Why am I surprised

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Re: Why am I surprised

Post by I Hate Hleb »

flash gunner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:See they're offering a free 'medallion' for every £50 spent in the club shop. On Saturday I saw some bloke coming out of the club shop grinning ear to ear with 4 such medallions hanging around his neck, felt for the bloke.
An olympic hero then huh!? :wink:
Haha well he wasn't in a wheelchair so he was either a keen merchandise collector or a fraud!
Wheelchair-ist :roll: :wink:

Actually the accusation should be 'able-bodyist' as he's implying that the only way you should be allowed to be around the stadium with 4 medals is if you've won them at the Olympics whilst in a wheelchair!! :banghead: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

56231. Hlebby.

:lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Was just confirming that I wasn't mistaking David Weir for a mug :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

northbank123 wrote:Was just confirming that I wasn't mistaking David Weir for a mug :lol:
How? :rubchin: Did you try putting a tea bag and boiling hot water on our olympic hero ? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

greengooner wrote:That the AFC online shopping game is a complete rip-off, on a wave of optimism after Pod's performance yesterday I finally gave in to my oldests demands for the new home kit complete with number nine and name. Priced it on the website and gave up in disgust when the total had reached 53 quid before adding postage which would be at least another tenner, sixty plus notes for an eight year olds kit!
Got in the car and went to Derry, forty mins drive but worth it, got it for 39 pounds!, 21 pounds cheaper
F**k off AFC online
To be fair, the club has gas bills to pay and at least 5 luxury restaurants to run. And as they kindly didnt force a 6.5% increase on the regular ST tickets this summer to cover the costs then I can only assume this is how they have decided to deal with the outrageous demands of the utility companies.

All this online stuff is a far cry from the days of the little club shop and getting your stuff in a brown paper bag after being served by Jack Kelsey :lol:

Am I right in thinking we had to pay extra for the JVC to be put on the shirt too? I dont buy shirts anymore but if I still did I'd love the option of getting one without sponsors name plastered all over the front.