Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

All those ones that come and sit next to you and want to be your best mate, asking questions and telling you stories about their Friday night or Saturday night.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Most annoying fans are tottenham,mancs,stoke,and west aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Most annoying fans are tottenham,mancs,stoke,and west aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
8)

Especially the scum and the murdering Wham kúnts. :evil:

Clash

Post by Clash »

My worst experience ever in a football ground - Selhurst Park on a packed terrace 20 odd years ago. Think we were playing Wimbledon (but could have been Palace or Charlton). Anyway … a crisp winter day, early into the 1st half a couple of dozen or so of us realised we'd had the misfortune of standing in the vicinity of quite possibly the most flatulent and toxic man in Europe at that time. He was potent and he was deadly. I cannot describe how bad it was – to say it was acrid doesn’t do it justice! For ages nobody knew who the culprit was, but what he was producing just kept coming ... one after another. It was too crowded to move and got so bad people were covering their face with their coats. We must have looked like Ultras to the CCTV people. Eventually the fiend was identified and pointed out by his mates. With no hint of shame or remorse he revelled in letting everyone know it wasn’t his fault as the night before he’d been served a bit of ‘’off fish’’. Upon hearing the words ‘off fish’ people began wretching and gagging. It was so bad and lingered for so long you could taste it. I can remember it even now … in fact I wish Id never come into this bloody thread and been reminded because I feel sick!

These days we often get a different people around us. The Season tickets must get shared out there.

At the end of the 2011 season (the 6% you’re having a laugh game) I had a guy who must have been at his first ever game because his enthusiasm was well out of place for such a morbid occasion. A meaningless end of season game can be depressing but its far worse with someone grabbing your shoulder in anticipation every time Arsenal get near the opposition goal. To be quite honest, in that particular game, I couldn’t have given have given any less of a fuck if we scored or not so it was really bloody irritating.

One of the first seasons at The Emirates, just about every fucking game the woman who sat behind me would pour most of her drink away. This was always before I got there because she was one of these extra early people. The problem was she never poured it away in her own space – always so it ran down to form a puddle in front of my seat. A puddle of cold coffee on concrete creates a real sickly smell. I had a right go at her one time when she left such a mess that I literally had to keep my feet off the ground when I sat down. I felt a bit bad so tried to lighten the mood at the end of the game by joking that Id bring flippers next time. She wasn’t amused. Didn’t see her back there again the following season and havent seen her since. The bitch!

Made the mistake of being polite to a West Brom fan early on in a game once and paid the price as he bored me to tears for the next 75 mins. The thick Brummie accent didn’t help matters or the fact he was a qualified ref as people who are refs (sweeping statement alert) invariably have no personality or sense of humour. He also he told me he nearly died on his only previous visit to London. Totally unrelated to football but he just wouldn’t shut up once he'd started. I thought to myself - you keep this up man and you wont be making it out of this city alive this time!

Hate having a go at anyone for standing but had this teenager in front of me for a spell last season who would jump up for no reason whatsoever about 20 times per game. Always things nobody else in the ground jumped up for so you could never anticipate when he was gonna do it. Up and down in less than 2 seconds, shouting ‘Oiii’ about something random only he'd spotted. He was like a hyperactive Jack-in-the-Box and by the end of a game I usually wanted him dead.

And then there was a guy behind me who when chanting THEO THEO THEO would release a bit of spit by overdoing the THHH bit. The spit would invariably land on the back of my neck. I cant stand Walcott or the hero worship he attracts so the sensation of spit landing on me, plus it being for this reason and for this player, naturally made my blood boil.

Had a regular latecomer appear 5 or 10 mins into the game (making us get up to let him through) doing the dual hot dog balancing act as he took an age to get to his seat. Both hot dogs smeared in ketchup and onions of course, creating the kind of smell you cant block out when its near. The club ban smoking but not this! Give me a smoker anytime over someone stuffing their fat face. And why cant these people eat before the game? Do they normally wait to eat till after 3pm on a Saturday? Cant they possibly just go 90mins without food? And of course when it seemed he had finally finished scoffing ... out would come the fucking crisps he had in his jacket !

Most of these are Emirates experiences ... although I did sit within earshot of a bloke at Highbury once who was organising a kids party on his mobile during a game. Phoning kids parents during the game and ordering balloons etc. One call after another!

And I havent seen him for ages but there used to be a guy who would stand and do the 'crossbow' gesture thing pointing at the away fans! Not annoying as such but not sure what he was trying to achieve haha!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash - the happy bastard of the forum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

[quote="Clash"]My worst experience ever in a football ground - Selhurst Park on a packed terrace 20 odd years ago. Think we were playing Wimbledon (but could have been Palace or Charlton). Anyway … a crisp winter day, early into the 1st half a couple of dozen or so of us realised we'd had the misfortune of standing in the vicinity of quite possibly the most flatulent and toxic man in Europe at that time. He was potent and he was deadly. I cannot describe how bad it was – to say it was acrid doesn’t do it justice! For ages nobody knew who the culprit was, but what he was producing just kept coming ... one after another. It was too crowded to move and got so bad people were covering their face with their coats. We must have looked like Ultras to the CCTV people. Eventually the fiend was identified and pointed out by his mates. With no hint of shame or remorse he revelled in letting everyone know it wasn’t his fault as the night before he’d been served a bit of ‘’off fish’’. Upon hearing the words ‘off fish’ people began wretching and gagging. It was so bad and lingered for so long you could taste it. I can remember it even now … in fact I wish Id never come into this bloody thread and been reminded because I feel sick!

quote]

I actually remember that! If I remember right was my first season I started going away games as a youngster.

It was Wimbledon! I remember as me and my mates were all taking the piss the whole way home on the train calling each other and random commuters fish! 1 Asian guy wasn’t too impressed and followed us off the train at Gants hill to “make us call our parents”

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

DB10GOONER wrote:Clash - the happy bastard of the forum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Augie's got a rival! :shock:

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

I have a couple of stories.

One isn't so much annoying as it was mystifying. Last season when we thumped the Sp*rs at home there was an Eastern European couple who sat next to me instead of the regular season ticket holders. Now they didn't say a word all game despite wearing Arsenal shirts, in fact they didn't even seem to be watching the game, they then left with 15 minutes to go despite the scoreline! A few people tried getting them to stay but they just shook their head. I don't know what the fuck was going on.

The other was at the 0-0 draw with Sunderland, me and Dad went to get some water during half time and there was a guy in front of us who started hurling abuse at the person on the till because a pizza slice and a beer cost £10! Now I hate the prices as much as anyone, but then get something to eat before you go in, and don't take it out on the till people, they don't exactly have any power. :roll:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

I remember this one guy who really got on me tits a few seasons ago at Sunderland away. It was one of those freezing November northern games that Arsenal love oh so much. I think it was 1-0 them with Bent scoring, and all in all a general piss poor performance by the team.

But their was this one guy next to me who spent The entire game giving it “your facking shit song, what the fack are ya doing playing football”, Eduardo you Muppet, you’re a facking discrase”, “Fabregas you *word censored*, why don’t you fack off back to spain” etc.

Im not exaggerating, everytime an arsenal player touched the ball the sentence that followed involved the words *word censored*, muppet or shit.

After about 70 mins I eventually lost my rag with this chump and told him their was plenty of space available in the home end if he wanted to experience a different perspective on his clear hatred of Arsenal. He went “facking” mental at me saying I was a plastic fan and I should shut my mouth as I didn’t know what I was talking about, and fack off you *word censored*, Ive paid good money for this and can say what I like.

I know were all entitled to the odd groan and moan at a game, especially when the Chamster or Eboue are/were playing, but I have no time for people who spend all of their energies and time vocally digging out the team as a whole. Why not just sit at home and shout at your telly, and not spend good money like the gentleman told me?

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Clash wrote:My worst experience ever in a football ground - Selhurst Park on a packed terrace 20 odd years ago. Think we were playing Wimbledon (but could have been Palace or Charlton). Anyway … a crisp winter day, early into the 1st half a couple of dozen or so of us realised we'd had the misfortune of standing in the vicinity of quite possibly the most flatulent and toxic man in Europe at that time. He was potent and he was deadly. I cannot describe how bad it was – to say it was acrid doesn’t do it justice! For ages nobody knew who the culprit was, but what he was producing just kept coming ... one after another. It was too crowded to move and got so bad people were covering their face with their coats. We must have looked like Ultras to the CCTV people. Eventually the fiend was identified and pointed out by his mates. With no hint of shame or remorse he revelled in letting everyone know it wasn’t his fault as the night before he’d been served a bit of ‘’off fish’’. Upon hearing the words ‘off fish’ people began wretching and gagging. It was so bad and lingered for so long you could taste it. I can remember it even now … in fact I wish Id never come into this bloody thread and been reminded because I feel sick!

These days we often get a different people around us. The Season tickets must get shared out there.

At the end of the 2011 season (the 6% you’re having a laugh game) I had a guy who must have been at his first ever game because his enthusiasm was well out of place for such a morbid occasion. A meaningless end of season game can be depressing but its far worse with someone grabbing your shoulder in anticipation every time Arsenal get near the opposition goal. To be quite honest, in that particular game, I couldn’t have given have given any less of a fuck if we scored or not so it was really bloody irritating.

One of the first seasons at The Emirates, just about every fucking game the woman who sat behind me would pour most of her drink away. This was always before I got there because she was one of these extra early people. The problem was she never poured it away in her own space – always so it ran down to form a puddle in front of my seat. A puddle of cold coffee on concrete creates a real sickly smell. I had a right go at her one time when she left such a mess that I literally had to keep my feet off the ground when I sat down. I felt a bit bad so tried to lighten the mood at the end of the game by joking that Id bring flippers next time. She wasn’t amused. Didn’t see her back there again the following season and havent seen her since. The bitch!

Made the mistake of being polite to a West Brom fan early on in a game once and paid the price as he bored me to tears for the next 75 mins. The thick Brummie accent didn’t help matters or the fact he was a qualified ref as people who are refs (sweeping statement alert) invariably have no personality or sense of humour. He also he told me he nearly died on his only previous visit to London. Totally unrelated to football but he just wouldn’t shut up once he'd started. I thought to myself - you keep this up man and you wont be making it out of this city alive this time!

Hate having a go at anyone for standing but had this teenager in front of me for a spell last season who would jump up for no reason whatsoever about 20 times per game. Always things nobody else in the ground jumped up for so you could never anticipate when he was gonna do it. Up and down in less than 2 seconds, shouting ‘Oiii’ about something random only he'd spotted. He was like a hyperactive Jack-in-the-Box and by the end of a game I usually wanted him dead.

And then there was a guy behind me who when chanting THEO THEO THEO would release a bit of spit by overdoing the THHH bit. The spit would invariably land on the back of my neck. I cant stand Walcott or the hero worship he attracts so the sensation of spit landing on me, plus it being for this reason and for this player, naturally made my blood boil.

Had a regular latecomer appear 5 or 10 mins into the game (making us get up to let him through) doing the dual hot dog balancing act as he took an age to get to his seat. Both hot dogs smeared in ketchup and onions of course, creating the kind of smell you cant block out when its near. The club ban smoking but not this! Give me a smoker anytime over someone stuffing their fat face. And why cant these people eat before the game? Do they normally wait to eat till after 3pm on a Saturday? Cant they possibly just go 90mins without food? And of course when it seemed he had finally finished scoffing ... out would come the fucking crisps he had in his jacket !

Most of these are Emirates experiences ... although I did sit within earshot of a bloke at Highbury once who was organising a kids party on his mobile during a game. Phoning kids parents during the game and ordering balloons etc. One call after another!

And I havent seen him for ages but there used to be a guy who would stand and do the 'crossbow' gesture thing pointing at the away fans! Not annoying as such but not sure what he was trying to achieve haha!
Sorry but I was thinking the same about you :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MutleyGooner wrote:
Clash wrote:My worst experience ever in a football ground - Selhurst Park on a packed terrace 20 odd years ago. Think we were playing Wimbledon (but could have been Palace or Charlton). Anyway … a crisp winter day, early into the 1st half a couple of dozen or so of us realised we'd had the misfortune of standing in the vicinity of quite possibly the most flatulent and toxic man in Europe at that time. He was potent and he was deadly. I cannot describe how bad it was – to say it was acrid doesn’t do it justice! For ages nobody knew who the culprit was, but what he was producing just kept coming ... one after another. It was too crowded to move and got so bad people were covering their face with their coats. We must have looked like Ultras to the CCTV people. Eventually the fiend was identified and pointed out by his mates. With no hint of shame or remorse he revelled in letting everyone know it wasn’t his fault as the night before he’d been served a bit of ‘’off fish’’. Upon hearing the words ‘off fish’ people began wretching and gagging. It was so bad and lingered for so long you could taste it. I can remember it even now … in fact I wish Id never come into this bloody thread and been reminded because I feel sick!

:lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

MutleyGooner wrote:
Haha that's a fair point! Believe it or not that was the edited version! :)

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Clash wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:
A belated welcome to the forum mate 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

MutleyGooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:

Thanks very much mate !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

MutleyGooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:
What ever happened to the presents you used to give to new members of the forum? :lol: