THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

And that is why I hate it when people slag the man off. He is Arsenal FC in my opinion and without him, we would not challenge for the EPL IMO.

Anyone who doubts him is a real disappointment.

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

Cesc is God wrote:And that is why I hate it when people slag the man off. He is Arsenal FC in my opinion and without him, we would not challenge for the EPL IMO.

ditto

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

tinpot lane wrote:
Cesc is God wrote:And that is why I hate it when people slag the man off. He is Arsenal FC in my opinion and without him, we would not challenge for the EPL IMO.

ditto
:augie: That is all I have to say. If you guys think we should bersist with him after FIVE trophyless seasons, I believe you are thinking with your heart and not your head.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

SWLGooner wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:

ditto
:augie: That is all I have to say. If you guys think we should bersist with him after FIVE trophyless seasons, I believe you are thinking with your heart and not your head.
I'll admit I think with my heart and not a single manager could come in and change our situation! Who knows the club better than Wenger? If you lose faith in our boss and his decisions then its going to be a long season for you people. I KNOW I TRUST IN WENGER!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Try putting some meat around that and stating why we would be a disappointment! Why is Arsene Arsenal FC because last time I looked we was going for a fair while before him and I hope that the club doesn't shut up shop and closes down the day he leaves.

Fuck me some people on here should stop worrying about a central midfielder and start thinking about the solution to eternal life so we can wheel Wenger out still as manager when he is 144!

Wenger has been a genius yes but all good things come to an end and to hope he stays for ever is both impractical and fanciful!

:roll:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I cannot believe some of what I'm reading here.
Wenger is undoubtedtly a legend at Arsenal and is responsible not only for totally revolutionising our club but for changing the attitudes within football. I have immense respect for the guy and will admire him until the day I die.
BUT, and it really is a big but (a bit like Mrs Spudmasher :lol: ), he is not irreplaceable. Every leader of every type of organisation, be it a government, army, multinational corporation or football club, has a shelf life. At some point fresh input is needed to keep up with the times.

How many of you are frustrated at work because of the 'old school' that say "We've always done it like that"? These are the people that hold your company back aren't they. Their attitude to change is born out of a fear of the unknown. That approach prevents an organisation from evolving and it gets left behind. It's competitors in the market thrive because of their ability to move with the times and we all know the eventual end result. If you want proof of it then look no further than British Leyland.
Arsenal has to evolve. Period! If in order to do so we have to lose our most successful ever manager then so be it! We would all prefer that the club changes with him at the helm but he cannot remain for ever. Cryogenics is not that advanced yet :roll:
I'm not calling for his head, or those of the current board, but I am stating that we are on the precipice of self destruction if we do not change some of our policies and modernise the way we do things. I admire the integrity of the "old ways" but I prefer the rewards of the new.

MyOldMan

Post by MyOldMan »

To those who think I should fuck off and support Chelsea for daring to question Arsene..............

I do not have to tell you how much I love Arsenal FC and Wenger it's very hard for me to express.

But if I didn't express my opinion of what I think deep down and just nod my head with your opinions like some churchill dog whats the point in having a forum?

Debate is the key and this thread for my first one has caused people to respond. What you do is look at everyone's post's and each side of the arguement and then form your own opinion. Me included. I have learn't something from everyone's input.

MyOldMan is a Gooner and here to stay.

:lol: :barscarf: :lol: :barscarf:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

gusher311 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:

ditto
I'll admit I think with my heart and not a single manager could come in and change our situation! Who knows the club better than Wenger? If you lose faith in our boss and his decisions then its going to be a long season for you people. I KNOW I TRUST IN WENGER!
SECONDED GUSH"y!!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

he has to deliver this year and if he doesn't i can see him sanding don himself

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:he has to deliver this year and if he doesn't i can see him sanding don himself
Maybe but I cannot see him turning it all in to ply a trade in homosexual S&M!

:shock: :lol:

NBM

Post by NBM »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:he has to deliver this year and if he doesn't i can see him sanding don himself
Maybe but I cannot see him turning it all in to ply a trade in homosexual S&M!

:shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

MyOldMan wrote:To those who think I should fuck off and support Chelsea for daring to question Arsene..............|
MyOldMan is a Gooner and here to stay.
:lol: :barscarf: :lol: :barscarf:
Well done old man for saying what you think. Those lot can do one if that's the reaction you get.

You do have a valid point with regards to Wenger not building on a winning team. Look back at the invincibles season and look at what we have now, all in the space of 4 years. Its incredible to think that we have lost so much in such a short space of time, any manager worth their salt would have built on such a team.

Wenger only has what 2 seasons if that left on his contract, then he's off upstairs i reckon as the club would be insane to let a man like that go. As for sacking him and getting some one new in is a bit harsh, his outlook and his method towards the game no longer seem to be working but his ideology is sound, and what we need is a manager who can take that a step further.

selling out is not an option, we do not need lots of money to win anything, so who knows may Wenger have something and that a bunch of relatively unknown kids can win the league, wouldn't that be a shock to everyone's system.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

So when does the time come when Arsene has to produce Trophies to go with the beautiful football? One more season,two more or as long as he wants.There is nothing wrong with fans starting to ask questions about Arsene,There is no doubt Arsene is our best ever manager but the time is coming when he has to deliever trophies,This season is a massive season for the club and for Arsene himself

T.S

Post by T.S »

Cesc is God wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
great thread,, get a life cig, people are intitled to there opinion and just because you dont agree doesnt mean the person is not a gooner so stop this
go and support chelsea shite, :roll: we all want whats best for our club just some want it done differently
Still disagree. Wenger is God and no one can ever replace him. We need to hold onto this great man for as long as we can,
So will you stop supporting Arsenal after he leaves? If the highlighted statement is true, it doesn't really bode well for the future, does it? :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Sounds like the wise words of a new age sky sports football supporter :roll: :banghead: