THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Clummo99 »

I didnt know where to post this but credit where it's due so put it on the Wenger thread.

https://youtu.be/WkXZRHG5RxQ

How good was Eduardo's finishing and Adebayor at his best.

To think we used to moan about trying to score the perfect goal. :oops:

Well quite a few of those come very close!
Last edited by Clummo99 on Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

And yes I know for every goal there were numerous misses and Hleb wasn't always so progressive in his play but please allow me to reminisce through the tears! :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 am
I didnt know where to post this but credit where it's due so put it on the Wenger thread.

How good was Eduardo's finishing and Adebayor.

And a nice sprinkling of twinkle toes Abou in there too. Always saved his best for Anfield !

Midz

Post by Midz »

Clummo99 wrote:

Some absolutely cracking goals and almosts in there. Enjoyed watching that, thank you very much.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Goosebumps watching those vids, it’s been years since I had them watching Arsenal, how depressing!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:

I LOVED Eduardo - What a player, what skills he had his career cut short by the cunnt Martin Taylor from scumbrum....he was never the same after that Horrendous injury

I remember Fabregas throwing up by the Side of pitch when he saw Eduardo's injury... :cry:

That goal by adebayor against the scum at whitefartlane when he chips it up and then hits it on the volley - Truly Wonderful goal.. :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

I LOVED Eduardo - What a player, what skills he had his career cut short by the cunnt Martin Taylor from scumbrum....he was never the same after that Horrendous injury

I remember Fabregas throwing up by the Side of pitch when he saw Eduardo's injury... :cry:

That goal by adebayor against the scum at whitefartlane when he chips it up and then hits it on the volley - Truly Wonderful goal.. :barscarf:
He was getting back to the levels he was showing but then Celtic and the fucking media decided to have a witch hunt over the penalty he won in the CL qualifier

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

He was getting back to the levels he was showing but then Celtic and the fucking media decided to have a witch hunt over the penalty he won in the CL qualifier
Yeah! He was 'a Johnny Foreigner' wasn't he...even though the likes of Grannyshagger and co were diving left right and centre - the scum media never said a word. Makes my Piss Boil! :cussing: :banghead: :censored: :box:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Eduardo was a great player. I reckon he could have been one of the best had that injury not happened.

Still believe we would have won the league that year if it wasn't for that injury. It broke the mentality of the team.

I remembering being at the Emirates for his comeback game vs Cardiff in the FA Cup. He scored two that night.

Was also at the Emirates when he came back with Shakhtar. We sang his name when he came on and cheered when he scored a consolation (we were 5-0 up at the time and I think was a good finish).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Totally agree mate - he could have been one of the Arsenal greats.....

that 1st goal after his injury...(see below)

Sublime Skills... what could have been mate... what could have been... :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-aL--07TA

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Eduardo was a great player. I reckon he could have been one of the best had that injury not happened.

Still believe we would have won the league that year if it wasn't for that injury. It broke the mentality of the team.

I remembering being at the Emirates for his comeback game vs Cardiff in the FA Cup. He scored two that night.

Was also at the Emirates when he came back with Shakhtar. We sang his name when he came on and cheered when he scored a consolation (we were 5-0 up at the time and I think was a good finish).
Yeah me too - can’t ever remember a goal being cheered by opposing fans (us ) when Eduardo scored his goal. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eduardo was top class.

That foul was the direct result of cùnts like Pubis and AllthePies and their fucking scum buddies in the media propagating the theory that to stop Arsenal you had to kick them off the pitch. :censored:

The media in particular were fucking festering shit weasels. All we read was what a great bloke Taylor was, never once mentioning that he had two previous incidents where he had injured players. The xenophobic media shamefully implied that Eduardo and Arsenal almost got what they deserved with all their fancy foreign ways. :roll:

The same media filth then launched their own hate campaign against Eduardo for the "dive" that wasn't a dive against Celtic. At a time when England "heroes" Granny Botherer and Slippy Me were diving with gay abandon every single game! :censored:

The hypocrisy of the media made me sick. Remember their campaign of hate against Duscher who broke media darling Beckham's metatarsal and similar hate campaign against Alpay for having a bit of a dust up with Beckham?

It's no exaggeration that the Taylor cùnt's assault on Eduardo contributed to us not fully challenging for the PL that season. Remember we were clear favourites to win it in February. With him fit and firing on all cylinders I believe he easily had 20+ PL goals in him. Psychologically our players were spent after that injury. Of course the carry-on of the self obsessed and worst Arsenal captain ever, the chav prick Gallas, contributed to that too. :roll: :censored:

Happily the cùnt Taylor's own career petered out and he retired ironically through injury. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Agree with the comments about Eduardo - he had that natural finisher's elegance about him that would have seen him become one of the top strikers in the PL I reckon

Same of course for poor old Abou, and that c.unt Dan Smith. A horrendous tackle in stoppage time on the halfway line in a game they were losing 0-3. What an utter c.unt. Deprived us of seeing twinkle toes going to be one of the best midfielders we ever had

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I reckon the media witch hunt after the celtic game was driven by revenge after he dumped Ingerland out of the 2008 euro qualifiers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:38 pm
Agree with the comments about Eduardo - he had that natural finisher's elegance about him that would have seen him become one of the top strikers in the PL I reckon

Same of course for poor old Abou, and that c.unt Dan Smith. A horrendous tackle in stoppage time on the halfway line in a game they were losing 0-3. What an utter c.unt. Deprived us of seeing twinkle toes going to be one of the best midfielders we ever had
Absolutely. A fucking horrendous foul that one. Diaby was never the same player afterwards. We had only started to see a bit of his real potential too.

Similarly the Shawcunt scum that nearly severed Rambo's leg was hailed as a great bloke and "not that sort" but anyone that has played the game and saw that "tackle" could see it was a cùnt's tackle and he went in to injure Rambo. :censored: