Champions League Qualifying Round 2013

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

Re: Champions League Qualifying Round 2013

Post by Peeman »

Anyone know when do players have to be signed so they are eligible to play in champions league qualifying round

northbank123

Re: Re:

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:
highburyJD wrote:Fener not seeded? That's strange...
Fenerbahce, Lyon, Zenit, PSV and Metalist are all seeded.

Big names await third qualifying round draw

So if the results go to plan then we will get drawn against one of those teams ? Hope we get drawn against the toughest team in the draw and they trounce us home and away in this cunting competition :evil: At long last it appears that many of the akb are realising that there will be no big transfer spree this summer, that there will be no top quality signings as a show of ambition and that our hopes for the new season are going to be based around a team that finished 20+ points behind the winners of the poorest quality division in living memory :roll: :oops: When an animal is dying the humane thing to do is put it out of it's misery.....that animal is arsene fc and the life support has been champs league qualification and now it is time to switch off that machine, get rid of the c.unt in charge and move on accordingly - you all know it is for the best in the long term
Na we can't draw Lyon or Zenit (along with Schalke and Milan) in any event. If Lyon or Zenit don't get through then Fenerbahce will be seeded instead.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:

So if the results go to plan then we will get drawn against one of those teams ? Hope we get drawn against the toughest team in the draw and they trounce us home and away in this cunting competition :evil: At long last it appears that many of the akb are realising that there will be no big transfer spree this summer, that there will be no top quality signings as a show of ambition and that our hopes for the new season are going to be based around a team that finished 20+ points behind the winners of the poorest quality division in living memory :roll: :oops: When an animal is dying the humane thing to do is put it out of it's misery.....that animal is arsene fc and the life support has been champs league qualification and now it is time to switch off that machine, get rid of the c.unt in charge and move on accordingly - you all know it is for the best in the long term
Na we can't draw Lyon or Zenit (along with Schalke and Milan) in any event. If Lyon or Zenit don't get through then Fenerbahce will be seeded instead.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Isnt it obvious hes waiting to see if we qualify for the group stages b4 he spends .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:

Don't you let JD hear you say that........you've just proved his point about non-local fans, you fickle foreigner you :D

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I said nobody who actually goes to European games wants us to lose them
it's got nothing to do with where fans come from

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

highburyJD wrote:I said nobody who actually goes to European games wants us to lose them
Surely that applies to all games?

From my last "matchday experience" (fuck me, how much do I hate that phrase) at the Champions League sat in the upper tier, I would say half the supporters are oblivious to the fact that there's any sort of match going on at all, such is the fascination with that day's meetings with the bank, how Chloe is doing at school and the upcoming skiing holiday

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:I said nobody who actually goes to European games wants us to lose them

From my last "matchday experience" (fuck me, how much do I hate that phrase) at the Champions League sat in the upper tier, I would say half the supporters are oblivious to the fact that there's any sort of match going on at all, such is the fascination with that day's meetings with the bank, how Chloe is doing at school and the upcoming skiing holiday
Where the fuck did you sit, the knitting section? :? :? :lol:

I've never in my life experienced an atmosphere like that at Arsenal or any ground for that matter. I've been in quiet sections and loud sections, but never sections that aren't paying attention to the game.

Honestly, which block were you in? and have others had the same experience??? - perhaps it was a block booking by the women's institute or parents evening outing? either way, it sounds like a surreal experience and definitely a block to avoid! :o

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I've never in my life experienced an atmosphere like that at Arsenal or any ground for that matter. I've been in quiet sections and loud sections, but never sections that aren't paying attention to the game.

Honestly, which block were you in? and have others had the same experience??? - perhaps it was a block booking by the women's institute or parents evening outing? either way, it sounds like a surreal experience and definitely a block to avoid! :o
When I go I sit in 111 and the area is packed with people who are at best passionless and at worst disinterested. There are a couple of really decent blokes who sit in the row behind and a couple of funny older gents in front but those who make any noise are in the minority and generally draw bemused looks. And by "noise" I'm not talking about foul-mouthed, nonsensical ranting at anyone and everyone - I'm talking about a bit of singing and making some comments about the game and individuals.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I can't recall the block but it was the 0-0 borefest at home to AC Milan a few seasons ago. £55 quid plus. Took a half day off work and met up with a couple of mates at lunchtime, afternoon beers in various pubs and were determined to try and get some sort of atmosphere going. We were surrounded by about 4 rows of suits and my mate actually got told to sit down and a steward came over telling him to calm down.

What little talk there was about football (in between work chat and checking the Blackberry) was about as uninformed as it gets, along the lines of "who is that playing there?", "who plays for Milan these days" etc

Was sat in one of the blocks above the away fans (who created what little atmosphere there was). A completely drab experience....worse than PL games. Surrounded by the worst type of 'fan'.

If we do have to endure this boreathon for a few more years I'll be doing it from the front room or maybe attending the odd away leg.

augie

Post by augie »

I absolutely agree with that - when I am at the games I am as animated and passionate as any Gooner but sometimes it is good to not attend the games, take a step back and then properly analyse things and make a cold non emotional judgement on what will actually be better for the club and fans in the long term

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Do you know if we will play the away leg first or second, not sure as we are seeded if it has been worked out already?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mood1987 wrote:Do you know if we will play the away leg first or second, not sure as we are seeded if it has been worked out already?
When we played Celtic we were away first leg and when we played Udinese we were home first leg, so I guess it's not pre-determined

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I've had a couple of experiences like SteveO's. I think it's more a CL thing as its an easy thing for the Wankers in the City to come on after work and "enjoy" some football in the same way they might go to the Opera or Lords. It's just a jolly on petty cash for them.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I can't recall the block but it was the 0-0 borefest at home to AC Milan a few seasons ago. £55 quid plus. Took a half day off work and met up with a couple of mates at lunchtime, afternoon beers in various pubs and were determined to try and get some sort of atmosphere going. We were surrounded by about 4 rows of suits and my mate actually got told to sit down and a steward came over telling him to calm down.

What little talk there was about football (in between work chat and checking the Blackberry) was about as uninformed as it gets, along the lines of "who is that playing there?", "who plays for Milan these days" etc

Was sat in one of the blocks above the away fans (who created what little atmosphere there was). A completely drab experience....worse than PL games. Surrounded by the worst type of 'fan'.

If we do have to endure this boreathon for a few more years I'll be doing it from the front room or maybe attending the odd away leg.
Sounds horrible :? - I had a dreadful seat for that game. Back row of the upper tier, feeling completely disconnected with the action on the pitch, and it just seemed ridiculous that I was paying far more than people sat lower tier, on the half way line :banghead: