vanity threads

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

vanity threads

Post by the playing mantis »

why dont mods just delete the whole threads once they have been locked and satisfactorly responded on? its clear form past behaviours certain posters like the attention and only create such threads to gain said attention, especially when they have posted the exact same self imposed 'threat' to leave/be banned in the past i beleive.

i appreciate the irony of this post, considering what i am commenting on, but i find it annoying that after the slightest bit of crticism people get precious and seek some arse licking, with empty look at me threats.

HashKads

Re: vanity threads

Post by HashKads »

If we delete them, we get new threads or PM's saying 'why was my thread deleted?' etc. So easier to just lock it with a message why it was locked.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:why dont mods just delete the whole threads once they have been locked and satisfactorly responded on? its clear form past behaviours certain posters like the attention and only create such threads to gain said attention, especially when they have posted the exact same self imposed 'threat' to leave/be banned in the past i beleive.

i appreciate the irony of this post, considering what i am commenting on, but i find it annoying that after the slightest bit of crticism people get precious and seek some arse licking, with empty look at me threats.
Question asked.

HashKads wrote:If we delete them, we get new threads or PM's saying 'why was my thread deleted?' etc. So easier to just lock it with a message why it was locked.
Mod answers question. Why is this shit not locked??? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

isnt this technically a vanity thread? :rubchin: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

attention whore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Does it annoy anybody else that ages after a thread is locked the mods will come in and post on the thread thus bumping it up to the top of the page even those the rest of us can't comment ? If it is locked then let the fcuker die - I'd swear they do it to piss us mere mortals off :roll: :wink: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

augie wrote:Does it annoy anybody else that ages after a thread is locked the mods will come in and post on the thread thus bumping it up to the top of the page even those the rest of us can't comment ? If it is locked then let the fcuker die - I'd swear they do it to piss us mere mortals off :roll: :wink: :lol:

Not really augie.
One evening on here a mod persistently changed every post of mine. I wasn't offended, in fact I found it amusing.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Top Londoner wrote:
augie wrote:Does it annoy anybody else that ages after a thread is locked the mods will come in and post on the thread thus bumping it up to the top of the page even those the rest of us can't comment ? If it is locked then let the fcuker die - I'd swear they do it to piss us mere mortals off :roll: :wink: :lol:

Not really augie.
One evening on here a mod persistently changed every post of mine. I wasn't offended, in fact I found it amusing.
I think your sarcasm radar may be off pal...unless mines not working as well! :lol: :lol:

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

the playing mantis wrote:why dont mods just delete the whole threads once they have been locked and satisfactorly responded on? its clear form past behaviours certain posters like the attention and only create such threads to gain said attention, especially when they have posted the exact same self imposed 'threat' to leave/be banned in the past i beleive.

:coffeespit:

Oh the Irony! :wink: :lol:

Lock this sh1t down! Where's Flash when you need him? :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

8) :lol:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Especially that rubbish one about somebody apologising for their spelling................. :lol:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

skizz_b wrote:isnt this technically a vanity thread? :rubchin: :lol:

:lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I like vanity threads, i think it lets you into the mind of the thread starter.... You dont want to know what this says about you now playing mantis :? :shock: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

:D :D :D :D :D

sorry augie :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

i did comment on the irony of starting this thread whilst complaining about the very same in my OP!!!, so you cant call me up on that one!

the spelling one was valid..it poor grammar/syntax pees a lot of ppl off, just need to explain i cant be ar*ed to change it though!

i suppose they do flash good point...i retract my initial statement, i hadnt considered the psycho analysis usefulness of them :shock: