THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Wilson »

How can a new man to oversee contracts not be installed?

The problem with a manager controlling the contracts, is its difficult to have a relationship with the player on field when negotiations are taking place off field. We allowed RVP, Nasri to run down their contracts, and have inexcusably allowed it to happen with Sanchez and Ozil. Its just not how modern football clubs operate, and its obvious its a bad policy as name another club that so often allows its star players to run their contract into the final 12 months.......whilst it is a common occurrence at Arsenal.

You would think a director of football, or even a watered down version of a director of football that deals simply with the planning of contracts of our current players would be a certainty given how frequently this situation occurs. Yet Wenger wants to do nothing about it, which pretty much means such a situation will happen again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
wibble wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Of course this is just speculation and they only quote "sources" :roll: as saying it.... but I've believed this for months now. The deal was done long ago. He was never leaving. That is what I honestly believe.

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/313 ... ed-sources

:|

And with what Adams is saying about the Board being fucking spineless.... but hey guys they are not a problem at all huh? :lol: :roll:

Ask yourself this; would the owners of Citeh, the chavs, Manure, the mousers, (even fucking tottinghams ffs :oops: ) retain a manager for 13 years after his last PL title? Would they fuck. :roll:
Wenger himself stated months ago he had been in contact with Kronke and has 100% backing, yes never in doubt

Wenger himself is the only one who can stop the 52 year extension

Strange posters on here still think he will go, would love to know more about this reasoning, would make me feel happier to think there was hope :D
yeah im surprised so many think he will leave, im convinced he is staying. Think theres going to be a lot of disapoointed posters on here later this week (and hostgator!)

Good artcle with Adams as well, nothing revolutionary but he tells it as he sees it

So many ?? :? :? By the looks of things around here, I'm the only one who thinks that he is leaving :barscarf:
Stick to your guns, augie. I would LOVE to open this forum on Thursday to see you post a huge "TOLD YOU SO" thread! :lol:

I'll fucking sticky it for eternity if it happens! :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

wibble wrote:And if anyone leaves it will most likely be Gazidas back to America for daring to question our lord and master
Gazidas is not going anywhere, well at least to the 29th June Q&A sesh....

silus

Post by silus »

Come on Arsenal....do the right thing.

Anyone know what time this "meeting' takes place?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wilson wrote:How can a new man to oversee contracts not be installed?

The problem with a manager controlling the contracts, is its difficult to have a relationship with the player on field when negotiations are taking place off field. We allowed RVP, Nasri to run down their contracts, and have inexcusably allowed it to happen with Sanchez and Ozil. Its just not how modern football clubs operate, and its obvious its a bad policy as name another club that so often allows its star players to run their contract into the final 12 months.......whilst it is a common occurrence at Arsenal.

You would think a director of football, or even a watered down version of a director of football that deals simply with the planning of contracts of our current players would be a certainty given how frequently this situation occurs. Yet Wenger wants to do nothing about it, which pretty much means such a situation will happen again.
Because Wenger does not want it thats why, he runs the club with the support of Kronke

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
wibble wrote:And if anyone leaves it will most likely be Gazidas back to America for daring to question our lord and master
If he gets a better money offer from the states, he will go, not like he's an arsenal supporter

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Well it all looks done and dusted as far as the BBC is concerned. The Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke had a meeting with Arsene Wenger yesterday and it was all smiles and handshakes between the two men that really run the club.

Although there are some members of the top table that believe it is time for a shake-up at the club, it seems that the Board are irrelevant to Wenger’s decision, and today’s Board meeting will only be to inform them what Kroenke and Wenger have already decided. The report also says Stan has already made it clear that his support lies with the Frenchman and he has pledged to back him in the transfer window to get the stars we need to win the Premier League title next season.

Only 730 Days to go until Contract expires.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
If he gets a better money offer from the states, he will go, not like he's an arsenal supporter
Seemed the only animated one at the cup final!
As for Chicken n Chips they were like where am I

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Come on lads - time now to place your bets.

My guess is exactly as it is laid out in the bbc article I posted on the Kroenke thread earlier. 2 year contract to be agreed with no impactful change whatsoever, and Shit For Brains free to continue in a completely unchallenged role as has been the case all these years.

