SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not

Post by mcdowell42 »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:
green gooner wrote:Diaby had a horror injury, sometimes I feel prople just have a go at him because it's the 'in' thing to do. A cheap laugh at a player who I'm sure wishes he never had to suffer such a career threatening tackle.

He was not a bad player, just an unlucky one.
The guy is a clumsy oaf, who was largely responsible for our unhonourable surrendable 4-4 draw with Newcastle and with it our prem hopes. We criticize Gallas for sitting down after the pen at Birmigham and he did far less. Diaby just didn't control his temper. Aside from that he dwells on the ball and just isn't that good. The guy is lucky that AW is just as big a fool as he is.

Even with 10 men,no team should should draw a game when they are 4 up ,so to blame diabies sending off as the only reason for that result ,no matter how crap he is,is absolute bollocks,phil the fat *word censored* dowd gave 2 of the softest penalties ive ever seen,also dowd if i remember correctly didnt send barton off for manhandling chesney in the aftermath of 1 of the penalties,plus add in tbe fact tht the rest of the team didnt have the bottle to hold out with a 4 goal advantage,the sending off didnt help but to use tht as the main reason for the result is horseshit

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:
green gooner wrote:Diaby had a horror injury, sometimes I feel prople just have a go at him because it's the 'in' thing to do. A cheap laugh at a player who I'm sure wishes he never had to suffer such a career threatening tackle.

The guy is a clumsy oaf, who was largely responsible for our unhonourable surrendable 4-4 draw with Newcastle and with it our prem hopes. We criticize Gallas for sitting down after the pen at Birmigham and he did far less. Diaby just didn't control his temper. Aside from that he dwells on the ball and just isn't that good. The guy is lucky that AW is just as big a fool as he is.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

How many red cards in history of PL? Any how many teams have thrown away 4-goal leads? :rubchin:

Going down to 10 men was hardly the main cause of the defeat. Woeful refereeing handed them a goal or two and the result would have been absolutely impossibly were we not defensively clueless and completely lacking leadership and backbone.

It was sheer stupidity from Diaby but blaming him for one of the biggest jokes of the PL era is a bit far.

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

It doesn't quite work now we got Ozil, but nonetheless this video cracked me up :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5nfQEqGOg

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

You've just got yourself a free steak, Cumberland ring, chicken breast and all the trimmings at the BBQ my friend.

Without injuries Abou would have pissed all over Ozil and we could have used the £42m to sign a striker instead

Poor Abou :(

Re:

Post by 1989 »

Red Gunner wrote:
1989 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:
1989 wrote:I cannot believe that we have him:

AND him:

2 of the world's best attacking midfielders at our club.
Don't forget...

...he'll be back soon :lol: :wink:
You HAD TO go and spoil it with that last image didn't you - Yer MF'er! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D :wink: :wink: :wink:
It's ok. We have him too:

:wink: :D :D
But we lost him:

:cry:
And we replaced him with:

!!! :lol: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

1989 wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:
1989 wrote: It's ok. We have him too:

:wink: :D :D
But we lost him:

And we replaced him with:

!!! :lol: :barscarf:
But we never replaced him:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:

You've just got yourself a free steak, Cumberland ring, chicken breast and all the trimmings at the BBQ my friend.

Without injuries Abou would have pissed all over Ozil and we could have used the £42m to sign a striker instead

Poor Abou :(
I look forward to it my friend :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Saw this just now and made me laugh. Proof that Gervinho was the mastermind behind all that followed :D

http://swol.co/why-gervinho-is-responsi ... enal/29865#