Sagna next to go???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Sagna next to go???

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Anyone seen some of his quotes from today?

Seems very disillusioned at the club and is approaching the 1 year left period while no one has spoken to him about a new deal.

Gunnersaurus

Re: Sagna next to go???

Post by Gunnersaurus »

From Matt Spiro‏@mattspiro

Sagna in L'Equipe: 'Everyone knew Robin was leaving. But Alex? He's 24. He had 3 yrs on contract. I still dont understand. He's a huge loss'

Sagna: 'When 2 best players go, you ask questions. Fans come up in street, I understand frustration. Like them I dont understand everything'

Sagna: 'I'm the only starting player left from 2007. In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir & Gael lift the trophy. I want that'

L'Equipe: Were Nasri/Clichy right to leave? Sagna: 'Yes, but we didn't know then.' What's your situation: 'I've 1 yr left at end of season'

Sagna is asked by L'Equipe if the club have spoken to him about extending his contract: 'No, nobody'

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Lets face it we havent many stars to sell anymore. Cazorla and Podolski if they do the business in a couple of years but there is a real dirth of world class talent this season now RVP has gone and Cesc the year before. Sagna is one of the few players we could get money for, therefore he's off next summer

Arsene knows :barscarf:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Interesting one this Gunnersaurus I readthe l'Equipe interview.
It's quite sad really, he's the only one left from the 2007 lot. Jesus. He wants to win trophies. Hope Wenger reads that interview!
I said this before and I will repeat it, the club deliberately lets players run down their contracts and then sells them as a matter of policy. RVP, Walcott, now Sagna? He has a year left and no one has spoken to him about a deal.
Sagna is a quality player, not world class but excellent none the less, it's pathetic that the likes of Djourou have their extensions and he does not. Absolutely pathetic.
Ah wll never mind, Jenkinson can replace him and then we coan look forward to an army of cultists telling us 'Sagna is mediocre anyways'
:roll:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

We have seriously got out of jail free with Jenkinson in the last few games. I know he suffers from injury but Sagna is class and so important to us. It feels like we make a step forward and 2 back.
Not extended his contract is criminal. I dont understand Arsenal at the moment.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I agree with your theory about letting the players go into their final year, it then becomes justified to cash in otherwise we would be more angry than we already are about selling our best players, it ties their hands which is a win win for asset stripping.

This is a multi million pound business, the 'small details' like contracts can't be overlooked year on year where players are allowed to get into a position of power unless the club do it purposely for their own gain.

Either that or the club really are run by clowns.

Sagna, hmm, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out, his comments are non offensive more stating the obvious, he's getting on now and has won nothing, ok he's had 2 leg breaks recently but up until then he's been consistent and deserves to be in a winning team.

It is a sad situation, reality it is sinking in at the club but it seems no one inside the club gives a shit as PHW confirmed (but we already knew)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Not really good business to extend his contract until he starts playing again so I can understand it for once .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:From Matt Spiro‏@mattspiro

Sagna in L'Equipe: 'Everyone knew Robin was leaving. But Alex? He's 24. He had 3 yrs on contract. I still dont understand. He's a huge loss'

Sagna: 'When 2 best players go, you ask questions. Fans come up in street, I understand frustration. Like them I dont understand everything'

Sagna: 'I'm the only starting player left from 2007. In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir & Gael lift the trophy. I want that'

L'Equipe: Were Nasri/Clichy right to leave? Sagna: 'Yes, but we didn't know then.' What's your situation: 'I've 1 yr left at end of season'

Sagna is asked by L'Equipe if the club have spoken to him about extending his contract: 'No, nobody'
One thing I have learned from these quotes is that Sagna knows fuck all about football! :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:Not really good business to extend his contract until he starts playing again so I can understand it for once .
I know our medical team is shit but surely they can tell how an injury will come along or how its currently doing, therefore unless Sagna is about to retire due to the injury he could be offered a new deal?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Sagna, Walcott, Ox, Willshire take your pick, if the money's right or the player wants it bad enough we will sell sell sell. Cos that's what we are a selling club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well we signed him as a relative unknown, he's now one of the best full backs around entering his peak years, he wants to win trophies and he's won nothing, he's an established international footballer, and we've seen him suffer long term injuries at the club. Of course we're going to sell him that's the model.

Sagna out, Carl Jenkinson takes over - the never ending youth project continues. Sagna joins a big club and wins several trophies in the next 5 years.

In similar news feeds - "Bear Shits in Woods", "Greece may face Eurozone exit", "Scientists prove that night follows day"

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

He's been Mr Consistency at Arsenal.By far the best RB in the country.He has seen nearly every player with the exception of Greedy win trophies when they have left.So he's offski

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Another player who will probably be eventually be cast as ungrateful :censored: , after all, who was Sagna before he came to Arsenal?!

How many players will it take to say there is a problem before some fans, the manager and the board realise there actually is a problem?

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

donaldo wrote:He's been Mr Consistency at Arsenal.By far the best RB in the country.He has seen nearly every player with the exception of Greedy win trophies when they have left.So he's offski
Not strictly true Donald.
Greedy won the Copa Del Rey with Real Madrid! :oops:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

How long do you lot give it before a swift denial is issued, claiming it was 'lost in translation'? :roll:
Oh dear Arsene they're all turning on you now...