Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Thought we could have a rant thread for annoying fuckwits we have had the misfortune to meet during games.

Im sure we can share some fucked up and funny tales.

As its fresh will start it off with what happened Saturday against Soton

Myself and a few regulars on here were at the game on Saturday in block 6. As most know this block is standing and the so called loud corner of the grove. Its no terrace but as of late its improved due to many of us being located together and a few seat moves.

Ive seen many rows unfold in this block and drunken debates about all sorts of things but never have I been involved or seen anything like the utter twat in the row infront.

After the 3rd goal everyone was celebrating and generally being very happy jumping about , all the normal kind of behaviour. During the celebration as the players and the fans were all enjoying the moment, this twat turns around to me and starts shouting. As we had scored I thought he was being happy so I told him “we are going to destroy these fella” He was fucking angry to say the least and told me, that during the 3 goal celebrations I had knocked into him and that I should fuck off!

I then told him that we had just scored a fucking goal to which he replied I don’t give a fuck and not to knock into him. At this point I was not happy and a few mates split it all up and I stood in the row behind. The same guy remained motionless during every other goal , never joined in with any chant and then left with 9 minutes to go.

This was a tame game and I just hope we doesn’t turn up for any big game. Last season he would have had a heart attack at Scum,Chav,Millan,Citeh,Newcastle when seats were broken and people grabbing hold of anyone in sight!

goonersid

Re: Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

Post by goonersid »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Thought we could have a rant thread for annoying fuckwits we have had the misfortune to meet during games.

Myself and a few regulars on here were at the game on Saturday in block 6. As most know this block is standing and the so called loud corner of the grove. Its no terrace but as of late its improved due to many of us being located together and a few seat moves.

Ive seen many rows unfold in this block and drunken debates about all sorts of things but never have I been involved or seen anything like the utter twat in the row infront.

After the 3rd goal everyone was celebrating and generally being very happy jumping about , all the normal kind of behaviour. During the celebration as the players and the fans were all enjoying the moment, this twat turns around to me and starts shouting. As we had scored I thought he was being happy so I told him “we are going to destroy these fella” He was fucking angry to say the least and told me, that during the 3 goal celebrations I had knocked into him and that I should fuck off!

I then told him that we had just scored a fucking goal to which he replied I don’t give a fuck and not to knock into him. At this point I was not happy and a few mates split it all up and I stood in the row behind. The same guy remained motionless during every other goal , never joined in with any chant and then left with 9 minutes to go.

This was a tame game and I just hope we doesn’t turn up for any big game. Last season he would have had a heart attack at Scum,Chav,Millan,Citeh,Newcastle when seats were broken and people grabbing hold of anyone in sight!
You sound like one Mikey, can't you just sit and enjoy the game. :roll: :wink:

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

goonersid wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:Thought we could have a rant thread for annoying fuckwits we have had the misfortune to meet during games.

You sound like one Mikey, can't you just sit and enjoy the game. :roll: :wink:

Haha the whole block stands though!

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I don't understand one thing from mikey's post

how did that guy get into block 6?

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Red Member wrote:I don't understand one thing from mikey's post

how did that guy get into block 6?
ticket exchange, mates season ticket or he might be a new st holder. To be fair to the club they do warn people who want to go there in advance. Last season we had 2 guys right next to us who didnt like it but were nice guys. They bought me a beer and said they had fun but prefer to sit down.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Greek guy, sits 4 rows behind us. With almost metronomic timing starts shouting ''fakkin sort it aht arsenal'' if we are not 8 nil up after 2 minutes.
:cussing:

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Another one is our very own AA23 / Bacon Sarnie eater / Simon Richard.

Who after years of going the grove he still insists on bringing his fucking camera and taking pictures of the players warming up and more annoyingly us!
And yes his camera not even his phone (he has an iphone) so why the need for a camera I don’t know

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not an annoying fan but I always remember the Liverpool cup final and amongst everybody going mental our mate accidentally spilling Coke all down the guy in front when Freddy scored, and the bloke brushing off any apologies because everybody was so buzzing. Fast forward to final whistle and the guy was struggling to comprehend how we'd been robbed of the Cup with the dawning realisation that his clothes were absolutely saturated with Coke. Depressing.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

There was a thread a while ago I recall about a couple of 'old skool' arsenal boys who like to give it the big one to other arsenal fans.

Acting hard to young lads for wearing colours, or not singing loud enough etc! Pretty pointless an sad to be honest

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i think people who clearly don't want to be there are the most annoying, went a couple of years ago and next to me was a young asian couple, the lad was alright, but i presume he's girlfriend spent the whole game, looking down texting on her blackberry

also what is it with people who take books to football matches,

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Many years back, came out of Coventry's ground, as usual there were almost as many Gooners as home fans.....just as we came out, the guy with the cannon tattoo on his cheek starting getting in the face of an old boy with his son/grandson, trying to goad him. Fucking embarrassing.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

big ginger twat behind me on the Clockend from about 1999 onwards to about 2003 - always late and drunk or coked up, would always sing on his own "sarf landan Arsenaaal" or "bang on yer head with a baseball bat, oh yeah..." at every game.

always used to give it the big one to the away fans ( die of cancer etc...) until some dude up the back told him to STFU. after some verbals including being called a *word censored* the other guy called him a wanker and he went apoleptic and made a real big show of sorting him out at half time.

half time came, no movement.

i never saw him again after that final whistle.

I always imagined he went down Millwall after that with exactly the same results.... :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In the last couple of the years in the North Bank Upper it was often frequented by (East Asian) tourists who would just gab throughout the game and take photos on cameras with such long lenses they'd be poking you in the back of the head.

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

in block 6 on Saturday and had the pleasure to stand all game and paid £25 for it, which was a great result. However the dicks standing behind me talking about shopping, what they're having for dinner, fifa 2013 and other bullshit did my fucking head in. Then one of them got a copy of the sun out and started to read it, fucking weirdos ! :banghead:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Bloke who once came up to me after going out of the Champions League one year at Wembley called me a "part time fan."
Because I had brought a woman to the game.
Tough on you, high cholesterol Phil Mitchell sweaty face lookalike have to use brass cos you get no women fatso.

A bloke last season sitting behind me talked all game about how he had tried unsuccessfully to chat up an Australian lap dancer and then at the end of the game complained to his mate, 'This Arteta, what a waste of money, does nothing that Denilson didn't do, why did we get rid of Denilson?"

And worst of the lot, Fat Micky who after having pissed on his friend's leg in the away end at WHL grabbed my banner and used it to wipe up the urine.
Have an image of that banner forlornly lying on a pee soaked terrace at the end of the game.

But tip my hat to a bloke who was a row behind me at 1993 Cup Final Replay who in injury time says to me "If anyone can, Canon can" at which point Lineghan scored the winner.
Saw him at Highbury the next season and he remembered me, said the same thing, though this time nothing happened!