WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AJAAFC

WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by AJAAFC »

See they've got to RvP now...
Robin saying assists on the majority of his 28 Premier League goals in 2011 have come from Theo - Premier League official website says it's about 5 at most!

I really don't get how he cons the press into it...

After his display for England on Tuesday he was getting 7's and 8's out of 10 in papers for being - and I quote - "LIVELY"!

What the hell does that mean?

I watched him closely during the game and he was the same Theo we all know - illustrated by getting into good positions occaisionally THEN wasting the ball.

He made one decent move where he flicked on then cushion headed a 1-2 with Zamora. That's one contribution in the 60 odd minutes he was on the pitch!

He has his own journos to spread the gospel too:
Matt Law of the Express - this guy said Theo destoyed Ashley Cole at Stamford Bridge. Now I've watched the game three times. Theo beats Cole once with the ball, once without the ball and on THREE other occaisions that he interacts with Cole on the pitch - Cole disposseses him very easily. DESTROYED?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

You cant please some people :roll:

We all moan about the bad press Arsenal get and when one of our players get some good press there is moaning too :roll:

Like him or not Theo is one of ours - long may the press like him

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

As frustrating as he is, the last 2 years Theo has stepped up his game. Most of RVP's goals have come from a Theo assist.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

He has nice earrings too.

:twisted:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

walcott is now world class

his performances do need to get a bit more consistent but we are now talking about a player who has featured in wins over Barcelona and Spain this year.

I think his problem still is that he fades after about an hour. He is at his best at the start of a game.
therefore if Walcott starts then RVP must start as well. There is no point bringing RVP on after an hour when Walcott starts to get tired - as we saw in the game v Marseille. Far better to start them both and bring them both off after an hour when we should then be leading

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Red Member wrote:walcott is now world class
his performances do need to get a bit more consistent but we are now talking about a player who has featured in wins over Barcelona and Spain this year.

I think his problem still is that he fades after about an hour. He is at his best at the start of a game.
therefore if Walcott starts then RVP must start as well. There is no point bringing RVP on after an hour when Walcott starts to get tired - as we saw in the game v Marseille. Far better to start them both and bring them both off after an hour when we should then be leading
Im very optomistic with the Gunners as we know, but he is far from World Class!!!

He is still a bit of a drip!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:

Im very optomistic with the Gunners as we know, but he is far from World Class!!!

He is still a bit of a drip!
tell me about it- you were rating bendtner above him not so long ago. :shock: :wink:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

You're funny.

:twisted:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

whats your definition of world class then?

if you can beat the CL and World cup winners hw much better can you get? :?

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i'm not walcott's biggest fan, but the truth is that messi said more than once that walcott is one of the very few players barcelona fear, and i believe that that compliment and proof of his ability is worth much more than any of us holding our beers in front of the telly saying "nah, he is just rubbish".

his final ball and finishing still are a bit shite, but he is getting a bit better and his pace, though his only real quality, really gets him into good positions every match. he also works well defensively, better than gervinho and arshavin at least.

i would never ever play him as a striker like he and some people want though.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Red Member wrote:whats your definition of world class then?

Prick :roll: :fishing:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

True and not to forget Theo's contribution to the victories.
He was substituted before all the goals scored by Arsenal and England against Barca and Spain :D .

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:

True and not to forget Theo's contribution to the victories.
He was substituted before all the goals scored by Arsenal and England against Barca and Spain :D .
:lol:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

was substituted before all the goals scored by Arsenal and England against Barca and Spain
He scored against Barcelona and changed the game during the 2-2. He also set up Bendtner in the 4-1, and had he been put through by Diaby he would have scored.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

rigsby wrote:
was substituted before all the goals scored by Arsenal and England against Barca and Spain
He scored against Barcelona and changed the game during the 2-2. He also set up Bendtner in the 4-1, and had he been put through by Diaby he would have scored.
And showed astonishing skill and wisdom in falling over and bamboozling the Chelsea defense before scoring.

Thought it was obvious I was responding to a comment about players being world class just because they featured in a couple of wins against champion sides.