End of the season thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: End of the season thread

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Would love to relegate the Toon. Particularly fucking hate Alan Pardew. Complete arsehole. Self publicising moron. :roll: :x

Reminds me of an Alerdyce-Lite. :lol:

This x a million 8)

I don't mind the Geordies as such but I really despise the c.untbag pardew :evil: I don't often stand up for wenker but he should have decked pardew at upton park a few years ago when the sneaky headed w**ker started gloating after the shammers scored :evil: :evil: :cussing: :censored:

On a more relevant issue can I say again that I like the mackems and I really hope that they stay up but if they don't then they should go after o'neill and get the wages back that he was paid cos it is down to him that there are in the mess :roll: It is one thing buying the wrong players or paying too much for players but it is completely unacceptable to leave a club with only two recognised strikers (wenker take note) and with fletcher injured they look to be in trouble. I feel sorry for Danny graham tbh - for me he is a decent striker but had a section of the fans against him from the start due to his geordie roots and now he can't buy a goal despite working his nuts off for the team. Again if o'neill was buying a striker last jan then shouldn't it have been a faster more mobile striker to play off fletcher cos for me graham and fletcher are too similar to ever work in partnership

In an ideal world the geordies get relegated and I would love it if we were the one's to relegate them (although going up there for a stag a few weeks later so might keep my allegiances quirt :lol: ). Failing that I hope villa go cos unlike most I want Wigan to stay up cos I like Martinez as a manager

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The best thing for both of us is that Chelsea beat Spurs; Stoke get something off the spuds; You beat Southampton and then we beat Wigan. If that set of results happens: you stay up; we get at least 4th without needing to gain anything from the last match (which is a difficult prospect for me :worried: ) and whoever goes down, goes down!! 8) :barscarf: :lol: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I wonder if its better for Arsenal that Newcastle have to get something from their last game against us? Imagine the nerves and the tension there would be in the stands ... although to be fair Wenger's anxiety on the touchline throwing water bottles and outrageous body shapes worrying over his precious CL place would likely match it.

But I don't think the Newcastle players would perform very well in that sort of atmosphere. They've already lost the faith of crowd up there to some extent. If they're safe and relaxed and the tension is gone, then with the players they have, they are more likely to get a result against us.

But then again maybe not.

Who really knows!

Maybe we should just wait and see?!

:blah:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

If the scenario I painted in the above post to yours happens, then it won't matter to us whether Newcastle are relaxed or tense as they might need something from the last game, because we will have already secured the VT. :barscarf: 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If the chavs beat the spuds and we beat wigan then I can see both Newcastle and us being in the position where a draw could see both get what they need. As i can see Newcastle beating QPR this weekend.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Would love to relegate the Toon. Particularly fucking hate Alan Pardew. Complete arsehole. Self publicising moron. :roll: :x

This x a million 8)

I don't mind the Geordies as such but I really despise the c.untbag pardew :evil: I don't often stand up for wenker but he should have decked pardew at upton park a few years ago when the sneaky headed w**ker started gloating after the shammers scored :evil: :evil: :cussing: :censored:

On a more relevant issue can I say again that I like the mackems and I really hope that they stay up but if they don't then they should go after o'neill and get the wages back that he was paid cos it is down to him that there are in the mess :roll: It is one thing buying the wrong players or paying too much for players but it is completely unacceptable to leave a club with only two recognised strikers (wenker take note) and with fletcher injured they look to be in trouble. I feel sorry for Danny graham tbh - for me he is a decent striker but had a section of the fans against him from the start due to his geordie roots and now he can't buy a goal despite working his nuts off for the team. Again if o'neill was buying a striker last jan then shouldn't it have been a faster more mobile striker to play off fletcher cos for me graham and fletcher are too similar to ever work in partnership

In an ideal world the geordies get relegated and I would love it if we were the one's to relegate them (although going up there for a stag a few weeks later so might keep my allegiances quirt :lol: ). Failing that I hope villa go cos unlike most I want Wigan to stay up cos I like Martinez as a manager
In fairness, Graham did state previously that he would stay as far away from Sunderland as possible and he’d rather support Gateshead than Sunderland. Not sure I’d have much sympathy for him….

REB

Post by REB »

a lot of cork people have a soft spot for sunderland because of Charlie hurley and I hope they stay up ,as for the toon I hope that prick pardrew takes them down,gets fired and never gets another job.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

skizz_b wrote:let's send pardew down!!!!
Yes, that would be so "Satisfying"...let's see how choppsy the crunt can be when If Arsenal beat them and gets them relegated....it would be ***** material! :D :oops: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

kiwomya wrote:
augie wrote:

This x a million 8)

In fairness, Graham did state previously that he would stay as far away from Sunderland as possible and he’d rather support Gateshead than Sunderland. Not sure I’d have much sympathy for him….
Exactly. Although if you fancy a laugh have a look at Chopra's Twatter - some hilarious bites to posts from Sunderland fans.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I want Norwich to get relegated.

Stems from an antisemitic attack on a player years ago, plus I think their kit looks like a packet of cheese and onion crisps, before such a flavour was changed to blue.

augie

Post by augie »

Wigan :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Happy days - send those wanky limpet-like mugs down on Tuesday and the horse punchers will be on the beach when we play them.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

SWLGooner wrote:Happy days - send those wanky limpet-like mugs down on Tuesday and the horse punchers will be on the beach when we play them.
lol!

Post by 1989 »

SWLGooner wrote:Happy days - send those wanky limpet-like mugs down on Tuesday and the horse punchers will be on the beach when we play them.
Any chance to relive this: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

1989 wrote:
Any chance to relive this: :lol:

I have a mate at work who supports Sunderland, and he said the Sunderland fans have a new song...

"have you ever seen a mackem punch a horse? [have you fuck!]..." :lol: