SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:It seems Suarez is now the only top striker left on the market. Rooney is chavski bound, which leaves Torres??? Yes, Torres...
We weren't exactly short of goals last season, second top scorers behind United? We've no problem scoring them, it's conceding them we have a problem with. If we could secure players like Micah Richards, David Luiz and an experienced goal keeper, bring Cesc back as well, then we will be title contenders. Oh and go back to 4-4-1-1 formation.
We were second-top scorers but how many games - especially in the first half of the season - did we score 0 or 1 goals in? Far too many. I've rarely seen such insipid performances as the likes of Norwich, Schalke and Bradford (just to name a few). Signing a Citeh reject and throwing £30m and stupid wages at a centre-back who is less reliable than the centre-backs we've already got isn't going to radically change our team - we're not going to win the title on scrappy 1-0 wins (especially with those players).

Do agree we desperately need a keeper though. But we as a club are crying out for a top class striker - and it's a core necessity of our formation which we know will not change.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Think we have totally started this transfer season the wrong way shouting out how we can afford most players in the world Gazidis saying we get all business done nice and early even said there will be changes at the board bring in younger blood all we end up with so far is Postman Yaya and a 73 year old new chairman no wonder fans gets frustrated.But we live in hope .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:
swimmer1 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:What are we going to look like with Higuain at Napoli and Suarez at Madrid. Oh dear lord we're a laughing stock. Not an iota of a clue how to conduct a transfer, gaping holes in the squad and we're doing it on the fly. It's gonna be a long season folks.
I looked at our 1st team squad the other day and oh my god we are in trouble also take away another 4 players Park,Camel,forehead and Bender no word of a lie it will be one of the weekest in the PL we need at least 5 big players to come in .
"laughing stock" "weekest in the PL"
even you guys must reread these posts and think, actually that's bollox isn't it...

We badly need reinforcements just to maintain our level as one of the dozen best in Europe, let alone to push on and challenge for the Prem/CL
But we are obviously not one of the weakest teams in the league or a laughing stock.
We will not be in a relegation battle. If you really believed what you were posting you'd be delighted with any European football.
We will of course get at least that, doubt many of us would celebrate it (virtual barbecue's aside)

We are currently a little over 3 weeks to the first game of the season.

We have 1 decent (debatable) keeper
1 fit CB
1 fit LB
Sagna in the final year of his contract (no sign of an extension, so another off on a free next Summer) currently having to fill in at CB.
No defnesive midfielder we've been crying out for with years
No world class striker, still to replace van judas.
No winger to replace the hapless clingon.

A laughing stock, yes indeed and I stand over that 100%.
So True Rodders we are truly F*cked (again) and yet the AKB Sheeple will still sing out the hapless *word censored* name :roll: :banghead: :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

On a positivie note Sky Italia are repoting that talks are currently taking place about the transfer of the clingon to Roma.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

swimmer1 wrote:Think we have totally started this transfer season the wrong way shouting out how we can afford most players in the world Gazidis saying we get all business done nice and early even said there will be changes at the board bring in younger blood all we end up with so far is Postman Yaya and a 73 year old new chairman no wonder fans gets frustrated.But we live in hope .
Good point - for a club/manager who have in the past moaned about the escalating price of players and the likes of Citeh, Chelsea, PSG etc pushing up prices of players because selling clubs extort them as they know they have bags of money, it doesn't seem like a brainwave to me to go into negotiations for a player when the whole world thinks you've got £70m burning a hole in your pocket.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

swimmer1 wrote:Think we have totally started this transfer season the wrong way shouting out how we can afford most players in the world Gazidis saying we get all business done nice and early even said there will be changes at the board bring in younger blood all we end up with so far is Postman Yaya and a 73 year old new chairman no wonder fans gets frustrated.But we live in hope .

This ^^^^ To tell the very people (other football clubs whom you may well be doing business with) that you have shed loads of wonga - Is surely the LAST thing you want to do, perhaps I am being cynical, but to do the equivalent of shouting from the rooftops you have at least £70mill to spend - noy only automatically adds £5 - £10 mill to a players sale fee, but perhaps also cons those Gooners considering not renewing their Season Tickets....Shout we've got £70mill to spend - get all the renewals done on the back of that - then spend NOTHING!..

Gazidis is no business fool a tight *word censored* yes, but he sure knows how to best serve his masters and make them more money... :twisted:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Good point - for a club/manager who have in the past moaned about the escalating price of players and the likes of Citeh, Chelsea, PSG etc pushing up prices of players because selling clubs extort them as they know they have bags of money, it doesn't seem like a brainwave to me to go into negotiations for a player when the whole world thinks you've got £70m burning a hole in your pocket.
£70m I think we have nearer 100m and not got a clue how to use it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:On a positivie note Sky Italia are repoting that talks are currently taking place about the transfer of the clingon to Roma.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm :barscarf:
Oh! PLEASE Dog let that be true.

Even Cesc is praying it will happen!

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

northbank123 wrote:

When did Arsenal say they had bang on 70M to spend? Wasn't that just the usual tabloid shit?

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Can anyone exlain what this "trigger" in Suarez contract means? What's the point in being able to officially talk to him if the club aren't interested in the fee we are offering? is it just to push the player to hand in a transfer request?

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

kiwomya wrote:
markyp wrote:we will never land suarez,imagine if Liverpool actually said ok,wenker would shit himself and backtrack,also rooney is more available,cheaper and just as good so why aren't we in for him,suarez is a non starter,a non goer,end of
The fees for these players being chucked about isn't an "all bills paid" inclusive price mate. £25/30M for Rooney doesn't include his 200/250K a week salary + christ knows what else in his contract. He's also about 2 years older than Suarez and not in the best of form.
Yet even including his wages any Rooney deal would still be cheaper than one for Suarez if we have to pay around £50m for the latter before including his wages. I also think that he comes with a little less on-field baggage - albeit it's negligible - but with the added bonus of having familiarity with some of his England colleagues and a more sympathetic media response because he's still their golden boy. :barscarf:

28 years old? He has still to reach his peak yet!! As for his so called bad form, even if true I think his class is unquestionable and it wouldn't take much to get him playing at his best again, especially if he is in an environment where he is made to feel important to the team.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Somehow after considering Suarez Rooney is seeming like a fairly reasonable bloke and far less of a *word censored* than I've thought for the last decade :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

kiwomya wrote:Can anyone exlain what this "trigger" in Suarez contract means? ..
It serves the same purpose as the Trigger in Only Fools and Horses did - to be the butt of jokes!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

kiwomya wrote:Can anyone exlain what this "trigger" in Suarez contract means? What's the point in being able to officially talk to him if the club aren't interested in the fee we are offering? is it just to push the player to hand in a transfer request?

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419
I think it is the amount where Liverpool has to tell the player that a team is intrested in him so not much really

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

There is talk of Suarez being allowed to talk to Arsenal see what a extra £1.00 can bring you . :shock: