THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by wibble »

And if anyone leaves it will most likely be Gazidas back to America for daring to question our lord and master

General

Post by General »

The fans have spoken. Wenger knows he can't go on. Anyway read this beauty from our resident Flipflopper.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -the-club/

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

General wrote:The fans have spoken. Wenger knows he can't go on. Anyway read this beauty from our resident Flipflopper.

Everybody knows you need a contingency plan put in place at least twelve months in advance of a manifestly unsuccessful manager leaving.

The club could find itself in dire straits by being out of the title race by November and finishing 18 points off the title otherwise.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think Wengr will stay, and will blindly assume the fans will get behind him unconditionally again. However, the negative sentiment and hostile atmosphere will flare up against next season. This transfer window will be a horror one - Sanchez is leaving, joined possibly by Chamberlain and Ozil, maybe Bellerin and perhaps even Kosicleny. I dont think Wenger has the appetite or desire to compete with the other clubs who can all offer CL football. So I can see a big talent exodus and a bunch of so-so'd brought in to replace them.

And for me, this is the most exasperating thing - next season will be a clusterfuck and shit fest, and we can all see it a mile off...............but Wenger and the board are so blissfully ignorant, they cannot see the catastrophe on the horizon.

He will get everything that comes his way next season.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

The club are getting it massively wrong if they are gauging the mood of the fans from the turn out/vibe at the Cup final, the same fans who were magnificent are the same group that have been leaving seats empty for weeks, it was a Cup Final, we turned up like the losers in the team.

Even the club can't be that stupid.

General

Post by General »

If it is true Wenker held a private meeting with Stan then I'm expecting him to walk away. He knows he can't do this all over again and it's neither good for his health nor ours. Time to walk it's over.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He's staying lads and this thread should be locked after he signs a new 5 year deal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I find it hilarious we still have people excusing Kroenke because "he hasn't been here 13 years". :oops: :lol: Wow. What a simplistic viewpoint. I'm a manager, and when I move into a new area, the first thing I do is identify the performers and the non-performers - and I get rid of the non-performers (I usually dump them into IT with all the lazy geeks, nerds and virgins :lol: :wink: ). The fact those non-performers were sitting there doing fuck all or failing at their jobs for 5 or 10 years before I became their manager means fuck all - they go. It's called "best practice". And the vast majority of company owners and managers that want to succeed follow best practice religiously.

The only bit of hope I can take from all this is that this two year deal will be his last - and he mightn't even last the full 2 years. Why? Because he won't change. We will progressivley get worse under him as other teams improve and we will slide down the PL table a spot or two at a time to the point where the fulcrum will finally swing with more fans turning on him, attendances dropping, the protests growing, the press attacking him more regularly with less flip flopping, and eventually he will get in a huff with all of us ungrateful bastards and he will walk out to spite us. :D

Or he'll be here for the next 5 or 10 years. :suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

flash gunner wrote:He's staying lads and this thread should be locked after he signs a new 5 year deal
Thought you posted this earlier...He's going nowhere

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

northbank123 wrote:
General wrote:The fans have spoken. Wenger knows he can't go on. Anyway read this beauty from our resident Flipflopper.

Everybody knows you need a contingency plan put in place at least twelve months in advance of a manifestly unsuccessful manager leaving.

The club could find itself in dire straits by being out of the title race by November and finishing 18 points off the title otherwise.
Unfortunately the likes of Ian Wright, Paul Merson and Piers Morgan all propagate this caricature of Arsenal fans that (together with that YouTube bollocks) makes us laughing stocks.

Their views all change on a literally daily basis, as they have done for years and as they will continue to do for years if he stays.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Unfortunately the likes of Ian Wright, Paul Merson and Piers Morgan all propagate this caricature of Arsenal fans that (together with that YouTube bollocks) makes us laughing stocks.

Their views all change on a literally daily basis, as they have done for years and as they will continue to do for years if he stays.
Think Wright is saying that if they were planning to change there manager, contingency plans should have been in place a year ago, not sure he's flip flopping...disregard that piers wanker....he is not worth commenting on.....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Redarmy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Think Wright is saying that if they were planning to change there manager, contingency plans should have been in place a year ago, not sure he's flip flopping...disregard that piers wanker....he is not worth commenting on.....
Nobody would agree more than me that if Wenger does leave, it's a fucking disgrace that the board have been sitting on their hands rather than gettif a replacement lined up.

I wouldn't say that I have a "nasty feeling" that he may leave or consider it a "disaster" if he did though. Wright also acknowledges that he has refused to denounce Wenger for our awful performances this season.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
flash gunner wrote:He's staying lads and this thread should be locked after he signs a new 5 year deal
Thought you posted this earlier...He's going nowhere

Same thing isnt it?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i think Wenger will probably stay

huge mistake though - rumour is that Tuchel will leave Dortmund this week and has been lined up by Arsenal in case Wenger walks away.
it would be the perfect scenario for everyone, but of course we all know that the dictator wont give up that easily. he needs to complete the destruction of the club before he finally departs.

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Of course this is just speculation and they only quote "sources" :roll: as saying it.... but I've believed this for months now. The deal was done long ago. He was never leaving. That is what I honestly believe.

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/313 ... ed-sources

:|

And with what Adams is saying about the Board being fucking spineless.... but hey guys they are not a problem at all huh? :lol: :roll:

Ask yourself this; would the owners of Citeh, the chavs, Manure, the mousers, (even fucking tottinghams ffs :oops: ) retain a manager for 13 years after his last PL title? Would they fuck. :roll:
Wenger himself stated months ago he had been in contact with Kronke and has 100% backing, yes never in doubt

Wenger himself is the only one who can stop the 52 year extension

Strange posters on here still think he will go, would love to know more about this reasoning, would make me feel happier to think there was hope :D
yeah im surprised so many think he will leave, im convinced he is staying. Think theres going to be a lot of disapoointed posters on here later this week (and hostgator!)

Good artcle with Adams as well, nothing revolutionary but he tells it as he sees it

So many ?? :? :? By the looks of things around here, I'm the only one who thinks that he is leaving :barscarf: