Time to Stand Up? AGM and fan discontent

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Reg Niseth

Time to Stand Up? AGM and fan discontent

Post by Reg Niseth »

Anyone going along to make their feelings known?

arseofacrow

Re: AGM Thursday 25th October, 11am

Post by arseofacrow »

Can't make it mate..in another country.

But if anyone by proxy wants to make it known from me to them what a rotten bunch of :censored: s they are, then I'd be grateful.

:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

C**ts dont give a flying fcuk how we the fans feel :evil: :evil: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The fact that they can get away with having all questions submitted in advance is a fcuking outrage :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I think thats standard AGM practice

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

I didnt know their was an AGM next week. Now all this talk of a january 'war chest super signing' makes perfect sense. Timing.

tel

Post by tel »

No point in attending, all questions vetted and only nice fans allowed.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Not a shareholder.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Yes I'll be about for this 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What's the point?

In case anyone didn't realise we have a 66% controlling shareholder that can make all the decisions he wants without reference to anyone

Stop buying tickets and merchandise and actually take a step to ruining the tosser's business model and he might take notice rather than accepting a bunch of pre-planted questions that allow Smugmeister Gazidis to patronise everyone with his answers

goonertux

Protest Time, Anyone?

Post by goonertux »

Is there anything we can do to show the club we have had enough? Plainly obvious the board is just coasting along, ripping off the fans, while serving up 2nd rate football, from players who mostly just don't seem to give a shit? There are exceptions, of course, and odd days when an average player will excel, but overall, the place stinks! I took my son on the tour of the stadium in the Summer, and it actually saddened me. All the glitz and polish behind the scenes, served up with unbelievable propaganda, just can't hide the fact that we are a mess. I was a regular punter at Highbury but I can't afford to go regularly anymore, due to some of the highest prices in Europe, so just take my son to League Cup games, where the atmosphere is ok, if a little false, due to the high proportion of kids in the stadium. But what is the atmosphere like at league games? Do us doubters have a voice? Or is it all rosy in the garden? The tourist proportion of the crowd are just glad to be there so won't have a voice, but what about us 'old-timers' who want our club back? Are we heard, and if not what can we do about it?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Protest Time, Anyone?

Post by officepest »

Never happen mate. 'Realists' are far outnumbered by 'AKB' I'm afraid. :banghead:

Have a look at the BSM, that's probably your best bet.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

officepest wrote:Never happen mate. 'Realists' are far outnumbered by 'AKB' I'm afraid. :banghead:

What's the BSM?

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

goonertux wrote:
officepest wrote:Never happen mate. 'Realists' are far outnumbered by 'AKB' I'm afraid. :banghead:

What's the BSM?
Black Scarf Movement

http://www.wherehasourarsenalgone.co.uk/

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Before you know it there'll be another banner :D

Yes, there is something that can be done - stop handing over your money every bloody week and let the business model crumble around Kroenke. Or you can join a protest group, write a few letters, have a nice coffee with uncle Ivan where he'll tell how he's got your best interests at heart and how determined they are to make the club competitive, go on some pointless march that will have a nil impact.

The choices are that simple

Dan_85 had the best idea, borrowed from one of the foreign clubs, that everyone boycotts a game and actually turns up outside to publically embarrass the goons that are killing our club and making us a laughing stock amongst our rivals. Yes, Arsenal FC, a club that now gets mocked by Coventry and Norwich fans for selling its best players. How to destroy 100 years of history in seven years - genius work

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

As much as I agree with the point of a protest, now is the wrong time. Just off the back of an embarrassing defeat, we'd be slated in the papers and the AKB "Real fans" will be praised for their patience.