POLL: Do you want Arsenal to sign Wayne Rooney?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Arsenal to sign Wayne Rooney?

YES
57%
NO
35%
NOT SURE
8%

Total votes: 93

jrthgooner

Re: POLL: Do you want Arsenal to sign Wayne Rooney?

Post by jrthgooner »

To buy Rooney would represent a gamble but surely it is one worth taking? He would win at least 5 games a season on his own (whether setting up or scoring goals) and we do not have a forward in the club who can do that. He can also play in any of the attacking positions used in the 5 man midfield we employ so it has to be a massive YES from me.

Whilst I accept there are other players we could get in the same price range none of them know the league and there are no guarantees they will adjust

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

One thing Rooney would bring is a winners mentality the downside of that being, does he still have the motivation to win?
unlike our players he has a trophy cabinet brim full with silverware and I'm not sure if he really has the desire to be a winner any more. :rubchin:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Anyone who seriously thinks Rooney would join us rather than Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, PSG or even City is totally bonkers.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

hugh jardon wrote:Anyone who seriously thinks Rooney would join us rather than Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, PSG or even City is totally bonkers.
True... But maybe Chelsea (Torres, Schurrle, Lukaku), Barcelona (Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez), Real Madrid (Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Hugain (for now!)), PSG (Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi) and Man City (Aguero, Dzeko) are not interested in Rooney.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Red Gunner wrote:
hugh jardon wrote:Anyone who seriously thinks Rooney would join us rather than Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, PSG or even City is totally bonkers.
True... But maybe Chelsea (Torres, Schurrle, Lukaku), Barcelona (Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez), Real Madrid (Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Hugain (for now!)), PSG (Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi) and Man City (Aguero, Dzeko) are not interested in Rooney.
None of the top clubs will pay £25-30m for him (plus stupid wages). He's just not that good. Unless United want to sell him at a cut price or PSG or Monaco come in and he's willing to go play in Ligue Fun then he's not going anywhere.

The story will end with Rooney sheepishly backtracking and pretending that reports of him wanting out were exaggerated and misinformed. And many of the United fans who proclaimed they would never forgive him this time welcoming him back with opening arms and rekindling their view that he is one of the world's best.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

voted no.
Too fat, too expensive.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Rooney is desperate to move to City or Chelsea but neither want him ,this leaves him with only us .
He is too stupid to move abroad and the missus wont have it but he still may have to as no-one else can pay him what he gets.
He may yet swallow his nob and sort it out with Moyes but he's a bitter so he's unlikely too.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

With Wenger having become one of Sir Alex's buddies. following their rvp phone calls and Wenger assuring Sir Alex that rvp was actually better than he thinks.
I'm sure he will have spoken to his friend regarding Rooney, I reckon Sir Alex will have told Wenger that Rooney is trouble and to stay clear.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I'd agree with Meatface on that...

manninger

Post by manninger »

highburyJD wrote:I'd agree with Meatface on that...

he needs a new challange...it could work out...but he will go 2 PSG...unless his misses wants to stay in uk...women is the CEO in every home in that aspect...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Brady's left peg wrote:One thing Rooney would bring is a winners mentality the downside of that being, does he still have the motivation to win? unlike our players he has a trophy cabinet brim full with silverware and I'm not sure if he really has the desire to be a winner any more. :rubchin:

Well as far as I know he doesn't have that much sought after 4th Place Is Like A Trophy Medal ! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

manninger wrote:
highburyJD wrote:I'd agree with Meatface on that...

he needs a new challange...it could work out...but he will go 2 PSG...unless his misses wants to stay in uk...women is the CEO in every home in that aspect...

Why? are there a lot of Grannies among the PSG fans ???

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not now we've got Sanogo....he can fuck right off the useless wanker !

Sanogo.....wooooooooooh
Sanogo.....wooooooooooh
We signed him from Ligue Deux
He's shit just like Giroud