Wenger Out Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redsenga1

Wenger Out Banner

Post by Redsenga1 »

Thought I would open this again due to the mood change, so is anyone planning on setting this up, block 6 or nearby? Curious......let me know your thoughts ,without dredging over too much old ground....

N1Goon

Re: Wenger Out Banner

Post by N1Goon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gst-Ryh3g

They are still chanting 'One Arsene Wenger' at the away matches mate, good luck putting up an anti-Wenger banner. We're close to the point of the fans on the fence becoming anti-Wenger, though, I think that could happen soon. I think if our nightmare start had extended another game in 11/12, major shit would have hit the fan. I'd bet the Pravda secret police are monitoring this forum very closely after the last thread so be careful what you publish.

Still, I support the initiative and merely having the banner made last year sent tremors through the press/fans that are still rumbling away with fans discontent today. I truly believe there are proper fans here that know what is best for the club who would go through with displaying the banner, it's just a matter of back-up and protection as was the problem last season.

Certainly, talking about where and when and the specifics on a public, popular Arsenal forum is foolish (in my opinion) and the perps would be best off meeting in person (even Skype is not completely safe).

Just my opinion, though, as I said, the big voices on forums like these need to unite and make themselves heard in the public.

Herd

Post by Herd »

STOP THE BULLSHIT GROW A PAIR AND DO IT FFS !

All this peekaboo ,shall I shan't I is pathetic in the extreme ,if you truly believe in it then for god sake have the courage of your own convictions and picket ,hand out leaflets ,and above all get the banner up .

No you might not be popular ,you may even get abused but if you are passionate about something you must act ,to try and to fail is in itself a glorious act and I'm sure it will make you fell better !

We fail at things often but if you give it your best shot you can walk away saying I tried !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I thought you had it Herd and turned it into bed covers or something or was it the flip flops you bought? :? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:I thought you had it Herd and turned it into bed covers or something or was it the flip flops you made? :? :wink:
Fixed that for ya, Flash. 8)

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

flash gunner wrote:I thought you had it Herd and turned it into bed covers or something or was it the flip flops you bought? :? :wink:
I asked for it but they never gave it me the slllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggs , I think some one ran off with it .

I was always curious to see the face behind the flip flops though !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm with Herd on this one - jesus wept we'll be here in 2017 contemplating a 12th successive year of the virtual trophy and still dithering around over whether to put the banner up or not

The reason why people don't want to do it is because they know deep down its still a tiny minority of fans that want Wenger gone and therefore they will undoubtedly suffer an adverse reaction from the majority - isn't that what standing up for a minority view is supposed to be about?

I'm still upset my banner wasn't accepted for the Arsenalisation of the stadium - a nice silhouette of the great man with the word "Imperious" next to it

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Who actually has the banner? :?

Why not call Herd and SteveO's bluff and give it to them to display? :lol: :wink:

Nothing personal lads, but you both talk a good fight on here. Maybe time to glove up? (steady Hash/GayJay... steady... :wink: )

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You'd want at least 40 people around you when unfurling that banner inside the ground. The window lickers would tear you limb from limb at the mere sight of it.

Thou shall not dare question our glorious leader :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rodders999 wrote:You'd want at least 40 people around you when unfurling that banner inside the ground. The window lickers would tear you limb from limb at the mere sight of it.

Agreed you thought Muslims 'went a bit nuts' when people draw Mohammed you wait till the sheep see this :?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:You'd want at least 40 people around you when unfurling that banner inside the ground. The window lickers would tear you limb from limb at the mere sight of it.

Agreed you thought Muslims 'went a bit nuts' when people draw Mohammed you wait till the sheep see this :?
Racist :shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Sheep arent a race :?

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

flash gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Sheep arent a race :?
So how come any time Rebel and Northbank123 are around a sheep they're always competing to see who comes first?

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

You can do it budget style like that geezer at the chelski game, a la colour printed on a bit of A4 paper. :D The cameras would still pick it up sure enough. ha ha

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Honestly, all that talk and hype about the banner last season was like managing to pull Kelly Brook in the pub, everyone praising you and bigging you up, then you get home and splurge yourself right as you both got undressed and shes begging you to ride her senseless.

So get the damn thing out and make a bloody statement, change won't come while we sit here complaining. :roll: