Time to Stand Up? AGM and fan discontent

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
highburyJD

Re: Time to Stand Up? AGM Thursday 25th October, 11am

Post by highburyJD »

clockender1 wrote:it sounds like the board got a very rough ride compared to what i expected. and these questions were all pre-approved ?
I think a lot of 'pre-approved' questions were substantially rephrased and more confrontational. Good.

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Fantastic read Skizz...........thanks mate as I was out all morning and was great to catch up.

The dividends question is worrying. Failure to answer obviously means it's coming and possibly when the new sponsorship deals are negotiated. Bad news :(
PHW needs to be put to grass somewhere. Very disrespectful.

Good to see there was animosity in the room as to what is happening and hopefully some of it will stick with Wenger and the board. Am not holding my breath though.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Shareholders seemed to make it a bit more uncomfortable than I expected, fair play there were some good questions put forward in the right way but unfortunately they were nearly all answered by Gazidis who would either trot out his normal spin or completely ignore the question and go off on a tangent.

Pity that the boiling frustration was dissipated by some jumped-up bitch moaning about ladies football and some stupid *word censored* whingeing about fish and chips :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At the end of the day it won't make a difference, Kroenke will happily have another year of non-action and non-investment, a few awkward hours in 12 months is a small price to pay when you consider how much he'll pocket.

At least Wenger actually came out and said 4th place is a trophy and he should rightly be crucified for that outside of our own fanbase. PHW's comments were highly disrespectful but not unexpected.

My main hope is that somebody will print off Gazidis' quote that we will be able to compete with anybody in Europe financially in the next two years 100 times. Then when he starts bleating on about "self-sustaining model" and how City and Chelsea won't be able to carry on like this forever at the 2014 AGM when we're in the same position, they can run up and ram every single piece of paper down that fucker's throat while his eyes water and he gasps for air and the room roundly applauds. Be nice to see the twat eat his words.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I have not been to an AGM but I still think someone needs to ask a straight forward question.
Name names.
"Park, Chamakh, Squillachi, Arshavin; why are they still at the club? Do we pay too high wages for too long to under performing players?"

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Video now up on pravda. Edited by the guys that brought you this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBOZspv9m4

:lol:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Thanks Skizz B.

:twisted:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

QuartzGooner wrote:I have not been to an AGM but I still think someone needs to ask a straight forward question.
Name names.
"Park, Chamakh, Squillachi, Arshavin; why are they still at the club? Do we pay too high wages for too long to under performing players?"
I was thinking the same thing, except I forgot Park existed,
Worst signing ever?

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Fact is this club is never going yo change :( 4th is better than a trophy, future is with youth, Wenger is a *word censored*, same old shite trotted out year after year :banghead:

The only way to gain change is to hit them in the pockets, empty seats would soon give them a change of heart! I don't want the club to go bust, just spend the money it has on better players than it does.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

So nothing good whatsoever came out of this meeting - the same old silent Stan, smug Ivan, dismissive and condescending PHW, and a mock Churchillian speech from the Self Harmer (more akin to the dog in the insurance adverts than the wartime PM, with his 'ohhhh yes' servile approach to the board)

Actually, there was one good thing. The addition of a new Wengerballs quote - "there are five trophies". So that's five trophies to go alongside the "two transfer markets - one extenal, and one internal for the development of youth players"

Almost a whole book worth of Wengerballs quotes now

Arse 'n' Nose

Post by Arse 'n' Nose »

How on earth did it come to this...

A majority shareholder who is solely motivated by money

A decrepit chairman that is so far out of touch with the real world its embarrassing and he couldn't give a flying f**k

A Chief Exec that lies and twists and spins everything its a wonder he can stand up

And a manager living on past glories while the rest of the footballing world leaves him far in its wake and without the first clue how to catch up let alone compete

One would be bad enough, but all four! I genuinely cant see how things can change.

I want my Arsenal back... :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

skizz_b wrote:THE FLOOR IS OPEN TO QUESTIONS...AND YOU GET THIS -

@10akhil: Maria asking about ladies football being played at better/bigger grounds as more people want to watch them play. #afcagm

FOR
FUCK
SAKE
Maria, please fuck off and go make a new "In Arsene We Trust" banner. You twat. :banghead: :evil: :roll:

Well played Skizz_B. 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Vinny1967 wrote:
The dividends question is worrying. Failure to answer obviously means it's coming and possibly when the new sponsorship deals are negotiated. Bad news :(
yeah, wasn't this one of usamanovs criticisms ? - that the board's "self-financing" is actually borrowing money via loans to fund the club whilst taking out $20million in dividends ????

And where was Red & White Holdings ? - were they there, did they submit questions ? if not why not ?

I understand R&W don't want to be on the board, but as shareholders why weren't they front and centre today ????

Personally, I would like to see David Dein back on the board, and i'd support anyone who could make that happen - he knows his football and he's Arsenal through and through. I met him once on the ferry to Ireland on the car deck and i just mentioned his "AFC 1" number plate, and he didn't brush me off - we had a good 20 minute chat about the club, this was back in the mid eighties before George and I was just a teenager, but he was happy to talk about the team and our history.

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

flash gunner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:Can't wait to see the highlights on pravda.com!! :lol: :lol: The editor of that package will earn his money this year!! :lol: :wink:

Apparently they are gonna fill it with images of Tom Watt breakdancing with a Wenger mask on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I just cannot get past the "4th place is more important than a cup" comment. Sure, financially, it might be. But THIS IS A FUCKING FOOTBALL CLUB NOT A FUCKING BANK!! :censored:

I want my Arsenal back. :banghead:

potter

Post by potter »

he only way to gain change is to hit them in the pockets, empty seats would soon give them a change of heart! I don't want the club to go bust, just spend the money it has on better players than it does.

In all probability empty seats and a reduction in income would have the opposite effect , to balance the books they would claim that they were forced to sell even more players. When he gets back we might as well put a for sale sign on Wilshere because he will be the next premium priced player on our forecourt.