SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Lads, seriously - does anyone REALLY believe Cesc would turn down Manure out of "love" for The Arsenal? Really? :o

Even as king of the realists, I will say that I believe 100% that cesc would sign for us ahead of manure - my only opt out on that belief is if the king of c**ts turns around and says that he doesnt want to re-sign our best player in the last 6 years :evil: :cussing:
erm... have you got a badge with that on it...? You do, don't you... :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Arsenal have made their first move to sign Benfica defender Lorenzo Melgarejo, according to his agent.
Arsene Wenger has been expected to make considerable signings this summer and the 22 year old Paraguayan, who is valued at £5m, could be his first.

Full-back Melgarejo, who featured in the Europa League final against Chelsea and is also interesting Turkish outfit Fenerbahce, is another possible target but Arsenal have not yet made any offer.

"Arsenal and Fenerbahce have enquired about Melgarejo. But so far there has been nothing concrete," agent Juan Gabriel Appleyard told Radio Monumental.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/footba ... der-25777/

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Do we need another LB?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Do we need another LB?
If he's a left back, then I think we can safely say the story is a load of bollocks. We have Gibbs and only recently signed Monreal.

Of course, if he's versatile, Wenger might see him as a midfielder.

Either way, I'll assume it's bollocks (as with the other several hundred players we'll be linked with :roll: ) until something concrete comes of it.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

AC Milan are teasing that Sharaway may be for sale

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 55320.html

I dunno whats happening in Serie A. I guess the clubs are going the same way as Holland, becoming feeder clubs. I can see AW being interested being how young he is.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio has given a clear indication that he will leave the club this summer as reported interest from Arsenal continues to grow.

The Gunners were believed to have made tentative enquiries into the 25-year-old's availability since last January, but were told that any deal for the shot stopper must wait until the summer.

It would appear that the Portuguese club are now willing to cash in on their number one goalkeeper after Sporting's Marcelo Boeck, the man who is primed to replace Patricio next season, revealed the Gunners target has already said his goodbyes to his teammates ahead of a move to a new club.

"He is at a very good level," Boeck is quoted as saying in Diario de Noticias. "And if the proposal is very good, as I believe it to be in a club that gives its full support for it to evolve in his career, he has to take it.

"He loves the fans and the club, but it is time to take on this challenge. On the last day together, the last time there was a farewell between us, he said goodbye to me and colleagues."

Portuguese newspaper Record also suggest Sporting are now ready to listen to offers for the goalkeeper who has been the club's undisputed first choice in goal since 2008.

Arsenal have been credited with keen interest since the January transfer window, and having had an offer of €10m turned down by the club earlier in the season, could now return given their greater financial backing.

Arsene Wenger utilised all three of his goalkeeping options in Wojciech Szczesny, Lukasz Fabianski and Vito Mannone last season due to injury and loss of form hitting each of the trio.

Neither of the three were capable of proving to the Gunners boss last season that they are ready to be the club's number one custodian for years to come. Having retained that role at Sporting since he was barely out of his teens and having amassed 23 caps for Portugal, Patricio could represent a solution to a problematic area within Wenger's side.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/47775 ... ansfer.htm

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"Arsenal have made their first move to sign Benfica defender Lorenzo Melgarejo, according to his agent.
Arsene Wenger has been expected to make considerable signings this summer and the 22 year old Paraguayan, who is valued at £5m, could be his first."

Why oh! why oh! why oh! WHY!!!??/ does wenger insist at shopping at the transer windows version of Lidl and not at John Lewis or Waitrose?? He's aboslutely minted....FACT!...so why?...come on can someone PLEASE tell me ..Why?

:cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio has given a clear indication that he will leave the club this summer as reported interest from Arsenal continues to grow.

The Gunners were believed to have made tentative enquiries into the 25-year-old's availability since last January, but were told that any deal for the shot stopper must wait until the summer.

It would appear that the Portuguese club are now willing to cash in on their number one goalkeeper after Sporting's Marcelo Boeck, the man who is primed to replace Patricio next season, revealed the Gunners target has already said his goodbyes to his teammates ahead of a move to a new club.

"He is at a very good level," Boeck is quoted as saying in Diario de Noticias. "And if the proposal is very good, as I believe it to be in a club that gives its full support for it to evolve in his career, he has to take it.

"He loves the fans and the club, but it is time to take on this challenge. On the last day together, the last time there was a farewell between us, he said goodbye to me and colleagues."

Portuguese newspaper Record also suggest Sporting are now ready to listen to offers for the goalkeeper who has been the club's undisputed first choice in goal since 2008.

Arsenal have been credited with keen interest since the January transfer window, and having had an offer of €10m turned down by the club earlier in the season, could now return given their greater financial backing.

Arsene Wenger utilised all three of his goalkeeping options in Wojciech Szczesny, Lukasz Fabianski and Vito Mannone last season due to injury and loss of form hitting each of the trio.

Neither of the three were capable of proving to the Gunners boss last season that they are ready to be the club's number one custodian for years to come. Having retained that role at Sporting since he was barely out of his teens and having amassed 23 caps for Portugal, Patricio could represent a solution to a problematic area within Wenger's side.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/47775 ... ansfer.htm

Hiya COBBER! :D :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Why do I get the feeling that he will be at Arsenal next year?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... free-agent

Young, French, and cheap..... :rubchin:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

begeegs wrote:Why do I get the feeling that he will be at Arsenal next year?

A highly rated defensive midfielder.....I hope your not moaning?!

If he is talented, cheap and IN ADDITION TO other bigger name signings (reputation not letters Arsene) then I wouldn't knock it.

augie

Post by augie »

Chopper wrote:

If he is talented, cheap and IN ADDITION TO other bigger name signings (reputation not letters Arsene) then I wouldn't knock it.

Ligue 2 last season......check
Young, french and cheap.......check
No other c**t wants him.........check

Mark it in as a near certainty :roll:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

augie wrote:
Chopper wrote:

Ligue 2 last season......check
Young, french and cheap.......check
No other c**t wants him.........check

Mark it in as a near certainty :roll:
Is he also injury prone, Augie, that would be another Wenger stipulation!! :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

arsenal accept five Nicklas Bendtner bids from unknown clubs as their summer clear-out continues http://mirr.im/18yBwEP

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nowhere in tht link does it mention us ,everything on here is rumour yet people seem to take it as given anything posted on here is true,it was like a while back some fool (it escapes my memory which poster it was :lol: )started a thread giving out about kalou joining us.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Now this is more like a wenger type thing

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-1949007