THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by xisstential »

Just watched his post match... "We played alright, we hit the post 3 times, their first goal should have been a foul, our guys stopped playing and they took advantage of that". He still can't believe the foul wasn't given. The next game comes fast so we need to bounce back"

Phew, it's all good, I was worried he was going to resign.But thankfully ,as he's pointed out, it was the ref and the fault of the woodwork.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

"I believe we were really unlucky with our finishing and some decisions today. They had two shots on target and two goals.

"We stopped playing before the first goal because there was a foul on Mesut Ozil. There were hands around his neck and it should have been a free-kick for us.

"We need to bounce-back very quickly now.

"Petr Cech is injured. I think it will keep him out of the game against Tottenham at the weekend. But I have full-confidence in David Ospina."

It just gets better and better...utter ***** stain.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

How long is it since Ospina played?

He makes the slightest error and he'll be hung out to dry by the manager suits AW this injury to Cech :rubchin:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

"We thought it was a foul so stopped playing"

Playing to the whistle is taught to school under 8 teams! :banghead:

Just get the fuck out now Wenger.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Might as well lock this thread now, everyone is in agreement and there's absolutely nothing left to say TBH. Really quite sad.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Mistical92 wrote:Might as well lock this thread now, everyone is in agreement and there's absolutely nothing left to say TBH. Really quite sad.
That's been true for about the last 1000 pages or more :oops: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Kvltman wrote:"We thought it was a foul so stopped playing"

Playing to the whistle is taught to school under 8 teams! :banghead:

Just get the fuck out now Wenger.
Amazing. Such an astonishing thing to say yet instead of criticising his players for downing tools instead of playing to the whistle, he actually used it as an excuse and a reason to moan about the ref :shock: :o

How was that not picked up by the interviewer? - the obvious next quesion after such a comment must surely be "why didn't your players play to the whistle?" :?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We will NEVER win the league again with Arsene Wenger in charge.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Wanted him out from 2009.....hopefully not long left!

Blade

Post by Blade »

Fans already irate yet Le Fraud gives them thumbs up.Condescending and patronizing towards your 'customers ' again.
Wenger’s annoyance saw him give an ironic thumbs up to those taunting him

MrT

Post by MrT »

Last edited by MrT on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Blade wrote:Fans already irate yet Le Fraud gives them thumbs up.Condescending and patronizing towards your 'customers ' again.
Wenger’s annoyance saw him give an ironic thumbs up to those taunting him
In fairness, he was probably getting dogs abuse by some fans calling him every name under the sun, so he's within his rights to respond like that. Nobody like to be verbally abused. I understand the fans reaction but, equally, I can understand Wenger's reaction too.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

The substitution of Ox instead of Arshavin was indeed his worst ever sub, but I was there and remember distinctly the main reason for the fans' ire was also because he wasn't taking off a player who was having an absolute nightmare. His name? Theo Walcott. How times have changed!!

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Anyone else feel like the Wenger reign has nothing more to give?

He has to give up accept reality.

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

Woeful! Absolutely woeful once again! I cant see the club moving him on and i cant see him falling on his sword a year early so i think he will stay for at least one more season. So when the big money arrives in the summer from the TV and all the clubs around us are bringing in new players if we are lucky we might tie down the likes of Walcott and Ramsey for a few more seasons with contract extensions!!!!!!!!