WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry is a Gooner

Re: WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... wn-7209784

Have a laugh at this arsekisser
Articles like this along with the moronic chanting of Theo Theo when he misses another sitter are part of the problem, he thinks he's made it & if he hears it enough who can blame him. I can't exactly see Wenger lambasting him for:

a. being caught offside too many times to mention
b. not making the obvious run off the shoulder of the defender
c. not tracking back
d. doing that pathetic little jog that winds me up something chronic
e. cutting inside every fucking time
f. trying to dribble past a defender when he obviously hasn't got a clue
g. pretending to get involved by dancing round the action
h. for standing on the touchline, square to the ball for a throw in
i. mis-timing his runs
j. nicking a living
k. not knocking the ball past the defender into space & running onto it
l. being a total passenger
m.not reading a quality Mesut through ball
n. not making a run to create space
o. pretending to be a centre forward
p. having the cheek to wear the no.14 shirt
......and finally q. staying loyal for 10 fucking years

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry is a Gooner wrote:

Articles like this along with the moronic chanting of Theo Theo when he misses another sitter are part of the problem, he thinks he's made it & if he hears it enough who can blame him. I can't exactly see Wenger lambasting him for:

a. being caught offside too many times to mention
b. not making the obvious run off the shoulder of the defender
c. not tracking back
d. doing that pathetic little jog that winds me up something chronic
e. cutting inside every fucking time
f. trying to dribble past a defender when he obviously hasn't got a clue
g. pretending to get involved by dancing round the action
h. for standing on the touchline, square to the ball for a throw in
i. mis-timing his runs
j. nicking a living
k. not knocking the ball past the defender into space & running onto it
l. being a total passenger
m.not reading a quality Mesut through ball
n. not making a run to create space
o. pretending to be a centre forward
p. having the cheek to wear the no.14 shirt
......and finally q. staying loyal for 10 fucking years
Here's a video for you to enjoy Henry http://player.arsenal.com/features/vide ... at-arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf:

from Arsenal .com - he has the most Arsenal goals in the squad
He has the most assists in the squad
He is the 2nd youngest player to make 100 appearances (premier league)
He has scored Arsenal fastest premier league goal

only he and Bergkamp have scored for Arsenal 10 years in a row. :roll:

Enjoy

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

what a load of bollox

james olley a scum fan but fair journo in the standard, wtote an artile too and said he has a long way to go and hasnt lived up to potential if you read between the lines

john cross is a complete moron

augie

Post by augie »

I couldn't even laugh at that article cos it is absolute f.ucking garbage and it makes my blood boil :evil: :evil: :censored:

Without doing any thinking I could name 15 much better wenker signings than wally, and yet this w.nker claims that he is his best ever signing :roll: :oops: John Cross you are an absolute dickhead and you are stealing a living if that is your idea of proper journalism

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

My replies in red.
Henry is a Gooner wrote:

a. being caught offside too many times to mention - He makes runs so it is bound to happen.
b. not making the obvious run off the shoulder of the defender - Not true at all, do you go to games or just watch on TV?
c. not tracking back - Again, simply not true.
e. cutting inside every time - Again, not true at all, often goes to byline and plays ball across goal.
f. trying to dribble past a defender when he obviously hasn't got a clue - Sometimes get caught, too often, but sometimes gets past them and does good dribbling runs.
g. pretending to get involved by dancing round the action - A myth.
h. for standing on the touchline, square to the ball for a throw in - Debatable.
i. mis-timing his runs - Not true. Makes great runs but team mates usually look for Sanchez.
j. nicking a living - Haterism.
k. not knocking the ball past the defender into space & running onto it - Err, if you read Augie then that is all he does lol.
l. being a total passenger - Runs hard.
m.not reading a quality Mesut through ball - Interplays well with other team mates.
n. not making a run to create space - Rubbish. Does this better than any of the rest of the team. Again, do you go to games or watch on TV? Because if you go you will see this happen.
o. pretending to be a centre forward - Good goals to games ratio as a striker.
p. having the cheek to wear the no.14 shirt - Should it have been retired in honour of the excellent but diva-ish Henry? The one who took £5M up front then left a year later?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

An answer for everything Quartz - anybody reading that would think we've got a world class player on our hands.

Henry is a Gooner

Sorry guys double post
Last edited by Henry is a Gooner on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Henry is a Gooner

