THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jrthgooner

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by jrthgooner »

If someone wanted to give you a pay rise, ask very little of your for the money they pay you and let you do what you wanted would you walk away?

It is a shame the man who made us what we are in modern football and helped redefine the premier league is now a complete mess who can't admit his own failings and walk away.

I have for years wanted him out and that feeling has grown with each season that we have won nothing but the 4th place trophy!! I hope he wins the FA Cup and walks away to allow us to move with the times and appoint a forward thinking manager not afraid to change the way the team plays to be win big games again

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:Yup , this morning he embarrassed us again with his pathetic whining about the PL loan system being "unfair"

Now after the game he's waffling on about spirit, charisma etc going back to basics etc ie its always anything but himself.

It's embarrassing

Brings in a Swedish crock on loan. Brings in an Italian keeper on loan. Tries to bring in ba from the chav on loan. Wenker doesn't do hypocrisy does he ? :roll: :oops:
I know that some will say that our loans are from foreign clubs, but I don't think that any club with our resources should be "borrowing" players at all :roll:

Fever Pitch

Post by Fever Pitch »

jrthgooner wrote:If someone wanted to give you a pay rise, ask very little of your for the money they pay you and let you do what you wanted would you walk away?

It is a shame the man who made us what we are in modern football and helped redefine the premier league is now a complete mess who can't admit his own failings and walk away.

I have for years wanted him out and that feeling has grown with each season that we have won nothing but the 4th place trophy!! I hope he wins the FA Cup and walks away to allow us to move with the times and appoint a forward thinking manager not afraid to change the way the team plays to be win big games again
Absolutely spot on
This manager has substantial resources (look at the annual wage bill), and has generated NO OUTPERFORMANCE for 9 years. In any normal job or abnormal job (like another premiership club) he would be judged on OUTPERFORMance ... He would therefore be asked to leave
For us fans, we know that we want progress and hope .. Wenger will provide the absolute opposite

IT REQUIRES THE FANS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN ... SPEAK UP AND LETS STOP THIS CONTINUED DETERIORATION AND DICTATORSHIP !!
:banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Augie - utter hypocrisy when you remember we also took Silvestre and Benayoun on loan from United and Chelsea respectively.

8 weeks ago the AKB's were insisting we wre in a title race - now we are I'm a race for 4th.

The real question is can fat Sam do a job on Wenger again - west ham lost 2-1 up there today. We lost 5-1....,

While Everton play palace next week - our 'top European club ' ambitions rest on fat Sam and tony pulis.

Ironic.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Wenger in that he is being allowed to carry on.
At any other "big" club then surely he wouldn't be able to continue?

It is ridiculous.
The owner thinks we are improving.
The manager thinks defeats are just accidents.
And the team doesn't give a shit.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunner Rob wrote:I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Wenger in that he is being allowed to carry on.
At any other "big" club then surely he wouldn't be able to continue?

It is ridiculous.
The owner thinks we are improving.
The manager thinks defeats are just accidents.
And the team doesn't give a shit.
it is sad,its like seeing a boxer that's been flawed time and time being allowed to carry on even though hes getting totally battered/humiliated and the outcome being inevitable.if the board weren't such tools theyd throw the towel in

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

4th in a 2 horse race and now 5th in a 3 horse race :oops: Le bumhole the breaker of new records..just fuck the fuck off out of our club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The wild ramblings, futile defiance, pitiful delusions and sense of impending doom are reminiscent of the last days in Hitler's bunker.

What are people's opinions on Bould now? Imo whilst he can hardly be expected to change Wenger's fundamental flaws he obviously either agrees with what Wenger does or keeps his quiet and nods his head to further his own career. Either way I want him gone when Wenger finally goes. Bullshit rumours about him having so-and-so up against the wall at the training ground by the throat might evoke pleasant imagery but it's bollocks, it's all bollocks. He sits there next to Wenger holding his cock, I'll lump him in with the rest of our fucking useless coaching staff.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:The wild ramblings, futile defiance, pitiful delusions and sense of impending doom are reminiscent of the last days in Hitler's bunker.

What are people's opinions on Bould now? Imo whilst he can hardly be expected to change Wenger's fundamental flaws he obviously either agrees with what Wenger does or keeps his quiet and nods his head to further his own career. Either way I want him gone when Wenger finally goes. Bullshit rumours about him having so-and-so up against the wall at the training ground by the throat might evoke pleasant imagery but it's bollocks, it's all bollocks. He sits there next to Wenger holding his cock, I'll lump him in with the rest of our fucking useless coaching staff.

Cant disagree with that - for me if you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem. Bould sitting alongside le cock without blowing a fuse (either at the game or behind closed doors) is to me the equivalent of the fans who refuse to come out and publicly criticise wenker.....all yes men who bow to wenkers aura :roll: :oops: :oops:

I said during the week that every one of the coaches, medical staff and scouts should be sacked along with wenker and doris the tea lady should be made to re-apply for her job 8) The whole set up within the club is corrupt and useless to the core :evil:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

I only have one question, anyone still for?

armchair

Post by armchair »

6-3, 5-1, and now 3-0 at the Toffees. Im done. :cry:

I'd prefer City to win it. I get the argument that if Liverpool win it then another Wenger excuse would be gone, (the one about not competing with the financially doped clubs) but that excuse is gone already ffs. Liverpool may not win it but they are better than us, will finish above us and are genuine title challengers.

Anyway, I dont mind the City fans. They've had a wold of shit to suffer before the money came and are just enjoying their time in the sun.
After the 6-3, I was in the upper tier and went down to hold up my 'Wenger Out' bar scarf. Some gooner below was right over at the line of stewards acting hard and making a fool of himself in front of the City fans who were leaving. The stewards pushed him back and away and for some reason the City fans turned and started giving me grief (as I was standing at the front of the upper tier looking down). I just smiled and applauded them. Immediately they stopped giving abuse, smiled and clapped me back and then they all just left without another word. Somehow couldnt see the Liverpool or Chelsea fans showing the same class.

It is strange to see quite a bit of #fliplopping today. :?
#Flipfloppers now calling for Wenger out again. But what has changed? Why today? Whats different today than anything over the last numerous seasons..........?
Wenger is still the manager
He still doesnt study the opposition
He cant motivate
Still poor tactically
Subs still decided pre-game
Still refuses to spend on proven quality (apart from Ozil who I believe was signed above his head)
His medical team still incompetent
His last minute shambles of a trolley dash transfer windows a complete and utter failure

On the back of a good start to the season we were told to get back in our box, support the team and stop criticising. Stop moaning. Some people are never happy, etc.
Now we see the same posters saying exactly the same. Its a funny old game. :?

But hey - win against Wigan and they'll be back to the old just shut up support the team position again. :roll:

Anyway the only way to get shot of Wenger is by fan pressure.
Yes I see how not re-newing can help also but we need to hit Wenger where it hurts - his ego. The media will pick up on it and then he'll walk.
Embarrassing drubbings against Man U, Liverpool, City and regular defeats at the hands of 'lesser' teams obviously dont prompt him to leave as he has no honour or shame
Non re-newals could take years to gradually have a real impact and winning the 4th place trophy or even the FA Cup would see a spike in the projections.
It has to be fan pressure. The only way

augie

Post by augie »

I went back thread the first few pages of this thread again....it's funny stuff :lol:

Back then I seemed to be a lot calmer in my criticism of wenker (although still absolutely against him) but we got the same responses from some that are still being trotted out today :roll: I dont think that it is any coincidence that the more dismissive/disrespectful responses (fcuk off and support...etc etc) came from posters that no longer frequent this place - gone into hiding or still claiming that this place is too negative for them ? :rubchin: :roll: :evil: :cussing:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

How can there be any supporters of Wenger left ? Even the most blind must now be able to see that he reign must wend for the good of Arsenal FC.
New slant on CL qualification today by a friend who said Arsenal need to get fourth because we will not get in a decent manager without CL football.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The media can see each one of our faults but can't make the link to Wenger. Take Seaman's recent interview as an example - in the same interview he slammed us celebrating 4th position as embarrassing and then said we can't lose Wenger. Ignoring the fact that Wenger is the reason we celebrate 4th.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Bradywasking wrote:How can there be any supporters of Wenger left ? Even the most blind must now be able to see that he reign must wend for the good of Arsenal FC.
New slant on CL qualification today by a friend who said Arsenal need to get fourth because we will not get in a decent manager without CL football.
The next time I hear phrases such as: "we won't get player/manager x without CL football....." I think I will puke.

Do people actually see what's in front of their eyes? Liverpool bought, and kept, the goofy racist and may well win the league without this panacea of CL football.

It's as if some people just repeat what they've heard in the media and question nothing.