SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by Herd »

The fact that Gazidis is in Asia tells me nothings getting done quick in terms of buying ,similarly we will only buy a big name/price tagged player IF we unload some players like Gervinho.

Bendtner still cant be shifted unless its on a free ,let him go I say !

So far I think we have released or loaned 19 players ,and have signed 1 !

PS If I see Gazidis tomorrow what do u want me to say to him ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No need for words Herd. A snooker ball in a sock however..........

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

highburyJD wrote:Least believable story of the year
If we want to maximise income getting a chunk of 25% is not the way to do it
Buy him for £25M we could sell him for more
Motes would happily take Tets, Jack and/or Cesc directly from us

Ludicrous BS from clubcall
I hope you are right, I couldn't see us selling our only decent player to man utd and handing them the title!! :cry:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Top Londoner wrote:Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will reportedly not stand in Manchester United's path as they bid to sign Cesc Fabregas for £26million.

Red Devils boss David Moyes responded to losing out on Barcelona starlet Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich by reportedly making a concrete bid to take Fabregas away from the Catalan giants. Barca are yet to make an official response to United's bid, but the fact Arsenal had a £25million buy-back clause inserted into the deal when they sold the Spanish international for £30million two years ago was also an obstacle United had to overcome before they could strike a deal.

However, reports are claiming that Wenger would not get in the way of United's bid knowing that the Gunners will pick up 50 percent of any sell-on fee. Therefore it will be down to Barca to decide if they can afford to let Fabregas leave given that he has struggled for first-team football at the Nou Camp, while Brazilian starlet Neymar has also been added to their attacking options this summer. Fabregas could be tempted by a move to Old Trafford where he would almost certainly be guaranteed first-team football in the build up to next summer's World Cup, while he would also be reunited with former Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-unit ... 07431.html

all good fun, eh?
:D didn't even know Club Call still existed! This type of "story" is why I hate the internet sometimes.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Herd wrote:The fact that Gazidis is in Asia tells me nothings getting done quick in terms of buying ,similarly we will only buy a big name/price tagged player IF we unload some players like Gervinho.

I dont think Gazidis being out in Asia has any impact on transfers - why would it?

If he does as little as people believe then it will make no difference anyway.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

kiwomya wrote:
Herd wrote:The fact that Gazidis is in Asia tells me nothings getting done quick in terms of buying ,similarly we will only buy a big name/price tagged player IF we unload some players like Gervinho.

I dont think Gazidis being out in Asia has any impact on transfers - why would it?

If he does as little as people believe then it will make no difference anyway.
Yeah although I do feel inclined to blame all the world's troubles on him taking the step back surely transfers aren't within the Commercial Director's remit? Which means that it's down to Dickhead Law to thrash out deals on the telephone from America :roll:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Looks like Alvaro Negredo to shitty is happening in the next few days not sure if that means Jovetic is back on the market ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Thinking about the hypothetical Fabregas to Manure scenario. Barca sell Cesc to Manure for £26m , they then have to give Arsenal PLC £13m or 50% of sell on fee. This means that in effect Barca lose £17m on Cesc in two years. (am I getting this correct) . It just wouldn't make sense.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Gazidis said there are 3 people primarily involved in transfers, himself, Wanger and Dick law. God knows where Dick Law is currently but the other two dicks are in Asia so NOTHING is going to be done whilst they are out there!!

This is going to be yet another transfer window where we make a profit. Wenger said he has to make 20m profit every year.....this year it's not just through selling players it's by letting them go and getting them off of the wage bill and by buying no-one it's money in the bank, just what Stan, Ivan and Wanger love to see. That will be the seasons primary objective reached. Then it's just 'get a CL place at all costs' and we are sorted for another year, Wanger and Ivan get their big fat bonuses for hitting fiscal targets and the cycle will start all over again next April/May when they will start talking about us being in a better position financially, Wanger has money to spend we can afford anyone etc etc.

This is the biggest rip off of the modern sporting era. Arsenal FC have class?? Not under this current management, it's a disgrace what they are doing with their bullshit and lies to mug the sheep that follow Arsenal.

Clash

Post by Clash »

highburyJD wrote:No way will we let Cesc go to ManUre. Would be insanity.
JD you make it sound like Arsenal are still a football club that still makes football decisions.

A club that is willing to sell its captain and best player to Man United is more than capable of sitting back letting another former captain go to Man Utd. Especially when there's money in it for them. I agree with you that it would be insanity - but we are managed by a lunatic. He has different agendas to us fans so I'm not ruling it out. Last summer taught me not to rule anything out.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Thank god for that.I must have been dreaming last summer that we sold them the best player in the prem.Glad it was all a dream.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

donaldo wrote:
Thank god for that.I must have been dreaming last summer that we sold them the best player in the prem.Glad it was all a dream.
:lol: :lol:

:(

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

donaldo wrote:

Sorry to let you know it was not a dream but on the good side it was for footballing reasons . :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Quick question ...... Do we get 50% of the fee if barca sell Cesc or 50% of any profit they make from the sale ? Both are common practices in football transfers and as you can tell, there is a vast difference in the potential windfall

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

augie wrote:Quick question ...... Do we get 50% of the fee if barca sell Cesc or 50% of any profit they make from the sale ? Both are common practices in football transfers and as you can tell, there is a vast difference in the potential windfall
I saw something the other day about his contract I will find it then link it over

Here it is but not sure how true it is .

http://goonerinbarca.wordpress.com/
Last edited by swimmer1 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.