QuartzGooner wrote:My replies in red.My replies in Green
Henry is a Gooner wrote:

a. being caught offside too many times to mention - He makes runs so it is bound to happen. However he shows a complete lack of awareness
b. not making the obvious run off the shoulder of the defender - Not true at all, do you go to games or just watch on TV? Frequently runs back towards his own goal when the space in front is obvious to see from my marvellopus view at the Grove, I'm a season ticket holder who does actually go, I know plenty who don't!!!
c. not tracking back - Again, simply not true.Half-hearted jogging back doesn't count
e. cutting inside every time - Again, not true at all, often goes to byline and plays ball across goal.Very rare these days
f. trying to dribble past a defender when he obviously hasn't got a clue - Sometimes get caught, too often, but sometimes gets past them and does good dribbling runs. Not good enough in my book
g. pretending to get involved by dancing round the action - A myth. FACT
h. for standing on the touchline, square to the ball for a throw in - Debatable. Have a look next time you're watching him live, do you go to games?? :wink:
i. mis-timing his runs - Not true. Makes great runs but team mates usually look for Sanchez. Frequently on his heels rather than arcing his runs and being on his toes, hence being caught offside
j. nicking a living - Haterism. Nice lad but over £100k a week- Unbelievable Jeff
k. not knocking the ball past the defender into space & running onto it - Err, if you read Augie then that is all he does lol. Doesn't fully exploit his pace
l. being a total passenger - Runs hard. The Opta stats prove that he covers less ground than his team mates
m.not reading a quality Mesut through ball - Interplays well with other team mates.Theo is on a totally different wavelength
n. not making a run to create space - Rubbish. Does this better than any of the rest of the team. Again, do you go to games or watch on TV? Because if you go you will see this happen. Yes Quartz I do go and unfortunately I'm surrounded by Theo lovers who have no idea how to play the game, he ball watches & will frequently stand around like a little boy lost
o. pretending to be a centre forward - Good goals to games ratio as a striker.

p. having the cheek to wear the no.14 shirt - Should it have been retired in honour of the excellent but diva-ish Henry? The one who took £5M up front then left a year later? Might have been a diva towards the end but what a player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TBH there is a lot that is likable about Feo; he is well spoken, polite, intelligent enough, a family man, avoids scandal in his private life, is apparently courteous and approachable to kid Gooners etc. I think that carries him a long way in the media's eyes too - particularly when compared to chavs like Giggs, Cashley A-Hole, Terry, Rooney etc.

But that doesn't make him a top footballer, which he isn't. He's an average to good-ish PL footballer IMHO, no more and no less.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

I am a season ticket holder and I can assure you, there are some games where Walcott is a passenger, calls only for balls he has no chance of getting and most moves break down when he is involved. United at home was him at his peak, bu FAR too many instances since of him being well below par.

He is ok, has moments of excellence - but his best role is one coming off the bench against a tired defence.

As DB10 seems like a nice guy, but if everyone if fit ( :lol:) he doesn't start.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:

TBH there is a lot that is likable about Feo; he is well spoken, polite, intelligent enough, a family man, avoids scandal in his private life, is apparently courteous and approachable to kid Gooners etc. I think that carries him a long way in the media's eyes too - particularly when compared to chavs like Giggs, Cashley A-Hole, Terry, Rooney etc.

But that doesn't make him a top footballer, which he isn't. He's an average to good-ish PL footballer IMHO, no more and no less.
Which is the reason he is the guy all too frequently used by our P.R department for the sound bites on Arse.com, ie we're going to do this and that, nobody in Europe will want to face us, we have learned lessons from our previous mistakes etc, etc, etc.
It's not his fault but would be better advised to stop the talk until such time as he has produced the goods on the pitch.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Henry is a gooner

We shall just have to disagree on a lot of points about Walcott.

As for Thierry Henry, I regard him as the best Arsenal player I have seen since I started going to games in the late 1970s.
But he was a diva!

Northbank123

I argue my point because I disagree with the points someone else has made.
I believe in what I write.

And somehow that is a crime?

It is what this place is for!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not a crime at all Quartz, would be boring if people on here didn't disagree with each other and voice their views.

It's just that you somehow managed to bat away every single criticism aimed at him. And let's be fair there were plenty :lol:

Henry is a Gooner

QuartzGooner wrote:Henry is a gooner

We shall just have to disagree on a lot of points about Walcott.

As for Thierry Henry, I regard him as the best Arsenal player I have seen since I started going to games in the late 1970s.
But he was a diva!

Northbank123

I argue my point because I disagree with the points someone else has made.
I believe in what I write.

And somehow that is a crime?

It is what this place is for!
Absolutely Quartz, one man's meat......

This is a place for healthy debate, like I've said there are plenty of Theo fans out there but it's my personal view that he will never be my first choice in our starting 11. I will concede to the fact the opposition set up differently when he plays, if nothing else this allows our more creative mid-fielders more space & time in the middle of the park.

I guess my response was prompted by your assumption that I was an armchair supporter, I can say that my frustration is borne out of focusing on his performances from the lofty position I've adopted in the upper tier week in & week out, whilst it lacks atmosphere it's a great place to watch the pattern of play.

As for Theo's performance off the pitch, from a corporate view, I can think of no better representative and he gets plenty of airtime as a result. I can personally vouch for his behaviour towards supporters. I met Theo when I bumped into the team leaving the hotel on the morning of the Newcastle away, he along with Santi, Alexis & Chambers were happy to sign autographs, sadly the rest of the squad were not so obliging.

Long may the debate continue

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Theo is about as useless as Gunnersaurus! At least they both keep younger supporters entertained :barscarf: