SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
Natural Born Gooner
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Taking aim, ready to FIRE!

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

manninger wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Suarez is a scumbag..Rooney's cheating ended the famous unbeaten run, he followed that up with a complete lack of respect in the Highbury return that season. Higuain is in Napoli for a medical apparently.. Seriously I am starting to believe Torres would be the best option but that isn't even going to happen.
What a fuck up of a window...
Viera spat at a player...Pires dived......Merse took coke......Adams was an alcoholic.....Keown van nistelshit....Sammy pants down....we have to look at ourselves before shouting at others...but he has served his penalty...so he has to have another chance...but it will be at the Real counts...
Image

I'm sorry but everyone keeps bringing these same excuses up to defend a player they were probably wanting to be extradited last season, but it's no comparison to being a racist scumbag who bites players :roll:
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chopper
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 pm
Location: Haverhill

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by Chopper »

Suarez still has 6 games of his 'penalty' still to serve. I do get your point though.

Suarez won't happen
Rooney won't happen
Higuain won't happen

What happened to Huntelaar? After they beat us he was the main target for January until he signed the new deal. We could still get him for less than Suarez and the key is we could actually get him. I appreciate he may not be as good as other names but he is still a world class finisher and given the service he would do wonders for us.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17305
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by SteveO 35 »

Higgy isn't coming

I seem to remember those words from a month ago when he was on a plane to London to have his medical

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Posts: 1707
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 am
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by Leyton Gooner »

But haven't you heard Steveo. He's just bid 40m for a player he knows he has no chance of signing because this particular player's club has no intention of selling their best player for a knockdown price. Fancy that

clockender1
Posts: 6256
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by clockender1 »

i think the problem is that we need to add quality and there isn't a lot of that out there right now, we already have a very strong squad and anyone who joins, needs to be super-quality.....









{ducks...}

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17305
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by SteveO 35 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:But haven't you heard Steveo. He's just bid 40m for a player he knows he has no chance of signing because this particular player's club has no intention of selling their best player for a knockdown price. Fancy that
Yes I heard. Have you heard the breaking news......he's bid £10m for Messi and £8m for Ronaldo

"We were very close but you can not force the club to sell"

Yes you can you fucking hopeless cock, just do what Napoli did and cough the £34m

Look forward to Sanogo and Le Chapman up front

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26436
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by augie »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
manninger wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Suarez is a scumbag..Rooney's cheating ended the famous unbeaten run, he followed that up with a complete lack of respect in the Highbury return that season. Higuain is in Napoli for a medical apparently.. Seriously I am starting to believe Torres would be the best option but that isn't even going to happen.
What a fuck up of a window...
Viera spat at a player...Pires dived......Merse took coke......Adams was an alcoholic.....Keown van nistelshit....Sammy pants down....we have to look at ourselves before shouting at others...but he has served his penalty...so he has to have another chance...but it will be at the Real counts...
Image

I'm sorry but everyone keeps bringing these same excuses up to defend a player they were probably wanting to be extradited last season, but it's no comparison to being a racist scumbag who bites players :roll:


I'm not in the suarez bashing camp or anything but I do laff when I hear fans defend his potential signing by pointing out the sins of former players..........haven't you guys ever heard of goodwill ? Those Gooner Legends had served our club with outstanding distinction over a long period of time and as a result will have thousands of Gooners everywhere defend them and their sins to their dying days - suarez hasn't played for us, never showed his total commitment to our club and is as yet undeserving of our unconditional support so if ye are going to support his potential signing and defend his character then please do so without bringing those Gooner legends into the situation

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12285
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
manninger wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Suarez is a scumbag..Rooney's cheating ended the famous unbeaten run, he followed that up with a complete lack of respect in the Highbury return that season. Higuain is in Napoli for a medical apparently.. Seriously I am starting to believe Torres would be the best option but that isn't even going to happen.
What a fuck up of a window...
Viera spat at a player...Pires dived......Merse took coke......Adams was an alcoholic.....Keown van nistelshit....Sammy pants down....we have to look at ourselves before shouting at others...but he has served his penalty...so he has to have another chance...but it will be at the Real counts...
Image

