Time to Stand Up? AGM and fan discontent

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Time to Stand Up? AGM Thursday 25th October, 11am

Post by augie »

A big well done and thanks to skizz for the updates 8)

Kudo's to those who grilled gazidas and the rest of the board BUT where was the moral courage to do the same with wenger ? :shock: Are we that afraid of the :censored: that we are afraid to challenge him on his woeful running of team affairs ? :oops: It appears that we are not afraid to go after the easy targets but gutless to go after the big fish and lets be honest here, wenger is the big fish and is given total freedom to do as he pleases :evil: :evil: :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I bet Hill-Wood is knocking back the Brandys like there's no tomorrow right now

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Thanks Skizz great stuff.

It really shows how little the board really think of the supporters.To them we are just customers to be financially milked PHW should really retire so out of touch with reality.

You can only imagine what a board meeting at Arsenal is like absolutely no one on that board looking to push us forward on the pitch.Spineless board with a faceless owner if what was said even wakes a few more up to what's going on at Arsenal then today hasn't been a total waste of time. :cussing:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:I bet Hill-Wood is knocking back the Brandys like there's no tomorrow right now
It's his partner I feel most sorry for. He's in for a rough night tonight. :wink: :shock:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Can't wait to see the highlights on pravda.com!! :lol: :lol: The editor of that package will earn his money this year!! :lol: :wink:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Revgoon89 wrote:I don't often agree with this twat, but this sums it up well:

@piersmorgan That #Arsenal AGM in full: Wenger downbeat (with good reason), Gazidis clueless, Hill-Wood offensive, Kroenke pointless.
Agreed Rev, bad and even worse cos by all accounts it's seems to be a pretty fair summing up at that!!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Can't wait to see the highlights on pravda.com!! :lol: :lol: The editor of that package will earn his money this year!! :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Apparently they are gonna fill it with images of Tom Watt breakdancing with a Wenger mask on

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

PHW is a red herring, the AGM a puppet show, the board an irrelevance, Ivan an employee
SilentStan is a businessman, an investor - PHW was actually right originally
we shouldn't have "his sort" (buying for a profit) in football

Our shiteness is our best hope - Stan must see how pissed off people are,
fear the demise of our "4th place trophy" golden goose
and realise 2014 is his key moment - get those sponsorship deals maxxed out and transform the value of the club

he has to invest now, failing to do so - then missing CL football with money in the bank, would be disastrous

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I hope everybody feeding Kroenke's personal wealth will feel even happier with themselves when he trousers a £20m dividend for his own pocket, hence halving the available transfer kitty

Still as PHW hints heavily - we're all a bunch of spoilt brats and should carry on turning up paying thousands to make Kroenke richer and marvel at substandard footballers bleeding our club of 60k+ per week wages

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cheers Skizz, great updates.

PHW is a vile piece of vermin.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The only honesty displayed was by Wenger when he listed his five trophies in priority order, putting the imaginary "qualification for the CL trophy" ahead of both the FA Cup and League Cup.

We all know that when the 5th round of the FA Cup comes around (if we're still in it) then it'll be viewed as a nuisance as we pursue the 'non-existent' trophy and we'll be sending out Djourou, Miquel, Chamakh and a bunch of 18 year olds at a PL ground somewhere to conveniently get us dumped out

augie

Post by augie »

As far as I am concerned phw is a :censored: of the highest order but I cannot understand how so much emphasis is placed on his disrespectful comments but yet nothing is mentioned about wengers disrespectful comments (we know nothing cos we havent worked 30 years in football or how he would love to fill the stadium every week with foreign tourists) :?

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

I think PHW's days are numbered after today's behaviour. Showed his true colours did he not.

Kroneke is no fool and the likelihood is that PHW will be a sacrificial lamb to try and placate us. It won't of course.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:I think PHW's days are numbered after today's behaviour. Showed his true colours did he not.

Kroneke is no fool and the likelihood is that PHW will be a sacrificial lamb to try and placate us. It won't of course.
He was no more disrespectful than last year and at various points since - remember his comments after we dared to have a little moan when the Self Harmer threw away 3 points against the Mancs last season by bringing Arshavin on for the Ox. I seem to remember our now departed 30 goal striker shaking his head in disbelief that day too.....he voted with his feet

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

great work Skizz. thanks for giving us all an insight into the meeting.

it sounds like the board got a very rough ride compared to what i expected. and these questions were all pre-approved ?

well done to those that thought of them and asked them too. its not easy to stand up in public and take the suits on in what is their environment.