THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by herbert »

Arsene Wenger is a Legend :barscarf:

My signed Bible arrives tomorrow :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

For any amazon prime members, this is available on prime day for under £14 and if you want the book in Wenger's own words, there is a podcast version on an app called audible available for free. 30-day signup but you can cancel at any time and keep the download.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Like most gooners I used to love the guy but nowadays I wish he would just fuck the fuck off :roll: I cringe when I hear him speak the arsepiece that he is :oops:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

This thread is now 706 posts short of the capacity of Highbury when it closed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am

Agreed he is a legend but for me it's a tainted kind of legend. I still love him for that first 10 years (and the 3 late FA Cups) but he did so much that alienated me in that last decade.

I can never hate him the way many Gooners seem to but equally my respect for him went downhill over the years.

I kind of view him a little bit like a beautiful dolly I enjoyed banging and then when we broke up she went mental and started posting dead animals to my gaff. Some really happy memories but a lot of regrets too. Kind of like that. :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 pm
herbert wrote:

Agreed he is a legend but for me it's a tainted kind of legend. I still love him for that first 10 years (and the 3 late FA Cups) but he did so much that alienated me in that last decade.

I can never hate him the way many Gooners seem to but equally my respect for him went downhill over the years.

I kind of view him a little bit like a beautiful dolly I enjoyed banging and then when we broke up she went mental and started posting dead animals to my gaff. Some really happy memories but a lot of regrets too. Kind of like that. :D
:lol: :lol:

I think you've got the right balance mate. I do not mind herbert's more positive way of seeing things either though. I envy it in some ways.

I've toned down my feelings of hatred for Wenger a bit but I still have contempt for him. One of the things that still grates with me the most is the way he was lavished with praise for managing us through a difficult period when it was largely down to him that it became so difficult (breaking up the team for project youth at the same time as the stadium move, etc).

I liken it to someone being seen as a local hero for saving a drowning boy from a river when it was actually him that pushed the boy into the river in the first place.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've just read Arsene's "clarification" of the infamous £40m+1 bid for the Anfield Canibal. It actually makes us as a club and him as a manager look even more stupid than we and he previously did. :oops: :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
herbert wrote:

I think you've got the right balance mate. I do not mind herbert's more positive way of seeing things either though. I envy it in some ways.

I've toned down my feelings of hatred for Wenger a bit but I still have contempt for him. One of the things that still grates with me the most is the way he was lavished with praise for managing us through a difficult period when it was largely down to him that it became so difficult (breaking up the team for project youth at the same time as the stadium move, etc).

I liken it to someone being seen as a local hero for saving a drowning boy from a river when it was actually him that pushed the boy into the river in the first place.
You both need to read the book from back to front

It gets better at the end

Arsene who? :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am
Wanker built this forum. Worked eight days a week on this thread.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am
Knowing this forum that will be surpassed by October 25th.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
For any amazon prime members, this is available on prime day for under £14 and if you want the book in Wenger's own words, there is a podcast version on an app called audible available for free. 30-day signup but you can cancel at any time and keep the download.
That’s what I did. I ordered the book from amazon for my dad and I signed up to audible and got the free audiobook for myself.

I’m on chapter 3 and Wenger isn’t a great narrator at all. Opening myself up to ridicule here but I’ve listened to all Harry Potter books narrated by Stephen Fry and the story comes alive. Shame Wenger can’t use an evil Voldemort or Professor snape voice when he’s referring to cashley or Mourinho or a Dobby voice when talking about pat rice :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
That’s what I did. I ordered the book from amazon for my dad and I signed up to audible and got the free audiobook for myself.

I’m on chapter 3 and Wenger isn’t a great narrator at all. Opening myself up to ridicule here but I’ve listened to all Harry Potter books narrated by Stephen Fry and the story comes alive. Shame Wenger can’t use an evil Voldemort or Professor snape voice when he’s referring to cashley or Mourinho or a Dobby voice when talking about pat rice :lol:
Meh. Too easy.

:wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:51 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
herbert wrote:

You both need to read the book from back to front

It gets better at the end

Arsene who? :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:04 am
Like most gooners I used to love the guy but nowadays I wish he would just fuck the fuck off :roll: I cringe when I hear him speak the arsepiece that he is :oops:

Same as that buddy. Same as that.

They say that time is a great healer, but I dont think that I will live long enough to get over the way he fcuked this club up. I hate the way he gets all the credit for his earlier successes despite the fact that those successes will built on an extremely strong GG foundation - the way those successes are talked about you would think that we were a bottom 6 club that he turned into champions :roll: There was a 5-6 year period where he had us playing football the likes of which no-one had ever seen before, but then his arrogance kicked in and he thought that he could put any team together and be able to play that way such was his genius :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
herbert wrote:

I kind of view him a little bit like the Beautiful Blow-Up Dolly I enjoyed banging . Some really happy memories but a lot of regrets too, especially when I ran out of lube. Kind of like that. :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :wink: