Bradford Beer Travel & Stuff

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JMascis666

Re: Bradford Beer & Stuff

Post by JMascis666 »

I'm getting the travel club coach from Newport Pagnell Services at 2pm.

The speed those flipping things usually move at we'll be lucky to make it before kick off !

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Re: Bradford city

Post by SWLGooner »

I also have a spare space, travelling from North London (Tottenham Hale) via St Albans and ****** Keynes.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

I've got a spare place in a minibus if anyone wants.

Jakeybown

Re: Bradford Beer Travel & Stuff

Post by Jakeybown »

Does anyone no of a definate pub for tomorrow? Turls green spoons was mentioned ?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SWLGooner wrote:I've got a spare place in a minibus if anyone wants.
I thought that was for the banner?

:shock: :o :D :wink:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Jakeybown wrote:Does anyone no of a definate pub for tomorrow? Turls green spoons was mentioned ?
Yep, Turls Green mate, right by the Interchange.

NB: One of my mates is a bantum, he said the pub is for home fans only, but ive just called the pub and they said Gooners are more then welcolme but THEY WILL BE TURNING AWAY LARGE GROUPS. No problems then if you're a loner like me. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You have got to pull the "Get in the van" joke, mate. YOU HAVE GOT TO. :lol:

:wink:

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
You have got to pull the "Get in the van" joke, mate. YOU HAVE GOT TO. :lol:

:wink:
I don't use that phrase, simply because I know a group of lads that go to every away game in a minibus, sometimes a proper big coach for high-profile games.

They do the night out every game.

Every time one of em pulls, he sneaks out of bed and gets a picture of the sleeping bird with one of their T-shirts, saying "GET IN THE VAN" on it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

gunner_ace wrote:
Jakeybown wrote:Does anyone no of a definate pub for tomorrow? Turls green spoons was mentioned ?

NB: One of my mates is a bantum, he said the pub is for home fans only, but ive just called the pub and they said Gooners are more then welcolme but THEY WILL BE TURNING AWAY LARGE GROUPS. No problems then if you're a loner like me. :barscarf:
Cheers for that mate, someone on twitter 'AFC_Away' has said about midland hotel? Apparently the management have ok'd it to be a designated pub, where is everyone gonna be heading ?

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Jakeybown wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:

Cheers for that mate, someone on twitter 'AFC_Away' has said about midland hotel? Apparently the management have ok'd it to be a designated pub, where is everyone gonna be heading ?
Aye thats a bit of a swanky hotel by Bradford Forster station. Im gonna stick with the Turls green to be fair as you cant go wrong with a spoonies pub.

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

gunner_ace wrote:
Jakeybown wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:

Aye thats a bit of a swanky hotel by Bradford Forster station. Im gonna stick with the Turls green to be fair as you cant go wrong with a spoonies pub.
Cheers mate, went on their website, posh as fook lol. Turls green sounds much better. See you there !

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

what time will you all be in the turls green then? i should be in Bradford by 5pm at the latest

HeyMarko1989

Post by HeyMarko1989 »

got 3 spare spaces in our motor. leaving potters bar around 130

MM99

Post by MM99 »

See you there fellas

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

The bradford guy just posted this on the match thread.
Ok, I am off to the pub now.........................the below will mean bugger all to you but the message is don't waste time trying to park close to the ground, you'll only end up being turned around, probably getting lost and wasting valuable drinking time. Anywhere near the centre will only be 20 minutes walk, max, and from the East and North you will see the ground clearly anyway, is like Bradford's Shard.

Due to the capacity crowd, some road closures have been agreed with the local authority. Therefore Valley Parade, South Parade and Holywell Ash Lane will be closed to vehicles as well as Burlington Street and Cliffe Terrace. Finally, Midland Road will be closed from its junction with Thorncliffe Road right through as far Cornwall Road. Manningham Lane and Thorncliffe Road will remain unaffected by the closures but are expected to be busy. If you are able to park away from the stadium and walk the last mile it will ease problems for all concerned.

These road barriers will also be the first point for ticket checks. Please make sure you have your tickets ready at the first road closure point and any subsequent check point. Tickets will also be checked at every turnstile with at least one security staff member on duty outside every turnstile.