How it will be spun is that there was a very long and meaningful conversation with both sides recognising that we fell short of expectations and identifying that we need to be achieving better results. No doubt the commitment to provide Wenger with all the resources he needs for us to be successful will be tripped out again too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:Come on lads - time now to place your bets.

My guess is exactly as it is laid out in the bbc article I posted on the Kroenke thread earlier. 2 year contract to be agreed with no impactful change whatsoever, and Shit For Brains free to continue in a completely unchallenged role as has been the case all these years.

How it will be spun is that there was a very long and meaningful conversation with both sides recognising that we fell short of expectations and identifying that we need to be achieving better results. No doubt the commitment to provide Wenger with all the resources he needs for us to be successful will be tripped out again too.
This^^ bit in red 100%. Unfortunately. :|

It's classic PR spin and they will spin the living fuck out of it. :|

augie

Post by augie »

I still think that he is going, but I have to admit that I am not as sure as I was - what that basically translates into, is that I was sure he was leaving before Saturdays win, but now I am shitting myself that the euphoria of the manner of the victory will spare the c.unt :oops: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:I still think that he is going, but I have to admit that I am not as sure as I was - what that basically translates into, is that I was sure he was leaving before Saturdays win, but now I am shitting myself that the euphoria of the manner of the victory will spare the c.unt :oops: :oops: :oops:
It certainly won't hurt his case, but honestly augie, I think the deal was done months ago and Saturday was only the cream on the cake for Wenger/Kroenke. Even if we had lost 3-0 he'd still be offered, and would sign, a new deal. I am convinced of that, buddy... :(

When the one man with the power to not offer the deal, and the power to sack him, is not a football man, then you are doomed as a club. :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Seemed the only animated one at the cup final!
As for Chicken n Chips they were like where am I

probably had a big bonus to come on result...hes just an admin mercenary...no connection with the Arsenal

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
wibble wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Of course this is just speculation and they only quote "sources" :roll: as saying it.... but I've believed this for months now. The deal was done long ago. He was never leaving. That is what I honestly believe.

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/313 ... ed-sources

:|

And with what Adams is saying about the Board being fucking spineless.... but hey guys they are not a problem at all huh? :lol: :roll:

Ask yourself this; would the owners of Citeh, the chavs, Manure, the mousers, (even fucking tottinghams ffs :oops: ) retain a manager for 13 years after his last PL title? Would they fuck. :roll:
Wenger himself stated months ago he had been in contact with Kronke and has 100% backing, yes never in doubt

Wenger himself is the only one who can stop the 52 year extension

Strange posters on here still think he will go, would love to know more about this reasoning, would make me feel happier to think there was hope :D
yeah im surprised so many think he will leave, im convinced he is staying. Think theres going to be a lot of disapoointed posters on here later this week (and hostgator!)

Good artcle with Adams as well, nothing revolutionary but he tells it as he sees it

So many ?? :? :? By the looks of things around here, I'm the only one who thinks that he is leaving :barscarf:
yes there were...but now flip floppers

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:I still think that he is going, but I have to admit that I am not as sure as I was - what that basically translates into, is that I was sure he was leaving before Saturdays win, but now I am shitting myself that the euphoria of the manner of the victory will spare the c.unt :oops: :oops: :oops:
It certainly won't hurt his case, but honestly augie, I think the deal was done months ago and Saturday was only the cream on the cake for Wenger/Kroenke. Even if we had lost 3-0 he'd still be offered, and would sign, a new deal. I am convinced of that, buddy... :(

When the one man with the power to not offer the deal, and the power to sack him, is not a football man, then you are doomed as a club. :|

I understand why you say and believe that, but if the deal was done months ago, why has it not been signed and announced yet ? If the c.unt is staying it would have sent a strong message to the players that the c.unt still has the backing of the club and if they don't agree then they will be out, plus it would send a strong message to potential recruits that the guy that is trying to sign them, will be there for at least two years. Business wise (as many of you keep alluding is the priority) it makes zero sense to drag this out as long unless there is no agreement in place that is acceptable to wenker
The one proviso I would add to that, is that it is possible that the club wouldn't announce the deal because of the potential negative impact it would have on the futures of sanchez and ozil