Ticket price changes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Ticket price changes

Post by SWLGooner »

To be announced at 11am; can't say more till then. Positive changes IMO. 8)

Block_5_Gooner

Re: Ticket price changes

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

SWLGooner wrote:To be announced at 11am; can't say more till then. Positive changes IMO. 8)
I agree having a CAT C is a step forward.

Issue is that ST holders, like myself, have already forked out which could make the overall value of a ST worthless. Will have to wait and see...

ElliotGooner

Post by ElliotGooner »

Dont get your hopes up as at the Supporters Forum with Gazidis it was announced to us that a 10 to 20% increase in Cat A games will be introduced to be able to reduce tickets by the same amount for the new Cat C group of matches. For those who only attend the odd game at home to Wigan or Stoke then they will gain from it i.e. £24 adult tickets but a ticket for Man United at home could cost in excess of £112 as a result!

ElliotGooner

Post by ElliotGooner »

As Season Ticket prices froze for general admission areas the benefit to those holders will be nil and if the club have a successful (albeit unlikely) run in the Cups then the cost for matches after the 6 credits run out will be noticeable Aas they will all be set at the highly inflated A game prices. Overall the club win, its all smokescreen PR!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

ElliotGooner wrote:Dont get your hopes up as at the Supporters Forum with Gazidis it was announced to us that a 10 to 20% increase in Cat A games will be introduced to be able to reduce tickets by the same amount for the new Cat C group of matches. For those who only attend the odd game at home to Wigan or Stoke then they will gain from it i.e. £24 adult tickets but a ticket for Man United at home could cost in excess of £112 as a result!
That seems perfectly reasonable to me. It's good that there will be cheaper prices for smaller games, allowing people who couldn't otherwise go to do so. Yeah, it means a few more plums at big games but that doesn't matter. The 40k season ticket holders should be the ones making enough noise to go round.

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

ElliotGooner wrote:Dont get your hopes up as at the Supporters Forum with Gazidis it was announced to us that a 10 to 20% increase in Cat A games will be introduced to be able to reduce tickets by the same amount for the new Cat C group of matches. For those who only attend the odd game at home to Wigan or Stoke then they will gain from it i.e. £24 adult tickets but a ticket for Man United at home could cost in excess of £112 as a result!
Exactly. The spin doctor will be at it again, plenty of people will see that as a positive thing but it all stinks of £££!
I only ever do the "shit" games when I go to the bowl so will save a few quid.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

"Last season AISA held three meetings with Arsenal to discuss the Club's ticketing policies. These meetings were constructive and detailed, and enabled us to feed into the Club's strategic review proposals from AISA members. One outcome of the review has now been decided by the Club for the 2012/2013 season.

Premier League matches at Emirates Stadium will be re-graded from two to three categories. Ticket prices for ‘C’ category matches will be on average 28% cheaper than last season. For example, a ticket in the north bank lower for the first home match against Sunderland on 18th August, will be priced at £25.50, compared to £35.00 last season.

Prices for ‘A’ category matches will increase on average by 23% e.g. a ticket in the north bank lower for the home match against Chelsea on 29th September will be priced at £62 compared to £51 last season. Prices for ‘B’ category matches will increase on average by 2% e.g. a ticket in the north bank lower for the home match against QPR on 27th October will be priced at £35.50 compared to £35 last season.
A joint statement has been agreed by AISA and the Arsenal Supporters' Trust:

"Lower prices for many Premier League home games is something that AISA and AST have been calling for. Today's announcement is an important step forward in enabling many supporters who have previously been unable to afford tickets to attend matches at The Emirates Stadium. We welcome this development and urge the club to continue to improve and develop its ticketing arrangements, building further on ideas that supporters have submitted."

AISA has long campaigned for ticket prices to be lowered for some categories. Since we were formed in 2000 this has been a key priority, and was one of the reasons we played such an active and significant part in achieving planning permission for the move from Highbury to The Emirates Stadium. The pledge to introduce adult ticket prices below £30 has now been fulfilled. Of course the most expensive Upper Tier ticket has now almost doubled since the move, and there are also Club Level tickets at previously unimaginable prices such as £250 per match.

AISA will continue working for improvements to Arsenal ticketing policies, including

- The annual discount that is offered to season-ticket holders needs to be increased

- For selected matches he Club should introduce a Loyalty/Family scheme that provides discounts for all season-ticket holders when purchasing additional tickets
- The Club should allow season-ticket holders to make payment in 4 instalments: 25% by 1 July, 25% by 1 September, 25% by 1 November, 25% by 1 January

- After 5 years membership at a particular level, supporters should have the option of changing their level of membership i.e. from platinum to gold, from gold to silver, or from silver to red.

- The refusal to allow discounts to seniors unless they move to the Family Enclosure continues to cause much distress and resentment. The Club should find a way to address this issue.

- A level of membership should be formally introduced for away season-ticket holders, and some benefits developed that recognise the key part that these supporters play in the long-term health of the Club.

- The Club should introduce a scheme that directly rewards season-ticket holders who attend every match

- The Club should develop an enhancement of the Ticket Exchange scheme that:
(a) provides greater incentive for supporters not attending to advertise their seats through the Exchange, and
(b) allows gold and platinum members to purchase additional tickets on the Exchange for selected matches

See more at http://www.arsenalindependent.co.uk/campaigns?id=799

The Club has also announced enhancements to the Ticket Exchange service to make it easier for season ticket holders who are unable to come to matches to sell their tickets online. Supporters will now be able to use the Ticket Exchange service to:

● Exchange tickets for Champions League matches (this excludes supporters who need to move through UEFA requirements)
● Use a new interactive seat map booking process. The booking process has been simplified for silver and red members.

The Club will also be launching a new service for supporters named ‘Ticket Transfer’, designed to make it easier for supporters to transfer their ticket to family and friends.

The new match categories announced to date are:

Category C 18th August SunderlandCategory C 15th September SouthamptonCategory A 29th September ChelseaCategory B 27th October Queens Park Rangers
Category B 10th November FulhamCategory A 17th November Tottenham HotspurCategory C 1st December Swansea CityCategory C 8th December West Bromwich AlbionCategory B 26th December West Ham UnitedCategory B 29th December Newcastle United
Champions League and FA Cup fixtures will be based on A and B pricing. Pricing for the Capital One Cup (formerly the Carling Cup) will be similar to previous seasons.

If you want to express a view about these changes, or raise any aspect of ticketing policy with us, please email [email protected]"

Block_5_Gooner

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

Lower tier CAT A up to £61

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Block_5_Gooner wrote:Lower tier CAT A up to £61
Positive hey? :lol:
Bunch of *word censored*, I'm not even surprised

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

i don't know to say... other than.. :blah: :blah:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

That's approx €145 at the moment :shock:

European aways are the way forward for me, €30-€40 for match tickets plus the flights and accommodation which I'd have to pay anyway.

Block_5_Gooner

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

So the club have lowered the lower tier prices for WBA, Sunderland, Soton & Swansea to £25.50. :barscarf: but.....

Yet raised the Cat A prices to £61. (Cat B also went up by .50p)
So all in all it's now MORE expencive to see the Arsenal per game! :banghead: :roll: What else did we expect?!

[edit] Cat A is £62! :roll:

Now official:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... g-approach

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

It seems to me what they give in one way is taken by another, they're never going to stop being money grabbing *word censored*, are they? :roll:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

so they are charging more to see ever greater shit.

You have to hand it to Stan Kroenke. I said last season that he would try and push it as far as he could with prices as it seems no matter what players we have,whatever matches cost that there are enough mugs amongst our supporters who will continue to attend.

I started boycotting category A PL games when we moved to the Emirates as I consider them to be a big rip off.
Unfortuantely people have continued to go to them though and so we see the increase today. Supply and demand and Kroenke wins again. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

126 quid top price ticket :shock: The end is nigh.