BRIGHTON FA CUP THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Re: BRIGHTON FA CUP THREAD

Post by donaldo »

Ideal result for the club is a draw and a replay.Another ST game used and a Cat b game against Championship opposition.Keeps that lovely wonga rolling in

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

donaldo wrote:Ideal result for the club is a draw and a replay.Another ST game used and a Cat b game against Championship opposition.Keeps that lovely wonga rolling in
Sounds about right, plus the familiar fixture pile up at this time of the season is always amusing, as Wenger gets himself into a whole kerfuffle with team selections.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

God knows what will happen. Could be another replay. If we go with the right attitude we will have no problems.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

p206ab wrote:
DB10_TH14 wrote:sounds like the verminator wont be playing on saturday
oh great :( and now all we need is Kos to get a little bruise and it will be Santos, Santos, Santos time :barscarf: :banghead:
He was dismal last night (santos). I don't understand how he merits a first team spot.

I expect a win in this one, but we will probably concede. 3-1 win. I think that the players will be up for this.

Mellor 3 ward 4

Post by Mellor 3 ward 4 »

skizz_b wrote:i'll be there for this one. please no squad rotation! get the game won then make subs ffs.

these lot will be dangerous, if we get in with a lead at HT that should be enough for us.
If you score first you'll win.

We haven't come from behind to win a game since August 2011 (First ever game at the new stadium)

(Is a Brighton fan allowed to say come from behind?)

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Mellor 3 ward 4 wrote:
skizz_b wrote:i'll be there for this one. please no squad rotation! get the game won then make subs ffs.

these lot will be dangerous, if we get in with a lead at HT that should be enough for us.

We haven't come from behind to win a game since August 2011 (First ever game at the new stadium)

Clearly not, it just sounds wrong and creates a bad image :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mellor 3 ward 4 wrote:

Ahh, but when it comes to creating unwanted records mate we're the masters. First team ever to surrender a 4-0 lead in a Premiership game. We could be swatting you 3-0, but just fling in a couple of half decent corners and if you've got anyone over the height of 5'6" who can jump then just make sure they stick to our non-jumping German Willie Young. Put anyone with more physical strength than a sparrow up aganst Kosicleny too. If you pull 1 goal back then watch the panic that follows. If Reading can create 20 mins of blind panic in a game we were winning 4-0 then I'm sure you can

Watch out for our beast from Montpellier though - if he's on song you'd better hide behind your seat (only for fear of one of his headers connecting with you up in the stand)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:God knows what will happen. Could be another replay. If we go with the right attitude we will have no problems.
Aaaah! yes, but you've forgotten Ze mintal strenff und ze spireet of zees playurs!! :wink:

Simon

Post by Simon »

Fear ye not. Soon we will have a full complement of goalkeepers. Time to celebrate :wink:
"on Fabianski…
Fabianski has been back in full training since yesterday. He is still short but it is the first time since pre-season that he has been in full training."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -fabianski

:party:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TV5 and Coq out tomorrow...BUT Diaby and Sicknote are back :roll: :roll: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

millwall have beaten villa 2-1 in fa cup tonight

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Arteta and Vermaelen both out tomorrow,who will get the armband?

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

falkirk goon wrote:Arteta and Vermaelen both out tomorrow,who will get the armband?

Not Jack, he will surely be rested. My guess? Sagna. Or if he is rested Big Per.

Post by 1989 »

She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon, she wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, and when, I asked, oh why she wore that ribbon, she said it's for the Arsenal and we're going to Wembley, WEMBLEEEEY, WEMBLEEEEY, WE'RE THE FAMOUS ARSENAL AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY, WEMBLEEEEY, WEMBLEEEEY :barscarf:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Franksav, SWL and I are on the bus. Returning to our homeland.