SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD

Post by GranadaJoe »

On the assumption that Chamakh is going then I'd be very happy to see Benteke (better pace, strength and shooting ability than Giroud) if we could get shot of the Forehead and/or Giroud. If we could get rid of both we'd probably make a few quid as well. However, Benteke is not the answer to our striker plight.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Top Londoner wrote:Arsenal are reportedly on the verge of agreeing terms for the transfer of Swansea centre back Ashley Williams in a move which could hasten the departure of Thomas Vermaelen from the Emirates.

:shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -exit.html
Just got a txt from a mate, to say wev'e signed him. Hope it's true.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

afcforever wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:Arsenal are reportedly on the verge of agreeing terms for the transfer of Swansea centre back Ashley Williams in a move which could hasten the departure of Thomas Vermaelen from the Emirates.

:shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -exit.html
Just got a txt from a mate, to say wev'e signed him. Hope it's true.

That's the spirit mate.

Also.
Old Arsenal target Steven Nzonzi has asked for permission to find a new club.

The Stoke City midfielder, who has been very much under Arsene Wenger’s radar ever since his days at Blackburn Rovers, submitted a transfer request earlier this week just before the departure of his manager Tony Pulis was announced.

And the want-away Nzonzi may attract interest from Arsenal who are still in the market for a natural defensive midfielder after failing to replace Alex Song last summer.

However, the Gunners will have to convince Stoke City in letting go of Nzonzi after the Potters decided to decline the request of the player they only signed on a four-year contract from Blackburn for £3.5million last summer.

http://redlondon.net/2013/05/24/bingo-m ... rt-wenger/

Here we go again. Shopping at the Co-op and hoping they accept Green Shield Stammps.

augie

Post by augie »

Benteke, begovic, williams and nzonzi..........and to think that you guys are complaining about signing the league deux player :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

if you had picks augie who would you like to see come to us,and ffs dont mention darren bent :lol:,also taking into account tht we dont like spending over the odds

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:if you had picks augie who would you like to see come to us,and ffs dont mention darren bent :lol:,also taking into account tht we dont like spending over the odds

Depends on the budget mc - if the 70m warchest was available then cesar (qpr), villa (barca), remy (qpr) and a big physically dominating DM would do for starters. All of these positions need improvements imo but for me the biggest need on our team is the powerful DM so accordingly that would be the position where I would spend most cash

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:if you had picks augie who would you like to see come to us,and ffs dont mention darren bent :lol:,also taking into account tht we dont like spending over the odds

Depends on the budget mc - if the 70m warchest was available then cesar (qpr), villa (barca), remy (qpr) and a big physically dominating DM would do for starters. All of these positions need improvements imo but for me the biggest need on our team is the powerful DM so accordingly that would be the position where I would spend most cash

Remy over benteke :o , the rest are good shouts, but this is where im in a quandry we all know we need a DM but i ask the question who, tbh besides from arsenal i wouldnt watch alot of football so being honest i could nt even tell you who is a good DM,and ive yet to see someone on here come up with a good DM.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've posed the same question before. We all know we need a DM but it's difficult to say who exactly we would want. I'd have loved Martinez, but Bayern got there first. De Jong is a possibility, but I think he's a bit limited against the top teams (but would boss the midfield against the Norwichs, Stokes etc).
De Rossi is top class, but probably too old to justify the fee we'd have to pay.
Could TV play there? I'm not sure his distribution is good enough, but he's got the other qualities you'd need.
Sven and Lars Bender look promising, but are a bit too young to put all our eggs in that basket.
So who?

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Our mighty 70m which we waited for so long...and then comes Celski and simply gives 120m to Mourinho for summer spending. Which he will actually use, not just "could use".

Post by 1989 »

Monaco have signed Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez from Porto for £60m

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... guez-porto

They also expect to announce Falcao on Monday apparently.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

1989 wrote:Monaco have signed Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez from Porto for £60m

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... guez-porto

They also expect to announce Falcao on Monday apparently.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You need a multi billionaire at the club to pull that off if it's true......hang on a minute! :oops: :banghead:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

StuartL wrote:
Chopper wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Massive Breaking News

My mate Dave is moving from Heybridge Swifts to Sudbury in the summer.
Spudmasher whats going on?

I've been checking the Sudbury website daily and still no announcement!!

Has he failed a medical? Is someone else in for him? We need to know!!!

ps, my mate Alex is keeper there so Dave better not stunt his development!

Is it Sudbury Town in Suffolk or Sudbury in Middlesex / sussex (can't remember)
Sudbury in Suffolk. They were Sudbury Town and now AFC Sudbury.

Augie, have to say Benteke over Remy everyday for me but agree biggest need is a DM.

Post by 1989 »

GranadaJoe wrote:I've posed the same question before. We all know we need a DM but it's difficult to say who exactly we would want. I'd have loved Martinez, but Bayern got there first. De Jong is a possibility, but I think he's a bit limited against the top teams (but would boss the midfield against the Norwichs, Stokes etc).
De Rossi is top class, but probably too old to justify the fee we'd have to pay.
Could TV play there? I'm not sure his distribution is good enough, but he's got the other qualities you'd need.
Sven and Lars Bender look promising, but are a bit too young to put all our eggs in that basket.
So who?
Fernando of Porto. Great defensive midfielder. Not sure they would sell now though having just lost Joao Moutinho.

There's also Gonalons, but I don't think he's good enough.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:I've posed the same question before. We all know we need a DM but it's difficult to say who exactly we would want. I'd have loved Martinez, but Bayern got there first. De Jong is a possibility, but I think he's a bit limited against the top teams (but would boss the midfield against the Norwichs, Stokes etc).
So who?
Fernando of Porto. Great defensive midfielder. Not sure they would sell now though having just lost Joao Moutinho.

There's also Gonalons, but I don't think he's good enough.

I know that youtube clips can make even percy look like a top quality footballer (ok I exagerate slightly :wink: ) but I seen the clips of this guy and I have to say that he does look like an animal in the tackle 8) When porto announced the two outgoing transfers this evening, the first thought I had was that there was no way they would sell fernando as well :(

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Borussia Dortmund: a buyer's guide

Lukasz Piszczek, Mats Hummels, Marco Reus and Kevin Grosskreutz linked with us.