Which player has shit on us most in the wenger era

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who shat on us most

rvp
32%
cashley
39%
ade
24%
flamini
No votes
nasri
3%
overmars
2%
petit
No votes

Total votes: 59

armchair

Re: Which player has shit on us most in the wenger era

Post by armchair »

Greedy for me.
RVP has said publicly what a lot of us have been posting about on here for ages.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Agree with Donaldo:

1) Engineered his move
2) Ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of us.
3) Joined the spuds.
4) Joined the spuds again.

Those surely outweigh RVP treachery and then some.

Post by 1989 »

Dutch *word censored* for me. Nursed the treacherous piece of shit through years of constant injuries and when his contract was coming to an end he played out of his skin for himself not for us. He fucked off for more money and gave us the middle finger by going to that club after continually expressing his fake love for Arsenal. Played 1 full season in his 8 year Arsenal career and used it to attract interest from other clubs......mega *word censored*.

Also, the man is genuine scum. Ask Sandra Krijgsman.

augie

Post by augie »

Cashley without a shadow of fcuking doubt - the rest of those c**ts wouldn't have even come to England to ply their trade were it not for the gigantic wages on offer :roll: Mr tweedy was a different story though - this c**t came through the ranks, was one of our own and betrayed everything to illegally meet with the chav b*****ds behind our back as he searched for those extra roubles :evil: People say rvp now cos the wound is fresh but his "crime" def ranks behind that of cashley and the passenger from bus 101

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Vieira - 2 or 3 years he played the will I won't I go to Real Madrid game and not once did he come out and comment on it and put our minds at rest/let us know. For me, that was the real start of the bollocks with our players leaving.
Then add the fact that he turned down a coaching role with us to be a fat cat at City.......it has to be Paddy I'm afraid.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

There's a lot of hypocrisy around van Persie leaving, yes he handled it badly but he left for the reasons most of us are unhappy and his reasons were justified on Fri right at 23.01, his concerns were proved right.

Don't mean he shouldn't be hated though because the club were good to him but he certainly didn't leave for the money imo, if this club showed ambition like we all also want he would have stayed no mater what, once he decided to go he was right to chase the pound note.

Cesc gets an easy ride, he left the love of his life to join a dominant Arsenal because he knew he would get games then left when we became shit and they became a force and forced his move in a very sly way, yes it was his hometown club but he didn't give a shit about that when he had the chance to join a powerful Arsenal and didn't give a shit about the club once it became clear we had become shit.

They are all as bad as eachother.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree with Donaldo that what Adebayor did was realistically worse. You could never question RvP's commitment on the field (when fucking fit) but Adebayor didn't break sweat in his final season, then that celebration and going to Spurs would make him one of the most hated players in AFC history, but for the fact he's gone off the boil.

RvP's just hurts far more because in May every single Arsenal fan would have loved for him to stay, whereas Adebayor a lot were happy to get shot of. Plus, I think I speak for most fans when I say I know hundreds of gloating glory-hunting United prick 'fans' who are smug as fuck, and although RvP carried us for one season we carried him for six and a half.

Cole will always be a massive Judas but generally doesn't generate the same level of universal loathing as in the immediate aftermath of his move, because despite his disgusting motives and betrayal he has kept his head down and not done anything stupid like the Adebayor celebration. His departure was (very) slightly counterbalanced by the fact it was obviously coming for a while with the whole contract and tapping-up sagas, whereas I never thought RvP would go to United.

Although what the other two did was probably worse in reality, my vote has to go for RvP due to a combination of its recent nature, his ability and his lack of gratitude that any other club would have ditched him years ago.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

"They're all as bad as each other" seems a fair reflection to me.

van Persie will win the poll due to nothing more than being such recent history.

Some will say the winner of this poll should be the player who was at the club longest before ditching us for a direct rival, I would take the complete opposite view and say someone who used as a blatant stepping stone in the short term deserves much more vitriol.

It pains the shit out of me seeing van Persie at the Mancs, but I don't wish him death nor a broken leg, shockingly enough. :roll:

Adebayor and Nasri have kind of paled into insignificance already for just being another obvious mercenary, Cole and van Persie hurt far more because of their time at the club, but van Persie in particular I can't blame at all. Cole's just obviously a massive dickhead but barely worthy of contempt anymore, he's clearly had the last laugh by winning trophies. Let's hope van Persie doesn't get the same success post-Arsenal.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Chopper wrote:Agree with Donaldo:

1) Engineered his move
2) Ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of us.
3) Joined the spuds.
4) Joined the spuds again.

Those surely outweigh RVP treachery and then some.

Has to be Ade for me.
Above all it was the way he stopped trying after he got a pay rise.

Cole gave 100% on the pitch even after he had met with Chelsea, though it was not for many games.
Even now I just feel Cole was badly advised in terms of PR, but the truth is he left got better paid, and won loads of trophies. Exactly what a player should do in a successful career, but a shame that a lifelong Arsenal fan had to do it.

Have no problem with Overmars or Petit.

Never had any deep "bond" with Flamini, he gave 100% in his last season so do not feel anything about him.

Nasri comes across as arrogant, but I never really felt he was a Gooner and we got good money for a player who gave us seven good months over three seasons.

RvP was a pratt in the way he left, but he said what was on the minds of a lot of this Forum. Just think it was tasteless the way he said it.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Its a toss up between RVP and Ade for me, a few years ago i would have said Cole but at least the guy has done something with his career unlike Adebayor. The thing that pissed me off about RVP is how he said he was a true fan and in the same breath turns around and joins United. No true fan would ever do that, he was at the club long enough to know how much we hate them and vice versa and to turn around and join them is a giant smack in the face. part of me is pissed off to that the club didnt do sall they could to keep him.

As for Adebayor, the guy is a gobshite. As others have mentioned, gets a pay rise and does fuck all and now it seems his only goal in life is the piss of Arsenal and the fans. Scores against us, runs the length of the pitch :roll: CAnt get on the City team, joins spurs and does it twice for good measure :banghead:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

What exactly did Petit and Overmars do to deserve to be put on your list?

Flaming joined us on a free and left us on a free, so surely we cannot complain about that?

Bizarre you have decided Cesc doesn't deserve a place - for months he engineered his move, allowed his Spain teammates to put a Barca shirt on him, effectively went on strike for months and didn't play for us claiming to be injured until his move was secured and went to watch F1 rather than be at our home game!

At least Nasri played and gave his all against Liverpool before his move to City.

Can't stand Cole but he always performed for us on the pitch.

Adebayor was lazy and uninterested on the pitch before he left. Add his behaviour after leaving us - running the length of the pitch and sliding on his knees at Eastlands then joining Sp*rs say no more.

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

Ade by some distance. Started well, doubled his wages, developed a massive ego, got very lazy, fecked off.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the hatred for RVP is already embarassing, since when united were our most hated rivals I don't know....

cashley was one of us, RVP wasn't .

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Cole - one of our own

Adebayor - shat on us after doubling his money and giving half the effort then that celebration :x

RVP - joining united was his downfall but apart from that gave his all while he played for us and can understand his want to leave Arsene FC

in that order

REB

Post by REB »

there all gobshites but adebayor is the biggest .