THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

3-0 to that financially doped Leicester team, how do we compete with them..

Offside

Post by Offside »

The oil fields of Leicestershire give Leicester City an unfair advantage :lol:

Leicester and Spurs (in whatever order) being the top 2 SHOULD be the nail in Wenger's coffin but we all know it won't be.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Been watching the Leicester match and tbh they are good value for the scoreline, wish our team and manager could show so much passion, intent and togetherness when playing :banghead:

armchair

Post by armchair »

EDIT wrong thread. :oops:
Last edited by armchair on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Step

Post by Step »

If our esteemed deluded myopic cretin of a manager pays as much respect to Leicester as he does to sides of a similar size/history )such as Southampton) then we will get thumped by them next weekend. And course Wenger will give them no credit whatsoever.

Best thing that can happen is for Leicester to win the premier league. They are the most consistent, they (or rather their manager) are tactically aware , they work hard for one another and they are not doing it off the back of massive financial input from a Sugar Daddy.

All of Wenger's excuses for not winning the league in recent years will be blown out of the water.

We have no hope at all and top 4 looks a long way off.

Well done Leicester you are putting us to shame and full credit to you.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

All fans from clubs other than Citeh, Arsenal and Tottnum will be hoping that Leicester win the title now.

Step

Post by Step »

I'm Arsenal and I want Leicester to win it! It's the only hope we have of getting rid of Mr Clueless.
We are an average team under him. Average teams do not deserve to win titles and they never do.
Leicester deserve it on merit.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Same I sincerely hope Leicester win it.
I wouldn't worry though chaps as Arsene can already claim we are the only team in Europe to have thrashed Leicester. Another awesome AW achievement, along with beating Pep (ignore the 5-1 return score line)
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

We won't so I hope Leicester do. Fast, skilfull and press (get that Wenger?...no you fucking don't!) Work their bollocks off.....all I admire in them, we lack by the bucket full. Ever seen Giroud run like Vardy ? Mahrez £500k ? No players out their. Retire Wenger :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

If we don't win it I definitely want Leicester to win it. I'm not giving up yet though.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

casgooner wrote:If we don't win it I definitely want Leicester to win it. I'm not giving up yet though.
Just out of curiosity what gives you hope that we can still win it?

blair207

Post by blair207 »

Wenger is going to have hope Leicester stop Spurs from winning it, he certainly won't.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

blair207 wrote:Wenger is going to have hope Leicester stop Spurs from winning it, he certainly won't.
Why would Wenger care if spurs win it?? Don't think that terror we all feel affects Wenger and his protected little pussies one iota. Do you really think Wenger and his "Galacticos" hate spurs with a passion?? Not a fuck, they're just another team in the PL.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Apparently we moved to the Emirates to compete with the elite of Europe. But Wenger's transfer policy is built on the premise that we cannot buy and/or attract the elite players that the elite clubs can.

He's not willing to spend big bucks on either
A) a proven elite player eg Suarez - how insulting does that Suarez bid of 40million for the 2nd best player on the planet look right now?
B)a youthful gamble, eg Martial
C)a relatively modest upgrade, say Benzema for Giroud.

How exactly are we going to compete with the elite of Europe when our team is full of second-raters? Barcelona are going to give us an absolute mauling - were further behind them in terms of overall quality than when we had Bendtner up top.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

If Leicester or Spurs win it that will put pay to Wenger's reputation. He won' be mentioned in the same breath as Ferguson after that no matter how many more FA Cups he wins.