I'm sorry but everyone keeps bringing these same excuses up to defend a player they were probably wanting to be extradited last season, but it's no comparison to being a racist scumbag who bites players :roll:


I'm not in the suarez bashing camp or anything but I do laff when I hear fans defend his potential signing by pointing out the sins of former players..........haven't you guys ever heard of goodwill ? Those Gooner Legends had served our club with outstanding distinction over a long period of time and as a result will have thousands of Gooners everywhere defend them and their sins to their dying days - suarez hasn't played for us, never showed his total commitment to our club and is as yet undeserving of our unconditional support so if ye are going to support his potential signing and defend his character then please do so without bringing those Gooner legends into the situation
Agreed - footballers have never been saints but those players earned their leeway by putting in the hard yards for the club and helping make it what it was in the late 80s, 90s and early 2000s. Their actions were also in the opinion of many not on the same level as Suarez's.

User avatar
green gooner
Posts: 1828
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Derry

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by green gooner »

If I bit Beyonce on the bum would I be as bad as Suarez, or just living the dream :-P :mrgreen:

User avatar
swimmer1
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm
Location: 4th Place rat race

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by swimmer1 »

If we are serious about the Suarez transfer could be a long drawn affair think it is still time to get some top players in show some ambition instead off putting all our eggs in one basket

1989
Posts: 11844
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by 1989 »

Bernard has just won the Copa Libertadores with Atletico Miniero - the South American equivalent of the Champions League. He was absolutely brilliant today, set up the second goal and played on while injured during extra time.

So that's a Copa Libertadores winners medal with his club to add to the Confederations Cup winners medal he won with Brazil. Not a bad summer for our new signing.
Last edited by 1989 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

cameron326
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 am

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by cameron326 »

Other issues aside, Liverpool can hardly accept less than 50m for him after their owner has come out with the "smoking" line, regarding a 40m bid. Im not even convinced his talent warrants that kind of pricetag, but when you then factor in his personality "issues" Id say he is not worth a penny over 40millon (and 1 quid). Unlike Liverpool, we have plenty of pace, skill and creativity in our midfield and forwards already, wouldnt a mobile, lethal finisher in the Higuain mode to finish off the work of Cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere et al mode be better than a more skillful, dribbling forward who needs eight chances to convert?

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26436
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:Bernard has just won the Copa Libertadores with Atletico Miniero - the South American equivalent of the Champions League. He was absolutely brilliant today, set up the second goal and played on while injured during extra time.

So that's a Copa Libertadores winners medal with his club to add to the Confederations Cup winners medal he won with Brazil. Not a bad summer for our new signing.


Confederations cup = Emirates cup :wink:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26436
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by augie »

cameron326 wrote:Other issues aside, Liverpool can hardly accept less than 50m for him after their owner has come out with the "smoking" line, regarding a 40m bid. Im not even convinced his talent warrants that kind of pricetag, but when you then factor in his personality "issues" Id say he is not worth a penny over 40millon (and 1 quid). Unlike Liverpool, we have plenty of pace, skill and creativity in our midfield and forwards already, wouldnt a mobile, lethal finisher in the Higuain mode to finish off the work of Cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere et al mode be better than a more skillful, dribbling forward who needs eight chances to convert?


Higuain would have been my preference too but there is no way that he is more mobile than suarez and with the exception of wally (the new one goal in eight chances king :roll: ) there isnt an ounce of pace in our midfield :oops:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26436
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by augie »

You really couldnt make shit like this up :lol: :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Roma.html

This from a club that are so tight arsed when it comes to buying players it goes way beyond the point of embarassing :roll: :oops: :oops: :cry: We are not gonna get rid of this caaant - the only club showing any interest in signing the donkey and we feel that we should screw them on the deal :evil:
On a seperate issue about this deal it does worry me that they are trying to include a striker in the deal - we allowed celta vigo to do that a few years ago in the silvinho deal and we had to endure a number of years watching the c.unt that is almunia in goals as a result :banghead: :banghead:

A number of papers this morning have resurrected the cesar to Arsenal rumours - I'm not sure why cos there are no quotes from either club and nothing seems to have changed about the situation :?

Post Reply