THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Arsene Wenger Points of View.

Post by TeeCee »

There's one sentence in that report that sums it all up perfectly and shows the true colours of Gazidis, Wenger and Arsenal football club....

""We are adaptive and, in the end, our performance against our spend is judged on the pitch every year and I think we have got an excellent record.”"

We do well for spending fuck all. Thanks Ivan, please do one and take our lying manager with you!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"We are adaptive and, in the end, our performance against our spend is judged on the pitch every year and I think we have got an excellent record."

:rubchin:

Failure. The new success.

:banghead: :roll:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fourth. The new First.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsene Wenger's magic!
He wears a magic hat!
He took one look at the double and said "Vell, I haff ze qualitees and ze depth of ze squad to succeed az ze financial fair play vill be along zoon and we are making ze profits with ze sustainable businezz model."

:suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rumours abound (ish) that he's about to be offered a new contract! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :banghead: :twisted: :cussing:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ew-1321729

:cry: :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Fourth. The new First.

or Fifth the new fourth. :cry: :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It's ok lads......Bacary Sagna says no-one has approached him about a new contract yet, despite it ending in 2014.
Wenger says Sagna 'Loves the club and will stay'.........you know, the same 'love' he said Cesc, Nasri and RVP had for the club......so put your house on Sagne being out the door soon, you really couldn't make it up. A new contract for the demented liar in charge of our club (Wenger).......it would be a disaster, an absolute disaster. :(

Clash

Post by Clash »

TeeCee wrote:It's ok lads......Bacary Sagna says no-one has approached him about a new contract yet, despite it ending in 2014.
Wenger says Sagna 'Loves the club and will stay'.........you know, the same 'love' he said Cesc, Nasri and RVP had for the club......so put your house on Sagne being out the door soon, you really couldn't make it up. A new contract for the demented liar in charge of our club (Wenger).......it would be a disaster, an absolute disaster. :(
I know the phrase Groundhod Day has been used 100,000 times but this Sagna thing really is like the cycle beginning all over again. As you say, Cesc, RvP, Nasri and now Sagan ... its actually starting to look quite deliberate on the clubs part.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Just wanted to raise a point; another awful substitution today (vs. Southampton @ home) bringing off Gervinho who was on for a hattrick and playing out of his skin for Theo who couldn't even make a 15 yard pass. I know many will point out that Theo scored but it was such an easy chance with the keeper on the deck that had he missed I think I would be facing a lifetime ban from the grove for going on the pitch and giving him a slap! About 15 seconds before scoring he made probably the worst attempted pass of the day, scoffing it about 8 yards when it needed to go 20 odd. Anyway I've said enough now, just to confirm, awful sub.

richpye

Post by richpye »

16th year Anniversary of Arsene's appointment today.
Ok the recent years have been rocky, but overall pretty decent

P905 W522 D207 L176 1668 gls 1.98pts/game + 3 EPL Titles (Invincibles!) + 4 FA Cups #AFC

Stats from @fkhanage via Twitter

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

richpye wrote:16th year Anniversary of Arsene's appointment today.

P905 W522 D207 L176 1668 gls 1.98pts/game + 3 EPL Titles (Invincibles!) + 4 FA Cups #AFC

When did this happen i thought we didnt exist pre 2005 :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:It's ok lads......Bacary Sagna says no-one has approached him about a new contract yet, despite it ending in 2014.
Worth having a bet on that could get good odds...easy money! :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

richpye wrote:16th year Anniversary of Arsene's appointment today.

Is it wrong to think that 3 titles in 16 years isnt actually that impressive? 7 trophies in 16 years isnt that great a ratio either.

And if we take into account that we've done 2 doubles under Wenger then 4 of those trophies came in 2 seasons. Meaning we have finished empty handed in 11 of the 16 seasons with Wenger in charge.

George Graham won 6 trophies in 8 seasons. Wenger hasnt won anything since the last of the players from the Graham era left the club.

Also, when Wenger took over Arsenal were joint 2nd with Man United for title wins and now they are 6 ahead.

I'm not trying to belittle Wenger but facts are facts and I dont think he is the genius most of us would have said he was a few years back.