wenger will stay. It's all about money and although our wage bill is 230 Million a year we don't spend big on transfers. After selling we spent 7 Million last year.

Are Season Ticket Sales Good ? Because attendances certainly aren't as I can see with my own eyes.

Are the crucial Club Level Tickets where 48% of the revenue is selling well ? Because they struggled to sell those even in the beginning. I can't imagine that they are being snapped up at £3000 a pop now. Arsenal are supposed to be looking for new kit sponsors as well as other secondary sponsors. Are they going to be keen to come on board when the stadium is a third or a half empty ? If not - then there's a big revenue hit for you.

I agree that the Kronke's are mainly concerned with money. But Wenger's days of total rule are gone. The arrival of Mislintat and Sanhelli has seen to that. He's on borrowed time from what I can see.

For the life of me I cannot get my head around the fact that some people see the empty seats as sold and claim that the kroenke's and board will be happy with that - it is a lazy mindset and ignores (as you correctly stated) the fact that a half empty stadium will have a MASSIVE impact on AFC as a brand, and will have a negative effect when it comes to getting sponsors on board.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

RobG wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:45 pm

I second this. Wenger will be out on his ear this year. They may be only concerned with money, but surely they can see that having a winning team increases the coffers - not having a manager who refuses to change anything ever and slowly sinking to mid-table.

With the weakened team this weekend, we will draw at best to West Ham, lose to both Madrid and Utd. Fever pitch will be reached with apathy and anger. We may even reach 8 pages on the Match threads here. :D

I do expect fans to show up for Madrid, but we will lose. We aren't going to be able to penetrate Madrid with the slow sideways passing. They will launch balls over the top for finishers like Griezmann to run onto. We will lose by 2 goals. Madrid aren't going to come here and play the idiotic way that Moscow did and even then, Moscow had more than enough chances to put more past us.

If Kroenke sees what is happening now and sticks with Le Dipshit, then he deserves all the apathy and lost revenue next year because that will become worse. Not only that, but I think that firing Wenger would be cheaper than the lost revenue from people coming to the stadium and spending money even if the seats are already paid for. From a business perspective, it makes no sense at all.

For those reasons, I believe that Wenger is toast regardless of winning Europa or not. He will not get another crack at the CL even if he wins Europa because of his mismanagement this year with contracts, empty seats, and losing football.

It's over. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kind of taking a leaf out of the "I told you so" brigade's book :roll: I said years ago that a mass boycott or even just an empty-through-apathy stadium might be the only way to drive change if it affected revenue - but tbh I've never really believed that... it was more a hope than anything... :|

But now....

Even if the seats are ST and paid for a season or two with a half empty stadium would HAVE to hurt the brand with knock on effects on the corporate seats and the sponsorship deals....

It just might actually push Kroenke to act finally. But I'd be surprised if Wenger goes this summer. He won't quit half way through a contract extension and I'd imagine sacking him would cost us an arm and a leg because his contract must be iron clad.

The only hope for me is that he'll see out the 2 years and the bald bewigged cùnt won't offer him an extension.... hopefully.... but Kroenke is such a fucktard I'm still not 100% convinced.... :|

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

He's leaving this summer!!!!!!!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/merci-arsene

Is this a hoax by arsenal or is he going?!!! :shock:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

HE REALLY IS GOING

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I thought people would be all over this thread now..... :lol:

Anyways, still a bit of a shock and hopefully he can leave with a Europa League to add to the collection!

UTA :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

My 10,000 post.....how fitting :barscarf:

markyp

HE'S GOING AT LONG LAST!!

Post by markyp »

NOT SURE IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS STARTED A THREAD BUT WENGER IS STEPPING DOWN AT THE END OF THE SEASON!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Party Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bar_b_q: :bar_b_q: :barscarf:

Andrew

Re: HE'S GOING AT LONG LAST!!

Post by Andrew »

Mr Eboue

Post by Mr Eboue »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

SANITY LIVES .

THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT. WE CAN NOW THANK HIM PROPERLY FOR ALL THE GOOD THINGS ACHIEVED. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

PUT TO THE BACK OF OUR MINDS, THE BAD. GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR THE EL. AND THE CLUB CAN OPENLY APPROACH ANCELOTTI OR LUIZ ENRIQUE ( OR JOEY BARTON :D ) FOR THE NEW VACANCY.

P H E W :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: