26-------12-------2012 Wham postponed

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
georgeknows89

Re: 26-------12-------2012

Post by georgeknows89 »

NB123 if you read my earlier postings you will see the answer

If we were in the Capital Semi and CL there were no suitable dates so the PL would not consider alternatives later in the season.

Newcastle on TV meant game couldn't be moved to the next day,its frustrating for many but simple and as i said on 15th december it was internally agreed after bradford knock out as convenient and they just dont care about the fans, end of

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

georgeknows89 wrote:NB123 if you read my earlier postings you will see the answer

If we were in the Capital Semi and CL there were no suitable dates so the PL would not consider alternatives later in the season.

Newcastle on TV meant game couldn't be moved to the next day,its frustrating for many but simple and as i said on 15th december it was internally agreed after bradford knock out as convenient and they just dont care about the fans, end of
I did read your earlier post, thanks for keeping me up-to-date with the intricate workings of the club. But the fact that the PL weren't on board with early postponement it doesn't mean that they couldn't agree on some form CONTINGENCY plan for when the strike was confirmed, particularly after we were knocked out of the Carling Cup 8 days ago. Even if they just announced that the game would be postponed and the rearranged date would follow, instead of leaving people in the dark for 48 hours.

I'm not resting the blame solely at the club's feet because the PL have clearly hampered things but why put off announcing the postponement for 48 hours when in reality it was never going to go ahead? No need.

OneBardGooner

ARSENAL v W.Ham POSTPONED

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -postponed

As a result of Monday’s strike ballot and the proposed industrial action on London Underground on Boxing Day, Arsenal’s Premier League match against West Ham United at Emirates Stadium, originally planned for Wednesday, December 26, has been postponed.

This decision has been made now, due to the preparation period needed to safely operate Emirates Stadium by all the relevant agencies.

The Club liaised closely with all the relevant agencies, including the Metropolitan Police, Transport for London, London Underground, The Premier League, West Ham United FC and Islington Council, in order to reach this decision.

The paramount concern was always the duty of care towards the Arsenal supporters, West Ham United supporters, matchday employees and workers and indeed everyone who was planning to attend the game on Boxing Day.

In addition to the proposed industrial action on London Underground on Boxing Day, there are extremely limited services operating on National Rail train services into London on this day. Also, normal parking restrictions close to the stadium still apply. This would have caused severe disruption, or at worst, inability for supporters or matchday employees and workers to get to Emirates Stadium.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused supporters but we feel that the right decision has been made.

Tickets already purchased for this match are still valid for the rearranged date, which is yet to be confirmed.

However, the Club can confirm that this rearranged fixture will be played on either Wednesday, January 23 (kick off 7.45pm) or Saturday, January 26 (kick off 3pm). The date of the fixture will be determined by the results in the FA Cup third round, which is being played on the weekend of Saturday, January 5 and Sunday, January 6.

brazilianGOONER

Re: ARSENAL v W.Ham POSTPONED

Post by brazilianGOONER »

feel bad for my arsenal brazil mates. many of them spent four figures of english pounds (which means a fortune of brazilian money, in my case in 2010 that was my whole savings of the entire year) to be there for both christmas period games.

this sucks big time. :cry:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:feel bad for my arsenal brazil mates. many of them spent four figures of english pounds (which means an entire fortune of brazilian money, in my case in 2010 that was my whole savings of the entire year) to be there for both christmas period games.

:( :(

Didn't you have a cancelled game when you were here, BG?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:feel bad for my arsenal brazil mates. many of them spent four figures of english pounds (which means a fortune of brazilian money, in my case in 2010 that was my whole savings of the entire year) to be there for both christmas period games.

I'm really sorry to hear that BG...

Maybe you/they could contact the club and explain mate, see if there's anything they can/will do...perhaps meet some players (at the game that is going ahead)or any chance of a partial refund...(Yes, Yes I know don't die laughing!)....but You never can tell or know till you try...Perhaps contact BBC Radio 5 live and/or other media outlets / people and see if they can 'shame' the club into doing something...

That's a right bastard isn't it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cussing:

brazilianGOONER

g88ner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:feel bad for my arsenal brazil mates. many of them spent four figures of english pounds (which means an entire fortune of brazilian money, in my case in 2010 that was my whole savings of the entire year) to be there for both christmas period games.

:( :(

Didn't you have a cancelled game when you were here, BG?
thankfully not mate - most tube lines weren't running around christmas because of the snow (if i'm not mistaken), but it was already working properly when we faced chelsea.

i remember celebrating christmas with some friends i met where i was staying in putney, and they had to stay over at the house for over a day because they had no way of returning home. i had never faced a situation like that in my life before, funny how different climates change people's habits.

can't remember those days without smiling though, best fucking days of my life :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

OneBardGooner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:feel bad for my arsenal brazil mates. many of them spent four figures of english pounds (which means a fortune of brazilian money, in my case in 2010 that was my whole savings of the entire year) to be there for both christmas period games.

I'm really sorry to hear that BG...

Maybe you/they could contact the club and explain mate, see if there's anything they can/will do...perhaps meet some players (at the game that is going ahead)or any chance of a partial refund...(Yes, Yes I know don't die laughing!)....but You never can tell or know till you try...Perhaps contact BBC Radio 5 live and/or other media outlets / people and see if they can 'shame' the club into doing something...

That's a right bastard isn't it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cussing:
that's a good call mate, will tell that to the guys who are going, the current president of the SC will be there, i'll tell him to figure something out with arsenal.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

all agreed and hard to justify from clubs point of view which is why i posted what i was told as early as could .c

The next problem to try and establish is what happens if either us or West Ham have a replay !

At the moment it is clear that if we both get knocked out then the game will take place on round 4 day , the 26th but are they then going to say that it could still be that date after either or both of us are knocked out after a replay which will be tue 15th or wed 16th january, .

That would be another mad bad decision but hopefully sense will prevail and after we have thumped or been thumped at Swansea depending on which Arsenal turn up we wont have that problem

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Isn't dPmunky travelling over from the States too? I think he's hoping to hit Southampton away too but that would still suck. How come Fulham can play their game but we can't?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Dan_85 wrote:Isn't dPmunky travelling over from the States too? I think he's hoping to hit Southampton away too but that would still suck. How come Fulham can play their game but we can't?
Have Fulham sold out their game?, The West Ham game hadn't and there lies the answer!! :?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

That's bollocks, there's no reason it couldn't be played, as OBG has said, write to the club perhaps they can offer some recompense at least... but I wouldn't hold your breath though... :(

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

i had planned on making this but alas the unions win again and im left out in the cold....perfect day to hit stingfellows though :D

on a more serious note though, i talked to someone at the ticket office this morning and explained my situation and im looking to get a full refund (minus the booking fee) so not a horrible loss, just was hoping to see 3 games but oh well right? "first world problems" as i like to say :)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

its facking bullshit. facking public sector c**ts f*cking up everyone elses plans. ungrateful bstards, sack em all let em fend for themselves in the private sector, roll on driverless tube trains

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I just don't get how last year the game got moved back a day yet this year it gets moved back a month?